Are we expecting anything in 2019?

ChrisC

Proud Member
As we all know, 2019 marks 10 years since Michael's passing and presents an obvious opportunity for the Estate to mark this somehow.

I believe it's been said the Estate do not intent to mark death anniversaries but they didn't really mark his 60th birthday with anything significant either so I feel like maybe there's more pressure on them to do something now.

We're only 6 months out from the 10 year mark, with this in mind do you expect anything from them this year?

As we all know, 2019 marks 10 years since Michael's passing and presents an obvious opportunity for the Estate to mark this somehow.

I believe it's been said the Estate do not intent to mark death anniversaries but they didn't really mark his 60th birthday with anything significant either so I feel like maybe there's more pressure on them to do something now.

We're only 6 months out from the 10 year mark, with this in mind do you expect anything from them this year?

They've already said they're gonna release singles only, so I'm expecting a random song to be dropped at some point this year. I don't expect them to do anything special regarding the 10 years. I do not feel like the estate feel pressured to do anything lol. They've already shown that imo.

Last edited:
I expect nothing but some crappy tribute song. Some fans are saying that they might release a This Is It anniversary edition, but I highly doubt that tbh.

to be honest i dont see any new official release coming and also for the leaks i guess 2019 will be very silent and boring for us fans.

I hope we see concerts on DVD and Blu-Ray. Also Thriller Blu-Ray would be great.

We've had nothing worthwhile for what 5 years now so I would be surprised if they finally did something notable.

We'll probably all get 'invited' to a special celebration in Vegas for $300 a ticket attached to that Cirque nonsense.

Still waiting on more news from that Mark Ronson collaboration. Also heard that Kanye West might be sampling an early song ‘Never Can Say Goodbye’ but who knows. Would have been good if Kanye West worked on some original songs with MJ. Drake track was completely unexpected, no one knew anything, so hopefully there’s something going on

New music. At least 1 new track and concerts & video remastered in HD. 4K would be nice but i'm not counting on it.

New music. At least 1 new track and concerts & video remastered in HD. 4K would be nice but i'm not counting on it.

What do you mean? You can't make something 4K just like that, you would have to record it in 4K to begin with.... I think... someone correct me, if I'm wrong....

True but if you can upscale videos to HD then there might be a way to apply it to 4k also but i'm not sure if you can. I'll be happy with HD regardless.
What do you mean? You can't make something 4K just like that, you would have to record it in 4K to begin with.... I think... someone correct me, if I'm wrong....

I hope they finally release an HD concert (not Munich) in Blu ray

Thats all I ask for

Honestly, probably not.

The Estate is still knee-deep in the IRS tax dispute (in which Karen Langford claimed that the vaults were empty), not to mention the Cascio lawsuit being brought to the Supreme Court of California. I imagine they're either too caught up to worry about new material, or they're pissed off at the fans enough to walk away entirely. (I remember hearing people mention how irritated Branca consistently looks at fan meet & greets and interactions.)

Perhaps we'll get a This Is It anniversary re-release. That would be awesome.

I'm still gunning for new music because the contemporary pop/hip-hop scene is absolutely terrible, and I need something fantastic to alleviate me from that pain. But I don't want to get my hopes up.

Honestly, probably not.

The Estate is still knee-deep in the IRS tax dispute (in which Karen Langford claimed that the vaults were empty), not to mention the Cascio lawsuit being brought to the Supreme Court of California. I imagine they're either too caught up to worry about new material, or they're pissed off at the fans enough to walk away entirely. (I remember hearing people mention how irritated Branca consistently looks at fan meet & greets and interactions.)

I'm still gunning for new music because the contemporary pop/hip-hop scene is absolutely terrible, and I need something fantastic to alleviate me from that pain. But I don't want to get my hopes up.

Such a stupid decision to lie about that lol.

They've already said they're gonna release singles only, so I'm expecting a random song to be dropped at some point this year. I don't expect them to do anything special regarding the 10 years. I do not feel like the estate feel pressured to do anything lol. They've already shown that imo.

Shows you where their mindset is at. They're still treating his releases like he's a contemporary artist.

(I remember hearing people mention how irritated Branca consistently looks at fan meet & greets and interactions.)

not surprised at that cuz branca obviously doesnt care bout us fans at all

The estate hinted to the idea of an anniversary for this is it during the trial but that was a long time ago.

If is was shot on 35 mm tape, it can be rescanned in 4K, which was done with Thriller. Most of Michael's videos was shot on 35mm tape except Billie Jean, which, if i remember correctly, was shot on 16 mm tape.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Thriller. Is that a safe bet for Halloween again this year? Or do you think it will disappear without trace now?

It's been 5 years since they released new music. I need something even if they give us a demo or work tape of a released a track

Its the first time since to 2009 there's been nothing to really look forward to, it really feels like Mike has passed at the minute

It's been 5 years since they released new music. I need something even if they give us a demo or work tape of a released a track

Its the first time since to 2009 there's been nothing to really look forward to, it really feels like Mike has passed at the minute

It definitely feels like dropping a song would be ideal this year. Helped by all the attention the 10th year will get from media anyway. But the Estate never do what I predict or expect.

They'd be daft not to release something.
I guarantee the press will remember the anniversary and they WILL report on it, so it would be free publicity for any MJ release.

Honestly, probably not.

Pay back is a bitch and I hope the IRS take proper steps here. MJ Estate is run by crooks and frauds. The lies they told and how they threw MJ under the bus in that IRS doc is sickening.

Its the estate sueing the IRS not the other way around.

Come to expect the minimum and anything after is a surprise.at the end of the day the estate is there to make money for the kids with as little expence as possible (a good business) its easy for them to put out known material as it sells and theres little cost involved.also issues such as ownership etc could complicate issues. Its down to effort and how much they want to put in. If they arent putting projects out as "fans" it comes down to business and nothing more

Last edited:
If is was shot on 35 mm tape, it can be rescanned in 4K, which was done with Thriller. Most of Michael's videos was shot on 35mm tape except Billie Jean, which, if i remember correctly, was shot on 16 mm tape.

It is 35 mm film not tape. Film and tape are two different things.

AlwaysThere;4236201 said:
Honestly, probably not.

You are absolutely right. I’ve said it for a long time they will not release anything significant until the IRS case is settled. Even after the settlement if it is in there favor they will be careful with what they release. There is plenty left in the vault but will we ever hear it or see it is the question.

Its the estate sueing the IRS not the other way around.

Come to expect the minimum and anything after is a surprise.at the end of the day the estate is there to make money for the kids with as little expence as possible (a good business) its easy for them to put out known material as it sells and theres little cost involved.also issues such as ownership etc could complicate issues. Its down to effort and how much they want to put in. If they arent putting projects out as "fans" it comes down to business and nothing more

Yeah, and the IRS rightly so had a problem. These people are in charge of MJs business and say he earned the negative names in the press and valued him as essentially worthless. Scum.

The IRS didnt have a problem. The estate had a problem with what the IRS wanted in inheritance/death tax. Hence why the estate took the IRS to court.. the estate put such opinions out there inorder to try and get the amount due in tax reduced inorder to protect the benificaries and their money. It was obviously a legal tactic considering what the case is about nothing more.From whats gone on so far the estate (michaels children )are wining.its a shame peoples blind hatred of branca etc allows the facts to be distorted and they would prefer the children to suffer just to try and get one over on branca and co. we of all people should be stickler for the facts regardless of personal feelings to mclain and branca.

Last edited:
Back