New Petition: Stop HBO from showing Leaving Neverland

Not to be negitive but no petition of this sort would stop this doc from airing.. there is way too much money to be earned to let us fans stop it.

I'd reccomend to help damage control over stopping it.. its coming!

In this world only money talks. HBO is a company, so naturally they care about profits. A cute petition will not do much, I'm afraid. If fans would boycott HBO and flex their consumer power muscles and cancel their HBO subscriptions, HBO would at least begin to notice.

If
I had HBO I would have gladly made that little sacrifice for Michael, and save money in the process.

Danja;4240226 said:

Thanks Danja!:flowers: I'll cut and paste the article on this thread.

<header style="position: relative; top: -14px; margin-bottom: 6px; color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">HBO Said to be Reconsidering Showing Controversial Michael Jackson Documentary After Estate Complains

by Roger Friedman - <time itemprop="dateCreated" class="entry-date updated" datetime="2019-02-08T03:42:50+00:00">February 8, 2019 3:42 am</time>

</header>

&#8220;Leaving Neverland&#8221; may not be ready for prime time, after all.
I&#8217;m hearing that Dan Reed&#8217;s controversial documentary that portrays Michael Jackson as a pedophile may not show up on HBO&#8217;s schedule as planned.

Apparently Jackson&#8217;s estate lawyer Howard Weitzman, according to sources, has sent HBO very tough communications about the downside of libeling the King of Pop even in death.

The documentary is incredibly one-sided according to those who saw it at Sundance. It gives only specious claims by Wade Robson and James Safechuck, includes no defense of Jackson or any kind of counterbalance.

HBO&#8217;s documentary division is so well respected that I&#8217;m told Weitzman&#8217;s criticisms, as well those voiced in other places including this column, may wind up killing the doc&#8217;s presentation.

No one would accuse HBO of caving in, but rather having a thoughtful re-evaluation of the material at hand. Robson and Safechuck could not find a court of law to help them. An unbalanced documentary would cause damage to Jackson&#8217;s reputation that the Estate would have to spend a lifetime correcting.

Also, there may be interference from HBO&#8217;s new owner, AT&T. They may not be so keen to see lots of bad press from claims that can&#8217;t be backed up. So far the only endorsements the doc is getting are from completely discredited former Neverland employees who were also bounced out of court in the 90s after selling their stories to the tabloids.

I saw revived claims yesterday from Adrian McManus, one of the infamous former Neverlanders who thought they could cash in after Jackson&#8217;s payoff to Jordan Chandler was revealed in the 90s. They are, like the stories made up by other staff who were kicked out at that time, ridiculous. Some of them testified against Jackson in 2005, and they were completely unbelievable. If HBO is going to rely on that gang, they should definitely reconsider.

Not to be negitive but no petition of this sort would stop this doc from airing.. there is way too much money to be earned to let us fans stop it.

I'd reccomend to help damage control over stopping it.. its coming!

I agree. Sadly, I don't think any of these types of online petitions have a history of actually achieving anything. At best, they provide a meter by which to measure the level of support for something, or the level of outrage against something. I have signed some petitions in the past and I did sign one for Michael, but what usually happens as a result, is that my inbox is spammed, daily, by change.org about every other petition under the sun!!

HBO has apparently responded to Roger Friedman's opinion piece, saying that they will be going ahead with the screening of the documentary, as planned. Of course they will......they've paid money for it. I think it's going to screen in the Netherlands, of all places....let's hope the Dutch give it a gigantic thumbs down.

Actually, now that I think about it "banning" the documentary from airing would probably make people more interested in seeing it.

I am so tired of fan petitions and Estate letters! This has nothing to do with resistance and these things will not bring about any change whatsoever, or at least not to an extent that other activites would. So why bother with them?

Only two brave fans showed up to protest at Sundance. Bless them! But I was so disappointed that there were more police than fans there.

In my opinion there should be real action now:
1. The Michael Jackson Estate must fund and oversee a high quality film or series focused on the rumors that Michael Jackson was sexually interested in children
2. The Michael Jackson Estate should also fund and oversee a film or series highlighting the HUMANITARIAN that Michael Jackson was
3. Fans must cancel their HBO subcriptions
4. Fans should gather outside HBO headquarters and protest
5. Fans should stop arguing with haters (for their own sanity and well being!). Instead ridicule people for wanting desperately to believe that Michael would harm children. Write things like 'lol', 'fake news', 'media propaganda', 'facts matter', 'Go and Research'; use hashtags; share videos and links with information.

Now, of course, every fan does whatever they want to do and think is best. Of course! These are just my convictions and suggestions. But I feel that as fans we could be doing so much more and to better results than bickering with online trolls.

The action from now on must be much more strategic.

Unfortunately, petitions like this will have no effect as such a documentary, be it true or not, would produce a lot of revenue and publicity. Besides, it's better for people to see this documentary.... let everyone see just how much of a fraud Wade Robson is. The evidence is all out there, and there will be countless rebuttals and news reports that would expose the truth about Robson. Robson will get his just dues.

I'm not so keen on protests. I remember the fans standing outside the courthouse during the trial and that's where the name rabid fanatics came from. The press will just make them look ridic and bring more publicity to it. Look at the big fuss they made about increased security for Michael's memorial at Staples Center and how much that was going to cost the city; look at Sundance giving press conferences to bring in extra police.
I saw body armor on police and German shepherds and two little protesters. Crazy.

I do think it's effective to cancel HBO and tell them why. I also think AT&T should be cancelled, if possible, and tell them why-since they now own HBO. And if we could find out who the sponsors are on Channel 4, write those companies letters and boycott their products. Write them on Facebook-amazing how sponsors back down when they get backlash.

I agree. Sadly, I don't think any of these types of online petitions have a history of actually achieving anything. At best, they provide a meter by which to measure the level of support for something, or the level of outrage against something. I have signed some petitions in the past and I did sign one for Michael, but what usually happens as a result, is that my inbox is spammed, daily, by change.org about every other petition under the sun!!

HBO has apparently responded to Roger Friedman's opinion piece, saying that they will be going ahead with the screening of the documentary, as planned. Of course they will......they've paid money for it. I think it's going to screen in the Netherlands, of all places....let's hope the Dutch give it a gigantic thumbs down.
Mine gets spammed too, and spammed with requests for $3.00. But I signed it anyway.

I'm not so keen on protests. I remember the fans standing outside the courthouse during the trial and that's where the name rabid fanatics came from. The press will just make them look ridic and bring more publicity to it. Look at the big fuss they made about increased security for Michael's memorial at Staples Center and how much that was going to cost the city; look at Sundance giving press conferences to bring in extra police.
I saw body armor on police and German shepherds and two little protesters. Crazy.

I do think it's effective to cancel HBO and tell them why. I also think AT&T should be cancelled, if possible, and tell them why-since they now own HBO. And if we could find out who the sponsors are on Channel 4, write those companies letters and boycott their products. Write them on Facebook-amazing how sponsors back down when they get backlash.

I think I understand where you are coming from. However, should these transparent attacks on protesters, who have concerns that go beyond Michael Jackson and are at the core about justice and truth, deter anyone to voice their concerns in public? Should we all hide behind our computer screens, because we are afraid that we might be deliberately mislabelled as 'crazy fans' by people who have an agenda?

The real world is still out there, it is not on the internet.

I think I understand where you are coming from. However, should these transparent attacks on protesters, who have concerns that go beyond Michael Jackson and are at the core about justice and truth, deter anyone to voice their concerns in public? Should we all hide behind our computer screens, because we are afraid that we might be deliberately mislabelled as 'crazy fans' by people who have an agenda?

The real world is still out there, it is not on the internet.
I totally agree.
We shouldn't allow that their bullyboy tactics works on us.

The people behind MJvictims maybe MJFacts too with their supporters which are "survivor" of childabuse portrays us also as "crazy fanatics" and see us and MJ as their enemys who wants protect a famous evil sexual predator and they wanna take revange on MJ and us for what did happen to them in their childhood from other people!
For those people it seames mostly unbeliveble that someone who have the courage to come forward and says that he was sexual abused as a child lies!

It is really sad that many people like this can't see MJ as the humantarian, a protector of children and childrenrights who wants the best for them and could never harm them cause MJs music is healing medicine for suffering people and a great inpiration to find your way in life.

Last edited:
A petition won't help but cancelling HBO subscription will. Everyone who is paying for it, shoud cancell and I mean EVERYONE. All fans and if possible their family members if they can be convinced to do so.
Much more damage will be done by Channel 4 in the UK as this is a FREE TO AIR channel that goes to every single household no questions asked. For this no subscription can be cancelled and because it's free it automatically has many more potential viewers than a subscription channel. Also these two are only the beginning, other countris will buy this mockumentary and show it to even bigger number of viewers.

Back