Your "Michael Jackson-Ranking"

Stranger_in_Moscow_

Proud Member
Yes, it is done thousands of times. So it will be done again. :) Your personal rating with the albums of the greatest artist on the planet - starting with your favorite album (maybe in ascending order).
Only the six King's full-length studio albums - no compilations and the remixes (meaning "Blood on the dance floor" with my favorites "Morphine", "Superfly Sister," and "Is it scary")!

To me things look like this:

1. HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I (Disc two: HIStory Continues) '95

2. Off the Wall '79

3. Bad '87

4. Thriller '82

5. Dangerous '91

6. Invincible '01

No, it is not necessary. I deliberately did not include them. The King himself has said many times that he has recorded these albums by duty, and "Off the Wall" is the first one he does as he wants. I myself have a few favorite songs from his albums in Motown, but there is not Michael Jackson, just only genius kid who records albums by duty. You have to read more of the King's story.

Oh gee....!!! Ranking the albums?! That's like asking one to rank their own children!!! I really don't know if I can do that....but I'll try.

1. I think my favorite one is Dangerous. I think it's the most diverse album with so many different styles and I love that. I love Heal The World (I have always said, and it still applies, that when I die they have to play Heal The World at my funeral...because it pretty much sums up what I'm about and what I feel my "mission" on thisi World is...the reason why I am here...to try help people the best I can and to try to make the world a better place...and that's what I hope wll be rememberd of me when I die...). I love Will You Be There...love the message in the song...I love te "being there in good and bad times....through thick and thin"...that's sort of like what being an MJ fan has been. We've been there during the hghs but we are also there during the lows. We're not going anywhere. We WILL be there.....every time. Promise. I love Keep the Faith. I love gospel and I love the message in the song. Love Who Is It. Love Black Or White. Love In The Closet. Basically I love every single song on the whole album. Jam. All of it.

2. This is going to be tough.....but it's either HIStory or Bad. Bad was the album that made me a fan so I sort of get a little "emotional" and I love every single song on it. HIStory gets me emotional too because it was rght after the 1993 allegations and it felt so good to have the album and that the whole thing with the allegations was over. It was like the good had defeated the evil and the world was whole again. And because the HIStory era was when I was finally old enough to be able to travel to go see Michael and it was the BEST ERA IN MY LIFE. It was just a happy time. I got to see Earth Song premiered live at Wetten, dass..? which was INCREDIBLE...and I got to go to three shows during the HIStory tour! Earth Song, HIStory, TDCAU,.....it's just a great album!!

I really honestly can't put one album over the other. I just can't. Thriller, Off The Wall, Invincible, HIStory, Bad.....they are all awesome albums! go through phases when I am obsessing over one album (right now it's Invincible...I've been listening to it non stop...over and over again from beginniing to end on repeat) and I'm like "Gosh LOVE THIS ALBUM!"....then I listen to the other albu and Ii'm like "Gosh, I LOVE THIS ALBUM!!!!". All of the albums have great songs in them. Depends on what mood I am in, what songs I wanna listen to.

No, it is not necessary. I deliberately did not include them. The King himself has said many times that he has recorded these albums by duty, and "Off the Wall" is the first one he does as he wants. I myself have a few favorite songs from his albums in Motown, but there is not Michael Jackson, just only genius kid who records albums by duty. You have to read more of the King's story.

Hm .... I really don't know this interview but he also said very early in his first motown year "Whatever I sing this is what I really mean. I don't sing it if I don't mean it." He repeated this later and let this Interview snip appear in a song called "History".
Means to me that every song he ever sung was important for him and should be part of his Legacy people remember.
He wouldn't not recorded them if he didn't stand behind them and their message.
His soul is in these songs too. He always gave everthing he could into the songs.
For me its absolutly not an concidance that we can find early Humantarian songs and songs with a deeper meaning in the motown era and on his second soloalbum "Ben".
We should not cut parts from Michaels Lagacy away like the media always prefer this.
(In every Michael Jackson Documantary the pre Thiller part is veereery short and they nearly pass on a compleate decade from his artistic life.)

It took MJ so much hard work, energy, pain, sweet, tears, lifetime, childhood etc. to give the people all this autcome and we should be thankful, respectful and honarable to every part of it.

Every Solo album deserves it be mentioned even "Farewell my Summerlove". which has some beautiful songs.
For me.

Last edited:
1 Dangerous
2 HIStory
3 thriller
4 off the wall
5 destiny
6 triumph
7 bad
8 the Jacksons
9 goin places
10,forever Michael