Quincy Jones presents: Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad

Lorraine

Proud Member
Country
United-Kingdom
Sorry if this has been posted.

Sounds great! I’ll definitely be going to this.

For the first time EVER, Quincy Jones will present the world-changing albums he created with Michael Jackson: ‘Off The Wall’, ‘Thriller’, and ‘Bad’, LIVE IN CONCERT. This one-off show at The O2 on Sunday 23 June will see all three records performed back to back by a symphony orchestra - conducted by Jules Buckley and Quincy himself – accompanied by an array of special guests to be announced.

https://www.axs.com/uk/events/369084/quincy-jones-presents-off-the-wall-thriller-bad-tickets

Wow! This sounds great. Liberian Girl with a live orchestra... I'm already salivating

This is great but it makes me a little bit sad caused I always dreamed of MJ performing his songs in front of a big orchestra and I whould love when he could have made his dream come true to create an classic album.

When I think about songs which I want to see him perform in front of an orchester it whould not really be the ones which where on the albums with quincy except from smoth criminal.
But when an orchestra will only play the songs without someone singing it maybe will be different.

I have the bad feeling that Q. Jones will be ego like always, care about his own legacy and honaring himself, not Michael and we will hear slander and disrespectful things again from him when he promotes this what we really don't need in next months.
I absolutly don't like Q. Jones. HE has a dark character.

Last edited:
ManBehindTheMirrOr - Dona;4240764 said:
This is great but it makes me a little bit sad caused I always dreamed of MJ performing his songs in front of a big orchestra and I whould love when he could have made his dream come true to create an classic album.

When I think about songs which I want to see him perform in front of an orchester it whould not really be the ones which where on the albums with quincy except from smoth criminal.
But when an orchestra will only play the songs without someone singing it will maybe different.

I have the bad feeling that Q. Jones will be ego like always, care about his own legacy and not Michaels and we will heare slander and disrespectful things again from him when he promotes this what we really don't need in next months.
I absolutly don't like Q. Jones. HE has a dark character.
He has been sick and had drinking problems but Quincy has a swedish, well half swedish son with ex wife Ulla Andersson. The son, Quincy III was in the jury of the swedish idol a few years ago and sometimes when would show videos of Quincy himself and I never heard one bad word about Michael. He didn’t seem bitter at all.

La74;4240769 said:
He has been sick and had drinking problems but Quincy has a swedish, well half swedish son with ex wife Ulla Andersson. The son, Quincy III was in the jury of the swedish idol a few years ago and sometimes when would show videos of Quincy himself and I never heard one bad word about Michael. He didn’t seem bitter at all.
Ok you should do some research on youtube. Quincy has become one of Michaels false friends and backstabbers.

ManBehindTheMirrOr - Dona;4240770 said:
Ok you should do some research on youtube. Quincy has become one of Michaels false friends and backstabbers.
I know some things he said, and not only about Michael but don’t know what his state of mind was then and his appearance on idol and in a recent documentary gave me a whole different impression.

There's enough bullshit going on without taking to this sort of posting. We are all fans in here and well capable of making up our own minds about things.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This is positive! Would love to see it. Michaels music sounds amazing live. Hopefully it will sell out real quick. We need things like this right now..

I am really excited about this - already put it in the calendar even though tickets arent on sale. It is a historic HISTORIC concert that we are lucky enough to be living in the same time as....in even 10 years time, there will be fans who will never be able to be THAT close to MJ in terms of artistic production of the best 3 albums in history. I saw the Quincy netflix documentary too - that guy is old..this concert wont happen in London again..maybe nowhere.

To those who have negative feelings re QUnicy...hear this... yes Im bitter on some level that its him not MJ doing this. Im bitter that now his lawsuit against the estate is settled and he's won, hes happy to go on and carry on making money off MJ's genius. Im also annoyed that the concert isnt named MIchael Jackson..all Quincy's ego for sure. However, when that concert hits in June and when it sells out in record time on friday this week..it will be MJ's legacy that is built on ..not QUincy. So get behind it as in history, this will be written as Quincy does a tribute to MJ's 3 albums..not Quincy does a concert of 3 albums he made.

I am really considering flying to London to be able to go to this concert!!! If not for anything else but to support MJ's music!! I just need to see if I can extend my vacation to be able to go!!! But I really wanna go!! Sounds AWESOME!!! This is what we need right now!! And we need to support things that are pro-MJ!!

Even though this is done by Quincy Jones, this is something positive. Lord know that us MJ fans can do with some positive news regarding MJ right now.

Guys, i really think that you should stop hating Q. He's in age now and i think he have some health issues, but i don't claim.

Will the live music be acompanied by MJ's vocals? or is it only music?

Sounds like a great event. Nice with some news regarding MJ's art and music...

Will the live music be acompanied by MJ's vocals? or is it only music?

Sounds like a great event. Nice with some news regarding MJ's art and music...

Its with an orchestra so most likely only the music. London sypmhony orchestra has previously done MJ's music and it sounds great. It on youtube, could give you an idea of what it will sound like.

If anyone should present it I guess it should be Q. I agree that this will be kind of a big deal and it's 2 days before the 10th anniversary of Michael's murder. The more accurate title for this concert, however, should be "Quincy Jones presents Michael Jackson's Off the Wall, Thriller, Bad".

Show a little gratitude for Mr. Michael Jackson, will you Mr. Jones? And a little humility. The way he showed his gratitude to you (all the damn time).

I can't go but I hope that MJ fans support this wholeheartedly.

This is a terrible time for MJ and it's important to show continued support in the face of the allegations being made.
The O2 holds, what 20,000 people or something. It would be great to see that place filled up with MJ fans.

"accompanied by an array of special guests" i assumed this meant singers...

Yes I imagine you're correct.

I hope some big names commit to this, but we'll see after the fallout from Leaving Neverland how many are there on the night. Showbiz is a fickle business/

Where did I say it would?

Well you said giving him your money wich implies that your ticket money would go directly to him. And you didnt mention any other so a reader can easily misinterpret.

Presale for o2 customers starts at 8.30 tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Guys, i really think that you should stop hating Q. He's in age now and i think he have some health issues, but i don't claim.

I remember writing some critical lines about him, last year I think. Irrespective of those, I am very thankful now for this initiative; I think it's great idea and I hope it will be a great experience for everyone involved.

I really hope Quincy doesn't "Jazz it up". I would be so great to hear the aggressiveness and digital production of Bad with the synthesizers with the warmth of a Orchestra.

Last edited:
Back