Pitch YOUR ideal posthumous album (if "Michael" & "Xscape" never existed)

Zack44

Proud Member
Hi everyone, I've wanted to help take people's minds off of this ugly Sundance movie and pose a hypothetical situation to everyone.

As we all know, when MJ passed away, in addition to working on the London shows, he was working on-and-off on a new album He was possibly going to finish it by 2010 and give out copies of that album on the last date of the This Is It shows. Then he died and everything- the tour, the new music, and in my opinion, the entire world- just stopped.

Anyway, after his death, there was an obvious instant demand for his unfinished material. The 2010 "Michael" album ended up compiling 6 previously unheard (yet posthumously-remixed) tracks, 1 remixed version of a 2004 deep cut, and 3 that were eventually proven in court to be fake. That project was a mess, to say the least.

2014's "Xscape" was a MUCH better project in comparison, but not perfect. Of the 8 "new" songs, 6 of them leaked prior to its 2014 release in one form or another (e.g. the 2010 versions of Slave to the Rhythm and others).

So, here's my question for everyone: Let's flash back to 2009 after he died. I want you guys to pitch me your ideal posthumous album concept and/or tracklist. Here's my example:

I would bill it as Michael's NEXT album, as opposed to a POSTHUMOUS release or his LAST album, so to speak. I would exclusively choose tracks that were recorded during or after the Invincible sessions.

Songs such as (but not limited to):

-Xscape
-She Was Lovin' Me
-Hold My Hand (w/ Akon)
-Can't Get Your Weight Off Of Me
-From the Bottom Of My Heart (aka the Hurricane Katrina relief song)
-Days in Glouchestershire
-Hollywood Tonight
-Best Of Joy
-A Place with No Name
-ANY of the will.i.am-produced songs

Have any of you guys ever thought about something similar? If so, what were/are some of your ideas?

Re: Pitch YOUR ideal posthumous album (if "Michael" & "Xscape" never existed)

Like I mentioned before...
When MJ whouldn't have died I whould love that he whould have recorded a classical album including "Seeing voices" like he planed it for many years and seeing him performing it in front of an big orcestra with less dancing parts.
This whould be the most realistic option for me in his age and health situation after This is it.

The next realististic option for me whould have been when he could have made his dream come true to create and direct movies after This is it, that he whould have released soundtrack albums, with soundrack shortfilms from the movies where we whould surely hear the most of the songs he holded back for so many years (to use it in his movies) in a reworked version in it.

When I must consider the fact that he had passed I whould relesed the best of original demo matirial and whould NEVER mixed them or let it interpreat from other artists to let the original soul of Michal live on cause they were good enough to relase them like MJ could finished them!
The remixing whould then be in the good hands of his adoring fans like SingleWhiteGlove or Nick* who have a much closer and respectal bound to MJ and his art then sony could ever have.

Last edited:

Firstly thank you for starting a thread that isn't about that Tabloid Junk excuse for a documentary. We need more new threads to talk about

I can't think of a full album right now, but I do wish Price Of Fame hadn't been "wasted" on Bad 25. I would probably release A Place With No Name demo version and Xscape 2014 version on an album as well as Best Of Joy

I'll try and have a think of a full tracklist over the weekend

I have to admit, I am not as knowledgeable as others are about what unreleased tracks are in the vault, but even before Michael passed away I remember thinking that if he was to make one more album then it would be appropriate if it was completely self produced. He was obviously keen on Dangerous, History and Invincible to work with people who would provide a 'current' sound but I feel the songs on those albums that probably meant the most to him were songs like Will You Be There, Earth Song and Speechless which he produced himself.

I have to admit, I am not as knowledgeable as others are about what unreleased tracks are in the vault, but even before Michael passed away I remember thinking that if he was to make one more album then it would be appropriate if it was completely self produced. He was obviously keen on Dangerous, History and Invincible to work with people who would provide a 'current' sound but I feel the songs on those albums that probably meant the most to him were songs like Will You Be There, Earth Song and Speechless which he produced himself.

I like this idea. Michael's own compositions were beautiful, but he could also make songs like Don't Stop. Even to this day his talent mesmerises me.

Hey ecsape was good! i liked that album but as for the ''michael'' album we know how that went down.............lol

IMO it would include all finished songs from the "song list" that was found after he died, as well of the last songs he had worked on that are finished. I think the Michael album was really good (except for the 3 fake tracks, obviously). Michael was working with Neff-U at the end of his life, who's job was to kind of "remix" the songs Michael had previously worked on with Brad Buxer, so it made sense to include a new version of "The Way You Love Me".
So my tracklist would look something like this:
1. Hold My Hand
2. Hollywood Tonight
3. The Loser
4. The Way You Love Me
5. Messin' 'Round
6. Jungle Slave
7. Beautiful Girl
8. Ghost Of Another Lover
9. A Place With No Name
10. Best Of Joy

IMO it would include all finished songs from the "song list" that was found after he died, as well of the last songs he had worked on that are finished. I think the Michael album was really good (except for the 3 fake tracks, obviously). Michael was working with Neff-U at the end of his life, who's job was to kind of "remix" the songs Michael had previously worked on with Brad Buxer, so it made sense to include a new version of "The Way You Love Me".
So my tracklist would look something like this:
1. Hold My Hand
2. Hollywood Tonight
3. The Loser
4. The Way You Love Me
5. Messin' 'Round
6. Jungle Slave
7. Beautiful Girl
8. Ghost Of Another Lover
9. A Place With No Name
10. Best Of Joy

Honestly I'd be really happy with this as a new album although I'm not that keen on Hold My Hand, I do have a ton of respect for Akon and the way he respected Mike
Wonder what Jungle Slave sounds like?

Honestly I'd be really happy with this as a new album although I'm not that keen on Hold My Hand, I do have a ton of respect for Akon and the way he respected Mike
Wonder what Jungle Slave sounds like?

Jungle Slave is said to sound similar to Shout. I have spoken to someone who heard it.

flamyyy;4241724 said:
Jungle Slave is said to sound similar to Shout. I have spoken to someone who heard it.

Wow, I love the sound of “shout”! This all got me thinking, isn’t it laughable that we don’t get new music in the future? I want to hear the invincible outtakes so bad (according to Michael in a 2001 interview with Steve Harvey, he recorded 100+ songs).

Also the Will.I.Am tracks.... WHEN??

I doubt many songs are left to release.
Snippets and rough demo's in the hundreds but not much that is more or less finished I guess.

Do we know if Jungle Slave is vocally releasable?

Wow awesome, do you know when it was recorded?

Apparently it was a Dr. Freeze song so it was recorded for Invincible but MJ reworked it in 2008/9 or so. The guy that I talked to it was played by Michael Prince at an event in Paris

1) Hold My Hand
2) Hollywood Tonight
3) Don’t Be Messin Round
4) I Was The Loser
5) Best of Joy
6) She Was Loving Me- The Rock Version
7) Beautiful Girl- As it’s not finished vocally, it can be released as a duet.
8) Days In Glouchesthire
9) Xscape
10) A Place With No Name
11) Much Too Soon
12) We’ve Had Enough- Michael’s albums need to have a ‘make a world a better place’ kind of song. One of biggest weaknesses of both posthumous albums is that they both didn’t feature one.

Nite Line;4241955 said:
7) Beautiful Girl- As it’s not finished vocally, it can be released as a duet.

We don't know how finished Beautiful Girl is, we know that he was working on it in 2005 and that he had listed it on his "to-do list" in 2009.

delete

Last edited:
Back