The Estate sues HBO

Zeus7

Proud Member
Hello, #MJFam:
​*
This morning, The Estate of Michael Jackson filed a lawsuit against HBO. HBO is not just a distributor but a co-producer of this so-called documentary​*Leaving Neverland.​*
​*
As many of you know, in 1992 HBO entered into an agreement for the broadcast of “Live From Bucharest” which became​ HBO’s​ highest rated special.​ As part of that agreement,​ HBO​ agreed to non-disparagement provisions which remain in effect. This program is the epitome of disparagement. Therefore, HBO stands in breach of contract.​ Even though​ Michael is not here to defend himself​ and there is no claim for defamation, this is a contractual obligation.
​*
Please keep raising your voices online to let your local broadcasters know that airing these lies is a mistake, and the Estate will continue to fight to protect Michael’s legacy in the courts.
​*
Sincerely,
Alicia ​*
​*
​*
MJOnline
The Official Online Team of The​*Michael Jackson​ Estate™
​Copyright © 2019 The MJ Online Team on Behalf Of The Estate of Michael Jackson, All rights reserved.*
MJOnline The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™*

Our mailing address is:*

The MJ Online Team on Behalf Of The Estate of Michael Jackson

9255 W Sunset Blvd Suite 420

West Hollywood,*California*90069

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can*update your preferences*or*unsubscribe from this list.*

Good news and some great progress. Hopefully HBO and Channel 4 listen and take the documentary down.

Wow! That's terrific news. Obviously had legal experts pouring all over what they could and couldn't do. They fought too long and too hard in court just to let this thing bring everything down.
I'm proud right now, even if it doesn't get the desired result.

Good or bad news? Will some people think there is something to hide if the estate trys and gets hbo to cancel the documentary, this might bring even more unwanted attention to the documentary. I'm skeptical to whether this was the best move.

SIDEWALKS;4242175 said:
Good or bad news? Will some people think there is something to hide if the estate trys and gets hbo to cancel the documentary, this might bring even more unwanted attention to the documentary. I'm skeptical to whether this was the best move.

Don’t be skeptical the law is the only way to go. When people find out that this is shutdown by law it Will only help. When someone is able to taint the world with one sided accusations and blatant lies you do what you have to legally to protect.

So they should sit back and let this lies filled documentary air without putting up a fight, because some idiots might think that they are trying to hide something?

Hell yeah!

I highly doubt this would get the doc pulled, since its set to air 10 days from now.

Good news and some great progress. Hopefully HBO and Channel 4 listen and take the documentary down.

I'm imagining potentially massive damages to pay here..... (especially since the trailer is already on 'global' release...at least as far as people using the internet can see).

Well done whoever drew up the Bucharest contract!

The best part about this?

If this makes it to court, HBO will likely have to produce any and all financial records. Meaning if they ever ONCE donated money to Robson's hokey "charity," we're gonna find out about it.

Holy shit, Estate. Standing ovation.

This is great news This means that the estate are fighting for Michael's legacy. I am feel a little weight off my shoulders.

If this makes it to court, HBO will likely have to produce any and all financial records. Meaning if they ever ONCE donated money to Robson's hokey "charity," we're gonna find out about it.

omg!!!

Thank god! Saints be praised! That s:censored: will die down.

Last edited:
Good news.

There probably isn’t much they can do to stop other channels airing this though. The last line in that statement says “Please keep raising your voices online to let your local broadcasters know that airing these lies is a mistake”.

Inevitably there will be outrage by some that th Estate is trying to silence them, which is obviously BS.

I'm glad this is coming out. These things take time, but we're fighting the good fight. Michael may be gone, but we're not!

Oww good point. Quickly settled then!

That is pretty amazing, do we think that they have donated or is it just speculation?

It’s good that they sue HBO. I am really glad about that. However, we still need to wait patiently to see what the court is going to say.

I guess they are hopong the threat of the lawsuit will make them pull it. The more it aires the more damages the estate will want

That is pretty amazing, do we think that they have donated or is it just speculation?

I'd be stunned if HBO didn't offer Robson or Safechuck money for their participation.

I'd be downright flabbergasted if Robson or Safechuck turned it down.

TSCM just wrote on twitter that they are going to show it anyway. Well I don’t have HBO and there is no way I will ever have that channel. They can do documentarys with proper research if they want to.

They've said they're still showing it and that this will allow everyone to make up their own minds. Even though it's a totally one sided hit piece.

Suggest anyone who has that channel cancel their subscription. They had just shown a trailer for another documentary (a real one) according to TSCM and in that case the ones who made it spent 4 years going throuh court documents.

That's so good, I can't believe that's actually in the contract! Finally something positive

“Despite the desperate lengths taken to undermine the film, our plans remain unchanged,” HBO proclaimed in response to the threatening filing. “HBO will move forward with the airing of*Leaving Neverland, the two-part documentary, on March 3rd and 4th. This will allow everyone the opportunity to assess the film and the claims in it for themselves.”

^ Bang on! Wow, just read those 20 pages of the lawsuit and the estate has highlighted every issue possible. They hit the nail on the head.

Back