The Jackson 5's "All I Do Is Think of You" more popular than ever!

troubleman84

Proud Member
I never thought I say this but I'm hearing more samples/covers of the Jackson 5's 1975 classic, "All I Do Is Think of You". I would've never known this was a J5 song if I hadn't listen to the anthology! Because beforehand I had only known it as a "new jack swing" staple recorded by Troop. But when I heard the J5 version, I was shocked to say the least! I honestly didn't know. :lol: Then B5 covered it two years ago and now you hear samples of it by J. Dilla, some dude named Moe and Lil' Wayne/Kanye. That song only charted #50 R&B but it's garnered some cult status in the years since! And it was a frickin' b-side! :lol:

I was in love with this song in the 70s. It was so special. I hate to see it covered. No one does it justice...they don't even get the lyrics right..lol

what was it the B side of...do you know?

I was in love with this song in the 70s. It was so special. I hate to see it covered. No one does it justice...they don't even get the lyrics right..lol

what was it the B side of...do you know?

No it WAS a b-side. :lol: To "Forever Came Today", their last Motown charter.

Oh and the one where I say Weezy and Kanye sampled it? Well I take that back, I played it and this guy was actually mocking them. It was actually funny as hell! :lol:

No it WAS a b-side. :lol: To "Forever Came Today", their last Motown charter.

Oh and the one where I say Weezy and Kanye sampled it? Well I take that back, I played it and this guy was actually mocking them. It was actually funny as hell! :lol:
oh Thank You! Yeah that's what I asked...what was it the B side of.. :lol:

I knew it was some great song that I luvvvvvvvvd :D

I've never heard that mocking song...probably a good thing

I'd consider it blasphemy :lol:

I never thought I say this but I'm hearing more samples/covers of the Jackson 5's 1975 classic, "All I Do Is Think of You". I would've never known this was a J5 song if I hadn't listen to the anthology! Because beforehand I had only known it as a "new jack swing" staple recorded by Troop. But when I heard the J5 version, I was shocked to say the least! I honestly didn't know. :lol: Then B5 covered it two years ago and now you hear samples of it by J. Dilla, some dude named Moe and Lil' Wayne/Kanye. That song only charted #50 R&B but it's garnered some cult status in the years since! And it was a frickin' b-side! :lol:
lok
Look out for it on youtube where it has a large following too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epmbgPytRHg&feature=related

Oh ok, I didn't read your question right. :lol:

no prob...

I'm so grateful you answered it tho :D

It means a lot to me to remember that it was Forever Came Today - don't know how I forgot - I wore it OUT - both of them.

All I Do Is Think of You really coulda been a A side tho

as I guess we've now seen these 30 years later :lol:

Nobody does it right tho :no: (somebody did it b4 B5, can't remember who - I wish they'd just stop it :no:

They need to just keep replaying the original :yes:

how I wish they would :wub:

it is a soulful Jam and MJ was Singing/Sanging on that cut. it was so smooth and laidback and alot of folks who grew up on MJ back in the day especiually J5 circa love that song and others that while not as big as some of there other cuts, still had a strong cult following. that is how it was back in the day where album cuts in some hoods would carry as much and even more weight to what got released.

Even tho I've know for a very long time now, I
remember being shocked as hell or rather pleasanty surprised
to learn that this was a J5 original. But like SOS said, no one
really does it justice.

I think Troop fashioned themselves after the Jacksons...
probably why it was a jam to me and many others back then.
And we know B5 was imitating.

it is a soulful Jam and MJ was Singing/Sanging on that cut. it was so smooth and laidback and alot of folks who grew up on MJ back in the day especiually J5 circa love that song and others that while not as big as some of there other cuts, still had a strong cult following. that is how it was back in the day where album cuts in some hoods would carry as much and even more weight to what got released.
Very true. On the first album it was Stand, You've Changed, Zipadeedoodah - on ABC it was One More Chance ("everybody loves a star - when he's on the top...") My Cheri Amour, Born to Love You, Never Had a Dream Come True and Timmy's lol The Young Folks- on the third album for me it was Can I See You In the Morning & Bridge Over Troubled Waters (Jermaine tears that song up!), Darlin Dear - On Maybe Tomorrow it was 16 Candles (another Jermaine jam) We've Got Blue Skies, Petals all the rest really for me, on Skywriter it was Touch (B side of Corner of the Sky from the Broadway musical Pippen), You Made Me What I Am (B side of Hallelujah Day, one of my fave songs ever!) sorry for the elaboration but what you said is very true

Ur thinkin' of Troop's version from 1990. :wink:
yes I guess they were the first blasphemers -_-

Sillouette I'm glad you learned early on, the error of your ways ^_^

:lol: j/k i know its not all that serious

but yeh ;)

:D

Last edited:

I never heard this song by J5!:eek:: Thanx for this!:cool:

love this song.. come out in my day...

oh boy.. I miss Italy because they would play J5/Jackson jams like LET ME SHOW THE WAY TO GO, GOING PLACES, SHAKE YOUR BODY DOWN, ENJOY YOURSELF AND ALL I DO.. during the evenings.. mixed with the new song ...

alot of folks like the Troop version and there was also another group in the UK that use to sing this song.. and they don't know the J5 did it...

a lot of artist have love for this song as well as I CANT HELP IT...and HEART BREAK HOTEL...

Last edited:
Very true. On the first album it was Stand, You've Changed, Zipadeedoodah - on ABC it was One More Chance ("everybody loves a star - when he's on the top...") My Cheri Amour, Born to Love You, Never Had a Dream Come True and Timmy's lol The Young Folks- on the third album for me it was Can I See You In the Morning & Bridge Over Troubled Waters (Jermaine tears that song up!), Darlin Dear - On Maybe Tomorrow it was 16 Candles (another Jermaine jam) We've Got Blue Skies, Petals all the rest really for me, on Skywriter it was Touch (B side of Corner of the Sky from the Broadway musical Pippen), You Made Me What I Am (B side of Hallelujah Day, one of my fave songs ever!) sorry for the elaboration but what you said is very true

I know this is an old thread lol but...
Let's also not forget "Doctor My Eyes" from "Lookin Through The Windows". That one was brill as well!!!

*SIGH*

LOOOOVE this song! I will always love the J5 version the best- only cause nobody does it better!!!!!!!!!!

growing up I never knew....that the Jacksons did it originally.....I just knew the troop version but yeah some songs that are considered rare are sampled by artist today or covered...music heads never forget good music though

CORRECTION: Lil' Wayne and Kanye didn't actually do a song that sampled "All I Do..." They were mocked by two guys called Twinn and Fatt Kidd from Broken Equipment Productions, lol.

Back