MJ Foot stomp appreciation Thread

BONGANI

Proud Member
Dont you just love MJ's footstomp. He does it on Man in the Mirror and WBBS performances more but I love it when he does it on Heartbreak Hotel on The Bad Tour.He does that move,squats, gets up and carries on and squats again, I LOVE IT!
At first I thought it was a simple move till I tried doing it.:lol:Since I can moonwalk I thought I could pull this "easy" move off too.To my Suprise I looked like was trying to plat hop scotch. You must watch how MJ coordinates his head, and his back while being consistent with the beat, its amazing.He looks like a Jack hammer thats moving to a rythm
Ne yo once attempted it and it looked like he was just hopping.
Since then Ive never seen anyone try this move, not even Usher.

Last edited:
Oh do u mean when he actually stops his foot when he's standing still?

Or do u mean the indian-esque dance he does? Like in WBSS live when the 'mama say' part comes on? I think thats what ur talking about.

Yes I always loved it if thats wat ur talking about. It's got some serious emotion, that dance. he always does it at like the big 'climax' of a song, when hes really into it.

I LOVE IT.. shows speed, agility, rhythm.. AHH just COOL!

J Or do u mean the indian-esque dance he does? Like in WBSS live when the 'mama say' part comes on? I think thats what ur talking about. Yes I always loved it if thats wat ur talking about. It's got some serious emotion said:
Yeah thts what I'm talking about, didnt know what to call it, and you're right about it having emotion, when he does it on LOVELY ONE on the bad Tour, he looks like he;s about to cry.

Oh, I call it 'that skip step he does', lol. I've seen Chris Brown do it, but it looks all heavy and clumsy when he tries. Michael, as with every step, looks so light and easy, and he's got just so much speed and control that its scary. The man is a crazy good dancer. He just shoots his leg foward and back again so fast and he makes it look like he isn't even putting any physical strain in to it, it just looks like its happening to him, like he's being moved by some outside force. All of his steps look that way, it truly looks effortless, as natural as walking or running. That's the mark of a truly gifted dancer. When they can execute some complex dance step and make it look easy.

Last edited:
Yeah I should think weight would be an factor in a step like this but MJ just Jackhammers his way through it. It really does look like something is happening to him, Like Isaac Hayes said, he is possessed when on stage.

Yeah it does look like something's happening to him. Like in the Earth Song thread I posted, during the WMA's when he just stopped and started singing/shouting accapella, and he was SO into it...SO in a ZONE...and he started doing that move...and u can see the faces in the audience...they're all like "Uhh...is he OKAY?" :lol: Cuz he looks like he's SO much in a zone, like u said, like he's possessed on stage.

Oh god I love that move!!! It is so cool...I have no idea how he does it...as you said the coordination of the feet and how he tilts his headback --- out of this world...I like how he does it with almost one hand on the hip...i dont know if he actually has a hand on the hip but it ives the illusion of it.

amazing!

Bongani you are in South Africa?! Wow!! Where abouts?

By the way I don't know what move y'all talking about but since I love all MJ's moves I will go with 'yeah I love it too'.

Bongani you are in South Africa?! Wow!! Where abouts?

By the way I don't know what move y'all talking about but since I love all MJ's moves I will go with 'yeah I love it too'.
Yeah I'm from South Africa. Johannesburg to be exact. What are you also from down here?

Yeah I'm from South Africa. Johannesburg to be exact. What are you also from down here?

No I am in the UK. But have lived in S.A (Durban) for a few months. I have also been to Jburg and cape town. Great place man.
By the way my folks are originally from Tanzania! :)

No I am in the UK. But have lived in S.A (Durban) for a few months. I have also been to Jburg and cape town. Great place man.
By the way my folks are originally from Tanzania! :)
Wow thats great! Holla back! S.A is indeed a great place, I was angry to hear Michael tell Ebony magazine that he'd recently been down here, bcoz there were no sightings. How the hell could MJ go unnoticed? Plus he normally goes to Nelson Mandela first when he comes down here.I would have loved to see him again..:(

Wow thats great! Holla back! S.A is indeed a great place, I was angry to hear Michael tell Ebony magazine that he'd recently been down here, bcoz there were no sightings. How the hell could MJ go unnoticed? Plus he normally goes to Nelson Mandela first when he comes down here.I would have loved to see him again..:(

I know I was surprised too coz there was NO news! That man can be sneaky sometimes :lol:

Back