who else is playing the J5 XMas Album now?

The other day, I went from store to store trying to find their Christmas album, but I didn't have any luck whatsoever. But I did find something with 2 CD's called "Now That's What I Call Christmas 3."

CD 1 has:

Nat King Cole
Frank Sinatra
Dean Martin
Tony Bennett
Andy Williams
Bing Crosby
Johnny Mathis
Elvis Presley
Judy Garland
Ella Fitzgerald
Gene Autry
Peggy Lee
Burl Ives
Louis Armstrong
Johnny Cash
Brenda Lee
The Chipmunks (Yep, the ones that are in theaters now. And yep, they are singing that song. lol)

CD 2 has:

Thurl Ravenscroft (he's singing the original song from The Grinch That Stole Christmas. lol)
The Beach Boys
Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
The Jackson 5 (singing "Up On The Housetop")
Al Green
Dianne Reeves
Kenny Rogers
Alison Krauss
Cyndi Lauper
Celine Dion
Gloria Estefan
Jessica Simpson
Christina Aguilera
Mariah Carey
Pussycat Dolls
Ne-Yo
Rihanna
Stacie Orrico
Relient K

Next year, I'm going to get an early start looking for the J5 Christmas album. I just recently started buying Christmas music for the Holidays, and I want the J5 album really bad!

Last edited:
Me me meeee! I am! Nice listening with you mistermaxx. :)

Merry Christmas everyone! :))

I haven't got the album either but have "Santa claus is coming to town' been playing that a lot!:yes:

I love the 'The Jackson 5 Christmas album"..... one of these things that have been played heavily during the Christmas time in my house :D

I just finished playing it, and what I want to know is, Did the J5 make "Mamma kissing Santa" famous? Are they the original singers of that song? What other song did they make famous on the album? Thanks.

I just finished playing it, and what I want to know is, Did the J5 make "Mamma kissing Santa" famous? Are they the original singers of that song? What other song did they make famous on the album? Thanks.

I saw mommy kissing santa was originally sang by Jimmy Boyd. In like the 50's or something. I'm not sure what songs they made famous but their version of"Santa clause is coming to town" is defintly a hot radio play during the season maybe "Christmas won't be the same this year" I dont think ive ever heard that by another artist, but could be wrong

I saw mommy kissing santa was originally sang by Jimmy Boyd. In like the 50's or something. I'm not sure what songs they made famous but their version of"Santa clause is coming to town" is defintly a hot radio play during the season maybe "Christmas won't be the same this year" I dont think ive ever heard that by another artist, but could be wrong
Thanks for the reply. I heard Christmas wont be the same this year in reggae version on christmas day.

Just spotted this thread, it was played in my house on christmas day!

Me! Me! Me!

Nobody sings Little Drummer Boy like Michael.

This album was a major part of my Christmas as a child. When it first came out it was played on the radio all the time. Aww, the memories.

I have not listened to young Michael for a while. Hearing his voice . . . It was pure, sweet. You could just tell that he had that extra special something.

Last edited:
I have that album and its a Christmas must!

Listen to MJ singing on that album and it sends tingles throughout your body! he was such a cute little boy to be singing with such soul!

To hear them singing those Christmas songs like that, you wouldn't imagine they didn't even celebrate Christmas in those days! That's just Mike though. As he said back then, "I don't sing it if I don't mean it." I guess he meant it when he sang it though.;)

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST

Back