MJ and his hair

jarvis

Proud Member
My wife owns a salon and she says MJ is wearing lace-front wigs,I dont know anything about them. What does everyone think? Is that his real hair or is it lace fronts?

My wife owns a salon and she says MJ is wearing lace-front wigs,I dont know anything about them. What does everyone think? Is that his real hair or is it lace fronts?
I don't know, but if it is his hair, he uses a relaxer to straighten it because it's not naturally straight.

A lace front is a wig that is usually hand sewn on a thin micro grid material and the edges are very thin and transparent (thus the lace reference). The wig is taped or glued to the nap line all the way around. If done properly, the edges has the look of a natural hairline edge and it can be parted to look like a natural part.

Most of the industry wears lace fronts, including Beyonce, Jennifer Hudson, Tyra Banks, Ciara, Rihanna, etc. I'm not sure Janet uses lacefronts in that whoever does her weave does not cover her edges because they look the same as she did when she was Penny on Good Times.

TOTAL weave. But i love his hair long anyways...however I'm glad it got "done" for Ebony lol

often discussed ;) but still I LOVE his hair-style most he wears on tours, naturally, curly like shown in the following selection:

bad-tour.jpg

bad-tour87-1.jpg

bad-tour87-2.jpg

dangerous-tour-dramatic.jpg

dangerous-tour1.jpg

dangerous-tour2.jpg

history-tour.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: Oh boy!
:huh:
Why is that funny? Teach me.

I think Trish at one time said she thought it was a weave. My hair dresser though doesn't think so. She does hair for one of the tv news casters who is black and she says it has to be a wig and can't be a weave because you can never see the new growth.

Last edited:
I wonder how he would look with his curls back. I really liked the curls. I like his hair since he has gone to the layers too though. I think the first I saw it was at the fan party in Japan and he has also used that in his latest photo shoots. It shows his face more. I like that.

If you look at the photos from OK magazine that MJ did with LMP, you can totally see the wig line...

It's a lace front, theres nothing wrong with wearing a lace front. John Travolta is a male celebrity who wears one too (i think).
I don't know what his hair is like underneath, I think someone told me he started wearing lace fronts in 1995. Most people wear them to protect their natural hair, especially celebrities.

Last edited:
Its a lacefront or whatever it is people are calling it i dnt really like MJ with it he looks better with his hair curley it looks more natural

vitiliago causes early greying of the hair, this could explain the wigs. But if my boy is going to wear a wig/weave, I prefer it shorter, like on MSG. This current one looks too feminine. But Michael has such a natural charm that he'd look good with a bag over his head.

while I like how he's been putting his hair.. I REALLY miss my favorite style of his which was the curly/wavy hair like in BAD, DANGEROUS, and half of the HISTORY eras.. Like those pics on page 1.

vitiliago causes early greying of the hair, this could explain the wigs. But if my boy is going to wear a wig/weave, I prefer it shorter, like on MSG. This current one looks too feminine. But Michael has such a natural charm that he'd look good with a bag over his head.

yeah I didn't wanna mention that cause of the medical rules, but since you did I'll comment to it. Usually hair turns Yellow (a very blonde color)

yeah I didn't wanna mention that cause of the medical rules, but since you did I'll comment to it. Usually hair turns Yellow (a very blonde color)
I've thought of that but coloring hair is the least of his hair problems. A lot of hair treatments damage hair or your scalp so the idea that performers wear lacefront wigs to protect their natural hair makes sense.

Last edited:
I think he looks better in curls, generally. But I don't think he should be rocking a curl all his life :lol: But I do like when his hair is really long...just when it's DONE. Like when it's just THERE...without anything DONE to it, lol. But NOW, since he got it cut for ebony, it looks really nice!

MY favorite hair of MJ is from scream. Really really really long but kinks in it.

But in general waht will really make mj look great is him wearing a fedora more. For some reason he just looks GOOD in a fedora...and he used to wear them all the time, now it's kinda rare lol.

I thought about that too. I prefer MJ's hair when its short like in YANA.

LMAO! Unless it's on a woman, I won't talk about it but Michael isn't fooling me. :lol: ;)
:rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin:

Well his hair isn't doing the singing and dancing so...:p I love him any way he feels comfortable ;)

I know his hair isn't naturally curly. His hair was nappy as hell when he was a kid. But proly putting all them chemicals in the 80s and what not in his hair made it look like he has great hair.

Vitiligo can cause loss in hair color, like turning it white, it also can cause hair loss, so, that's just speculation, but there's also Michael's accident in 84 with the Pepsi commercial to consider for that as well.

Back