Will You Be There?

charismatic

Proud Member
I swear every time I hear this song, I want to cry.

But how ironic is it that Michael wrote this song before the trials in 1993 and 2004. It's as if a part of himself, a part that is all knowing, knew those words, those questions would need to be asked in the future.

I've waited for so long to see a fan made video of this song following the the trials.

I imagine the opening of the video starting off from when Michael got off his plane and they hand cuffed and he raised them to show us the injustice he was experiencing.

The video would go on to showing show of:
--The tremendous support of the fans
--The support of his mother and her daily trek down that long walk to doors that determined the fate of her son.
-- his sister Janet when she had to be searched when she entered the court.
-- His brother and sisters and they came together as a familiy to defend him.

The video would end with Mike coming out victorious.

This song is so deep, and the question really is will you be there when the rest of the world is against me. When the lies are twisted into facts and the odds look bad-- Will You Be There?

I hope someone takes the time to make such a video. I think the song enough will inspire, and invoke the creativity needed to produce a truly heart warming though proving video.

I know this is old,but I think a video like this well over due.
If I missed it and there is one, please edu-ma-cate me!!

I think "Will You Be There" was originally composed to be a gospel song. That's how it feels every time I listen to it.

The lyrics:
"Everyone's taking control of me
Seems like the world's got a role for me
I'm so confused will you show to me
You'll be there and care enough to bare me?"

I think he's calling out for God in that one. People sometimes forget that like Marvin Gaye, R. Kelly, Sam Cooke, and Donny Hathaway, he's always had a song dedicated to God's glory. That's the reason I always call him a soul brother.

Last edited:
I have family members who really don't like MJ but they are also the ones who put in the DVD of "FREE Willy" and just play the song/video and rewind it and play it again, its just a amazing song.. When he performs it "live" (like at the mtv event) it was so emotional, especially at the end where the angel just swoops down and puts his arms around him

you know i think a whole lot more people like Michael but justis afraid to admit it. I think its a shame to cause i have ones who say they don,t care for him yet stare at his dvd,s when i have them on. Its crasy but i do think things are changing it that respect thank goodness.

I've always thought of it as a gospel song

but the beautiful thing about it is that it can be interpreted ANY WAY possible. It's a genius song. Really.

I mean that song took so many meanings for me. When i was going through a depressing time I listened to it and thought of my parents "being there", next time it was God, next time it was just ANYONE, next time it was ME being there for MIKE in his time of need...its just a crazy brilliant song.

Last edited:
This is my all time favourite Michael Jackson song :wub:

I think it's more about knowing that when you're at the top someone will eventually try to bring you down and he's asking us and asking god and anyone else "Will we be there" for him when things go tough.

see a lot of times people only hang around when the times are good... and when things get hard.... a lot of people go away. -_-

This is my all time favourite Michael Jackson song :wub:

I think it's more about knowing that when you're at the top someone will eventually try to bring you down and he's asking us and asking god and anyone else "Will we be there" for him when things go tough.

see a lot of times people only hang around when the times are good... and when things get hard.... a lot of people go away. -_-

I couldn't agree with you more! I absolutely love that song. This part always gets me 'choking'
But they told me
a man should be faithful
and walk when not able
and fight till the end
But I am only HUMAN!!!:sad:

Yep, this song unmasks all the Michael Jackson fans disguised as haters.
They start by saying "This is the only Jacko song I like" Till you start playing HEAL THE WORLD, they start singing the chorus. Play GIVE IN TO ME and they shly nod their heads to the opening bars. At times they know exactly where the various "hee-hee" and "hoo-hoos" come in.

wrong thread :lol: (I had posted a comment which wasn't meant for this thread) Anyways yeah Will you be there is very Deep! :yes:

Last edited:
I love that song and his performance of it is so passionate and emotional. It a beautiful prayer .. with an answer at the end
Gods angels are watching over Michael (smile)

He should add 1 more line to that song right at the very end.

"For you are always in my heart"........

"You were there"

That I think would mean alot to the fans.

yeah, but thats a completely different meaning - therefore I think he should finish that song - in future live perfromance only if it happens - with that line.

I swear every time I hear this song, I want to cry.

But how ironic is it that Michael wrote this song before the trials in 1993 and 2004. It's as if a part of himself, a part that is all knowing, knew those words, those questions would need to be asked in the future.

Another song that I think was so prophetic and even further back in MJ history is The Things I Do For You with the Jacksons. Check that out! As if he knew what the future had in store for him. He is out of this world, I swear. Man, I love this guy :)

I do agree with you on Will You Be There though and this is one of mine and my Mother's (may she rest in peace) favorite songs ever! Moving beyond words. Alot of MJs work has that affect from Another Part of Me to Ben to Cry. He is super!

Last edited:
AW: Will You Be There?

It's seeking what everyone does, I think.

It's seeking for true love. The only sense life can ever make.

And yeah... some would might understand it also as seeking for God.

Everybody who experiences true love in a good familiy, in a romantic relationship or in a friendship knows exactly what Michael is singing about I'd say.

The question will always be valid and never be answered with only words.

Wonderful song... I heard it once on a funeral... that got me deep inside somehow.

I love it!

Back