27th December News and Mentionings

magic

Proud Member
According to Today in Michael Jackson History Michael had this day as relaxing day in his life. So that is what I am wishing for you today as well. Get your strength for New Year's eve
xmasbiggrin.gif

News:

Fergie and will.I.am join Thriller 25

25th Anniversary Edition Of Michael Jackson’s Thriller, The World’s Biggest Selling Album Of All Time, Premieres New Remixes By Fergie, will.i.am, Akon & Kanye West

Fergie has joined an already stellar line-up of guest artists for the 25th anniversary edition of Michael Jackson’s Thriller, the world’s biggest selling album of all time. Alongside new remixes of classic Jackson tracks by musical contemporaries Kanye West, will.i.am. and Akon, Fergie has added her signature vocals to a new version of "Beat It" entitled "Beat It 2008," produced and mixed by her fellow Black Eyed Pea will.i.am.

Epic/Legacy Recordings proudly celebrates the 25th anniversary of Michael Jackson’s Thriller with a newly expanded deluxe edition of the phenomenal record-breaking pop culture touchstone, available in the U.S. on Tuesday, February 12, 2008. The album will be available worldwide the week of February 11, 2008.

The Michael Jackson Thriller 25th anniversary celebration kicks off in December 2007 with the release of a new single and continues throughout 2008 with a multi-faceted global marketing campaign featuring high-profile television, radio and online events around the world.

The Thriller - 25th Anniversary Edition will include the original album in its entirety as well as seven bonus tracks and a DVD featuring Michael Jackson’s groundbreaking short films from Thriller ("Thriller," "Beat It," and "Billie Jean") and the artist’s Emmy-nominated breakout performance of "Billie Jean" from the legendary "Motown 25 : Yesterday, Today, Forever" television special (first broadcast on NBC on May 16, 1983).

The newly expanded version of Thriller premieres six tracks previously unreleased in any form : "Beat It 2008" with Fergie ; a new Kanye West remix of "Billie Jean" ; a new 2008 version of "Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’" with Akon ; will.i.am remixes of "The Girl Is Mine" and "P.Y.T." ; and "For All Time," a rare unreleased cut from the original Thriller recording sessions, newly mixed and mastered by Michael Jackson.

The deluxe Thriller - 25th Anniversary Edition packaging contains a personal greeting from Michael Jackson to his fans penned exclusively for this special release.

Originally released in the US 25 years ago on November 30, 1982 by Epic Records, Thriller, Michael Jackson’s sixth solo album and second with producer Quincy Jones, rocketed the former child-star lead singer for the Jackson 5 into the stratosphere of international superstardom. Introducing the "robot" and the "moonwalk" into the international lexicon of clubland dance moves via the pulsing sounds of Thriller, Michael Jackson revolutionized all aspects of mainstream pop culture — from radio airwaves to the newly emerging art form of music videos — becoming the world’s most popular entertainer in the process.

The original Thriller spent an astounding 80 consecutive weeks in the American Top 10, 37 of those at #1. Seven of the album’s original nine tracks became Top 10 singles on the Billboard Hot 100 while Individual singles from Thriller reached #1 chart positions in the US, the UK, France, Italy, Australia, Denmark, Belgium, South Africa, Spain, Ireland, New Zealand and Canada.

Thriller made history as the first and only record to be America’s top-selling album two years running (1983 and 1984).

Thriller has been certified 27x platinum by the RIAA, giving it Double Diamond Award status in the US. In addition, the album has achieved Diamond or Multi-Platinum status in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland and the UK. In 1985, the Guinness Book of Records named Thriller the Best Selling Album of All Time, an achievement which remains unsurpassed to this day.

In February 1984, Michael Jackson held a record-breaking 12 Grammy nominations, going on to win eight, which stands as the record for most Grammy Awards to be won by anyone in a single year. Seven of Michael’s Grammys that year were for Thriller : Album of the Year ; Record of the Year ("Beat It") ; Best Male Pop Vocal Performance ("Thriller") ; Best Engineered Recording, Non-Classical (Thriller) ; Best Male Rock Vocal Performance ("Beat It") ; Best Male R&B Vocal Performance ("Billie Jean") ; Best R&B Song ("Billie Jean"). (Michael’s eighth Grammy that year was in the Best Recording For Children - Single or Album, Musical or Spoken category for "E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial"). That same year, Michael Jackson took home eight American Music Awards and three MTV Video Music Awards. The following year, "The Making of Michael Jackson’s Thriller" took home the Best Video Album trophy at the 27th Annual Grammy Awards.

Named the "Most Successful Entertainer of All Time" by the Guinness World Records, Michael Jackson is among the most highly acclaimed and influential artists in pop culture. He was named the World Music Award’s Best-Selling Pop Male Artist of the Millennium and received the American Music Award’s Artist of the Century Award. He has been inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame twice : in 1997 as a member of the Jackson 5 and as a solo artist in 2001.

http://www.hiphopgalaxy.com/Fergie-and-will-I-am-join-Thriller-25-hip-hop-6166.html

notice that all the remixed songs for T25 are just the songs written & composed just by Michael...

and didn't he already have producer credits for those songs on the original Thriller?

ummm?

Last edited:
I have been gone for 6 days.. HAVE I MISSED ANYTHING of importance??? LET ME KNOW PLEASE

Thanks for the news.

But rasta, what does that mean??

lol! shut up.. ha ha!!

eternity child don't play like that. lol! you could give some1 a heart attack..

I'm all ready freaking out about the SUPERBOWL thing AKON said, cuz it is SUPERBOWL is going to be only 20 minutes away from me. I don't know if mikes gonna be there OR WHAT.. If he is and I don't go.. I'll go crazy.. If I go and he's not there it will kill my pockets for no reason.

tickets are expensive.. I would have to buy them all marked up of course cuz they probably have been sold out for ever.. Now I'd have to buy it from the paper from someone trying to seel them for thousands of dollars.. IDK..

But rasta, what does that mean??

means mj makes more money off them cause hes the writer producer etc instead of sharing it out. though PYT wasnt written by mj

means mj makes more money off them cause hes the writer producer etc instead of sharing it out. though PYT wasnt written by mj

yep.. yep.. that is it...and

isn't the PYTversion that was on the Ultimate Collection ...is the one being used on T25... and isn't that version written by him?...(I am just aksing.. I will double check in the mean time)

I also like the idea of Michael sharing money with Will.I.Am as the TGIM single tops the charts rather than with Macca.

Thanks for the news and hope you all had a great hoilday. I,m so excited about the new T25 to come out and i know lots more people who are buying it also and their not even fans. So thats makes me happy to
others waiting for this great album to come out in Feb. thanks

Last edited:
YES it was written by Mike, lol.

They just made an error in the music credits that James Ingram and Quincy Jones actually wrote the demo.

And you know the oddest thing about all of this, for those who have the EBONY with Michael, it has James saying that Quincy got the idea to do "Pretty Young Thing" after seeing some pantyhose that Peggy was buying (I guess) called "Pretty Young Things", lol.

So take that how you like it.

YES it was written by Mike, lol.

They just made an error in the music credits that James Ingram and Quincy Jones actually wrote the demo.

And you know the oddest thing about all of this, for those who have the EBONY with Michael, it has James saying that Quincy got the idea to do "Pretty Young Thing" after seeing some pantyhose that Peggy was buying (I guess) called "Pretty Young Things", lol.

So take that how you like it.

cool...this is good to know.. and I also found this:

This article is about the 1983 single by Michael Jackson.

(Pretty Young Thing)" is a hit single from Michael Jackson's 1982 hit album Thriller.
The song was originally written by Jackson and was a mid-tempo R&B jam. Quincy Jones wanted it to be more upbeat so he re-wrote it and it was Jones' version that appeared on the Thriller album.
Jackson's original version of "P.Y.T." can also be heard on disc 2 of Michael Jackson: The Ultimate Collection.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P.Y.T._(Pretty_Young_Thing)

Allhiphop - Interview with Neyo

Written by Allhiphop.com | Kiko Michaels Thursday, 27 December 2007 Interview with Ne-yo
AllHipHop Alternatives had a chance to catch up with Ne-Yo and talk to him about the good work he was doing as well as a few other things…

AHHA: So professionally, what's next for you? You were out on tour for a bit…Now what?

Ne-Yo: Not on tour anymore! [laughs] That’s a long story. Well not really a long story, but maybe we can get into that some other time… Well I have my own production company, Compound Entertainment. I have a few artists. They’ll probably surface next year. Still got a bunch of producers, working everyday on different artists. I’m still doing some writing for a bunch of different people - Celine Dion, Nicole Scherzinger, Janet Jackson, Michael Jackson, Usher, Lionel Richie, Mary J. Blige, Whitney Houston. I’m also reading over some scripts, trying to figure out what the next movie is going to be. And that’s pretty much it...and trying to figure out what I’m going to do for my third album.

http://allhiphop.com/stories/alternatives/archive/2007/12/26/19012550.aspx

Last edited:
Allhiphop - Interview with Neyo

Written by Allhiphop.com | Kiko Michaels Thursday, 27 December 2007 Interview with Ne-yo
AllHipHop Alternatives had a chance to catch up with Ne-Yo and talk to him about the good work he was doing as well as a few other things…

AHHA: So professionally, what's next for you? You were out on tour for a bit…Now what?

Ne-Yo: Not on tour anymore! [laughs] That’s a long story. Well not really a long story, but maybe we can get into that some other time… Well I have my own production company, Compound Entertainment. I have a few artists. They’ll probably surface next year. Still got a bunch of producers, working everyday on different artists. I’m still doing some writing for a bunch of different people - Celine Dion, Nicole Scherzinger, Janet Jackson, Michael Jackson, Usher, Lionel Richie, Mary J. Blige, Whitney Houston. I’m also reading over some scripts, trying to figure out what the next movie is going to be. And that’s pretty much it...and trying to figure out what I’m going to do for my third album.

http://allhiphop.com/stories/alternatives/archive/2007/12/26/19012550.aspx
It was a short mention in a long article. With the amount of stuff he is up to I can't imagine him having too much time to spend with Michael. He sounds like a really good person though. The article is mostly about him touring and doing 4 benifit shows for Ronald McDonald House.

Look at this. Three of seven number one singles with only three letters in their name were Michael's. And lookie lookie who just became # 7. Everybody's fave artist .... T-PAIN!:lol:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/industryNews/idUKN2741844920071227

"Low," by the way, goes into the record books as one of seven No. 1 hits in the 48-year rock era to share the crown for shortest title. The others are: "Why," Frankie Avalon (1959); "ABC," The Jackson 5 (1970); "War," Edwin Starr (1970); "Ben," Michael Jackson (1972); "Bad," Michael Jackson (1987); and "SOS," Rihanna (2006).

notice that all the remixed songs for T25 are just the songs written & composed just by Michael...

and didn't he already have producer credits for those songs on the original Thriller?

ummm?
I think he shared it with Q. This time he's getting all da dough (and the master remixes, etc., etc....):)

This guy sounds funny.:lol: I don't know if it has been posted anywhere yet. It does look familiar but all of these artists seem to have the same stories about being inspired by Michael.

http://dailycamera.com/news/2007/dec/27/dream-hooks/
The-Dream: The man behind hits 'Umbrella' and 'Bed' steps into the spotlight

By Melanie Sims Associated Press
Thursday, December 27, 2007
NEW YORK -- Singer-songwriter Terius "The-Dream" Nash believes in hooks.
He's the guy who put the uber-catchy "ella, ella, ella" in pop singer Rihanna's Grammy-nominated "Umbrella." He also added the "bed, bed, bed" in crooner J. Holiday's silky ballad "Bed."
And though most folks wouldn't make the connection between Nash and the chant "shawty is a ten (aye), a ten (aye), a ten (aye)" on "Shawty is a (10)," he's the pen behind that song, too -- and the voice.
"Shawty is a (10)" marks The-Dream's debut as an artist. His first album, Love Hate, was recently released. Just before the release of the album, the 27-year-old talked to The Associated Press about his thoughts on writing for himself and for others.
AP: Your singing voice is high. Are people ever surprised that the voice on "Shawty is a 10" belongs to you?
The-Dream: Yeah, of course. (At a radio station), somebody said 'Yeah, your song is starting to wear on me. ... When I heard it, I thought I was about to hear this 13-year-old.' I was like 'Man, my voice has always been high. It never came down. Like -- ever.' And I'm kinda happy that it is where it is because it's still distinct enough to be like 'Oh, OK. I know exactly who that is.' ... Hopefully it's not that irritating where you're not gonna buy my records.
AP: Do you try and make every song you write a single?
The-Dream: Hooky, hooky, hooky, hooky, hooky. Put a hook everywhere -- that's my answer. Don't write a verse, write a hook there.
AP: Why that philosophy?
The-Dream: Because, man, that's what sells. It's the hook. As a songwriter, when I was first getting into it, everybody was like "All right now, what's the hook?" and it was the big part. And like everybody says "This is the big part of the song -- the hook! Get to the hook!" and I was like, "Well, why don't you just get to the hook right off the bat? ... And that way you graduate to something bigger than that, then the hook will be crazy!" Everybody was like, "Uh, no. I don't think so." And I was like, "All right." And I just kept going that way. So now, all my songs have those hooky things all the way from the beginning."
AP: Did you always want to be an artist?
The-Dream: Everybody wants to be an artist. I grew up in the '80s. You know -- Michael. I don't care who the hardest person is, everybody wanted a red jacket with zippers on it. Everybody wanted a glove. I remember my mom bought me a Michael Jackson CD. I've been in (a) band since third grade, so musically, I was already inclined to do such things. When I graduated, right in 12th grade, I joined this (other) band. It was a group of us -- like five of us in a little singing group. (Writing) came in like 2000. I just noticed like "Oh, wow, I'm pretty witty. And oh -- Jermaine Dupri makes a lot of money off of being pretty witty, after he honed in on his craft." So I just honed in on it and that's what kinda made it pop. And when it came back around time again to do the artist thing, I was like, "Let me get control of when my stuff comes out."
AP: How does the guy who writes for Celine Dion write for people like Chris Brown and Young Joc, as well?
The-Dream: I must have multiple personalities. Cuz somebody asked me a similar question like "Well, didn't you write 'Coffee Shop' for Yung Joc?" I'm like "Yeah." "Well, didn't you just write a song called 'Skies of LA' for Celine Dion? So what are you doing?" I'm like, "I don't know. To me, music is music. I'm just trying to do my thing."

Thanks for the news. I'm really looking forward to February, I told my son that I want the T25 Deluxe edition for my birthday and he said 'OK' I never told him how much it is likely to cost so here's hoping, got my penny's saved just in case though. :)

Back