Usher wants to feature Michael and T-Pain

eternitys_child

Proud Member
I don't see a news thread yet. Maybe a mod can move this into it once we get one. I can't resist the opportunity to get WBSS wound up. :p

http://blogs.sohh.com/soul/2007/12/ushers_new_musi.html
Usher's New Music To Feature Michael Jackson, Plus... Raz B's Brother Stands By Allegations Against Chris Stokes

Posted on December 28, 2007 9:08 AM

So Usher is doing a lot of press with his hometown paper the Atlanta-Journal Constitution.
The paper is reporting that Usher will be dropping a single featuring Michael Jackson and T-Pain.
“It’s been created, but it’s not recorded," Usher explained to the newspaper. "And as long as Michael is open to it, hey, anything goes.”

“I’ve been diligently working on creating a masterpiece," he said of the project. "It’s going to be out first or maybe the second quarter. I see the second quarter of next year. And there will be a video and single out at the top of the year. … I think [Atlanta producer] Polow Da Don is going to have the first one. I think that’s going to be the single 'Love In The Club.'”

Last edited:
Re: Usher wants to feasture Michael and T-Pain

'feature' michael jackson probably means SAMPLE one of Mikes songs..

'feature' michael jackson probably means SAMPLE one of Mikes songs..
Could be. He does add "As long as Michael is open to it". That is what made me wonder if it is more than sample but I suppose Michael controls how people can sample his music as well?

Dang. I can't 'fix' the title. "Be carefull how you spell".

I don't see a news thread yet. Maybe a mod can move this into it once we get one. I can't resist the opportunity to get WBSS wound up. :p

“It’s been created, but it’s not recorded," Usher explained to the newspaper. "And as long as Michael is open to it, hey, anything goes.”

“I’ve been diligently working on creating a masterpiece," he said of the project. "It’s going to be out first or maybe the second quarter. I see the second quarter of next year. And there will be a video and single out at the top of the year. … I think [Atlanta producer] Polow Da Don is going to have the first one. I think that’s going to be the single 'Love In The Club.'”

:lol: for winding up WBSS part! Put really this will be interesting. Who said peeps don't wanna work with the King?!:cool:

Well, if it's a sample and it goes cha-CHING! ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$), I'm sure that MJ would be very open to it! LOL

MJ is getting like JB now, except that MJ will be getting PAID for samples of his work...

well if he's trying to get Michael on his album.. He's just another in the line..

I could only see Mike do a spot in a song with him, if Usher agrees to do something for/with Michael.. Right now Michael is focusing on HIS COMEBACK.. Not other peoples music.

Why would he help the compitition?? U know??

Could be. He does add "As long as Michael is open to it". That is what made me wonder if it is more than sample but I suppose Michael controls how people can sample his music as well?

yes, Michael does.. I remember reading that Teddy Riley was the 1st ever to have an approval to use one of Michael's song as a sample..

It was Human Nature for RIGHT HERE ..by SWV...
(and Michael didn't even write or produce that song).. but I think he is down as Excecutive Producer on the album..

ummm?? I might be wrong though.. need to run and get my Thriller booklet...

Last edited:
Well, if it's a sample and it goes cha-CHING! ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$), I'm sure that MJ would be very open to it! LOL

MJ is getting like JB now, except that MJ will be getting PAID for samples of his work...

If that's the case, then Michael is on his way to becoming the most sampled solo artist after James Brown (that is if he isn't already).

Well, I already got mad when this was posted a few days ago in the news thread, lol. I don't think Michael is actually going to record with Usher, not for his album, like KOPV said. It'll probably be a sample. Usher thinks he's creating a masterpiece? Does he even write music? He isn't a good enough singer to create a masterpiece, lol.

well if he's trying to get Michael on his album.. He's just another in the line..

I could only see Mike do a spot in a song with him, if Usher agrees to do something for/with Michael.. Right now Michael is focusing on HIS COMEBACK.. Not other peoples music.

Why would he help the compitition?? U know??
I wouldn't see it as competition as it would be a monster, murderous collaboration. Collaborations seems all the rage these days. It's would be kinda kwel, I think.....

The way I see it, Michael is not gonna rule '08 with his new album alone. He is gonna rule it with other people's albums too. And with other people's tributes a la Mary J Blige's video for Just Fine.

IMO, releasing a new album and having everybody either sample you, colab with you are pay tribute to you only helps you. It does not hurt. It helps you to BE EVERYWHERE! And that is the desired affect.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with Michael colabing in addition to releasing his new album.

The way I see it, Michael is not gonna rule '08 with his new album alone. He is gonna rule it with other people's albums too. And with other people's tributes a la Mary J Blige's video for Just Fine.

IMO, releasing a new album and having everybody either sample you, colab with you are pay tribute to you only helps you. It does not hurt. It helps you to BE EVERYWHERE! And that is the desired affect.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with Michael colabing in addition to releasing his new album.

I agree. :)

I agree. One has to be everywhere nowadays..... And he gets to do it without being overexposed....

as they use to say .. RIGHT ON WITH THE RIGHT ON...

i can just image how many collabo offers and sampling proposals are being sent to MJ these days...

I wonder if that is why Rihanna was with MJ in Japan that time.. to see if she could use the WBSS sample ???

and then u have the samples that Kanye did with GOLDDIGGER...from his Mijac publishing...

oh I heard ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT this morning with one of their hits.. and it just dawned on me that they used a Sly Stone sample.. which MJ had to give approval on since he owns all of Sly's music....

Last edited:

http://blogs.sohh.com/soul/2007/12/ushers_new_musi.html
Usher's New Music To Feature Michael Jackson, Plus... Raz B's Brother Stands By Allegations Against Chris Stokes

Posted on December 28, 2007 9:08 AM

So Usher is doing a lot of press with his hometown paper the Atlanta-Journal Constitution.
The paper is reporting that Usher will be dropping a single featuring Michael Jackson and T-Pain.

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!! :D

I hope that this is true. This would be amazing if it is true.

Y'all can say whatever you want but MJ better think about this and say "yes". :)

It just may be on Ush's album. Plus, if it is a sample, Michael can just sing the hook and Ush and T-Pain can go at it while Mike chills in the background getting his paper.

Michael respects Usher and there is no competition. business is business. i would expect a new track.

Samples are cleared much like movies are made in Hollywood. songs get ran directly by the artist and the overall content and then the paper work with the main Artist and Lawyers. most Artists have Clearence based Lawyers who get things cleared and then it becomes about the paper work.

Kayne didn't want to do the PYT sample that was the Def Jam Brass pushing that one.

Rhianna had that cleared quite a while ago.

Michael Jackson either as a Songwriter on his Projects or owning his share of ATv/Sony where he gets a Helluva cut. so he made a strong cut.

2008 is going to be so live and we only have a few more days to go before it's here.

Last edited:
Michael respects Usher and there is no competition. business is business. i would expect a new track.

Samples are cleared much like movies are made in Hollywood. songs get ran directly by the artist and the overall content and then the paper work with the main Artist and Lawyers. most Artists have Clearence based Lawyers who get things cleared and then it becomes about the paper work.

Kayne didn't want to do the PYT sample that was the Def Jam Brass pushing that one.

Michael Jackson either as a Songwriter on his Projects or owning his share of ATv/Sony where he gets a Helluva cut. so he made a strong cut.

I wonder if PYT (the album version) is in the Sony/ATV thing (sorry, when I browsed it a year ago, I didn't look for it like that).

Mello - If Michael did something on USHERS album it WOULD be a compition.. People will buy Ushers album simply because Mikes on it.. That is where the compition would be..

Mike could raise Ushers sales by a large percentage.. Usher can sell a good amount on his own..

Ushers last album sold 1.1 million in its first week. The most EVER by an R&B artist. Now that album has sold 15 million worldwide. Was the best selling album of 2004.

Ever since Ushers FIRST album, his album sales go up with each album.. So he'll probably hit somewhere between 12-18 million for his next album.

NOW picture if Michael was on a track or two.. That would have no problem reaching into the 20 mill mark..

So as I see it, Usher is compition along with anyone that sells into the double digits..

Last edited:

Hey Maxx.. thanks for the info..

you know about a year or so.. rumour was that Michael and LA Reid were in talks.. some assumed it was about a label deal.. but looking at what Sony/ATV have been doing all 2007 with Def Jam artist.. I think it was about the publishing usage...

also.. about Akon.. Akon's music was under Famous Music.. and now Famous Music is now owned by Sony/ATV.. so Mike controls ALL of Akons songs.. so for every collabo (whether it sucked or not) he did this year .. Michael gets CHACHING..

Akon is nominated for 4 grammy's ..so if Mike performs.. he be repping in all areas...

How is Usher supposed to be dropping a single featuring MJ when it hasn't even been recorded yet? :huh:

I think this is just a rumour...-_-

Back