Elvis Presley

suspicious_mind

Proud Member
Who here besides me LOVES Elvis?
I pretty much worship the man even tho i was only 2 when he died.
He was AMAZING. :wub:

I love Elvis. I more of a pre-military fan though. I love his stuff from 1954-1958. Great stuff. I also enjoy some of his films. Again though, mostly his pre-military films like Love Me Tender and Jailhouse Rock.

I love Elvis. I more of a pre-military fan though. I love his stuff from 1954-1958. Great stuff. I also enjoy some of his films. Again though, mostly his pre-military films like Love Me Tender and Jailhouse Rock.

Those movies were AMAZING!!! I loved them and Blue Hawaii and GI Blues and sooo many more. He was really a much better actor than people thought.
Have u ever been to Graceland?

right here! :biggrin: i grew up on elvis, my dad is a huge huge fan. but i guess growing up around the same time it'd be hard not to like him...oh marci, did you check out the fan films submissions on elvis.com? i saw a fan introduce herself and you could comment on the vid...this was right around the 8th.

right here! :biggrin: i grew up on elvis, my dad is a huge huge fan. but i guess growing up around the same time it'd be hard not to like him...oh marci, did you check out the fan films submissions on elvis.com? i saw a fan introduce herself and you could comment on the vid...this was right around the 8th.

No ill check that out tho :) Thanks :)

oh i absolutely love elvis. i have so many of his cd's and i have 25 of his movies on dvd's and video cassettes. when i was a kid i was a HUGE fan now im not that huge anymore although i still love his music and his style. i grew up watching viva las vegas and fun in acapulco. i dunno how many times i've watched those movies. prob millions lol

I too love Elvis, I have a painting of him in my room:p
I love the songs heartbreak hotel and return to sender:p

I want the Elvis lamp that Joey had in his house in friends :lol: it looks cool

I love Elvis too:wub: was brought up on him as my mum is a huge fan. I have all his films on video , and concerts + every song he ever recorded i think lol.

it's really too bad that he didn't take better care of himself...back in the 60s, not much attn. was given to personal health, it's really a shame. if he had been like madonna, how she keeps in shape and such, i think he'd still be alive today....

Unfortunately I haven't been to Graceland. It's on my things to do though.

U really should go for sure. Ive been twice so far. My next stop of things to see is Tupelo where he was born.

it's really too bad that he didn't take better care of himself...back in the 60s, not much attn. was given to personal health, it's really a shame. if he had been like madonna, how she keeps in shape and such, i think he'd still be alive today....

I think he was just....sad. He kinda more or less gave up towards the end. I think its too bad he didnt have anyone around him at the time that cared enough to kinda lay down the law to him.
I mean they kept saying 'elvis wasnt the kinda person you could say go get urself help or that u could give help too...' but id have done it regardless of how he wouldve reacted.

U really should go for sure. Ive been twice so far. My next stop of things to see is Tupelo where he was born.

I think he was just....sad. He kinda more or less gave up towards the end. I think its too bad he didnt have anyone around him at the time that cared enough to kinda lay down the law to him.
I mean they kept saying 'elvis wasnt the kinda person you could say go get urself help or that u could give help too...' but id have done it regardless of how he wouldve reacted.

well, i know after gladys died, he was devastated, but also @ that time, physical fitness and nutrition weren't really big in hollywood like it is today...really sad...cuz i think if he had taken better care of himself or just got some professional help regarding his addictions, i think he'd still be here....

well, i know after gladys died, he was devastated, but also @ that time, physical fitness and nutrition weren't really big in hollywood like it is today...really sad...cuz i think if he had taken better care of himself or just got some professional help regarding his addictions, i think he'd still be here....

I know what u mean but really i dont think even eating right wouldve helped him live longer. :(

yeah i can get into hounddog and jailhouse rock's 'music video'. and teddybear too, i think thats whats it called. ohwell.. yeah:) omg and him and ann margaret in viva las vegas, classic movie i love watching whenever its on. im more a fan of his daughter. 'i saw elvis the other day and shes beautiful' who said that. good line.

I know what u mean but really i dont think even eating right wouldve helped him live longer. :(

yeah i agree :( it's sad, not just him, but other celebs of that era and all these 'quick fixes' the hollywood doctors had with all these pills...i'm glad today there's more awareness about addictions and just about every celeb has their own nutritionist and personal trainer :lol: i just wish elvis was still here...i think he'd be so proud of the legions of elvis fans and his career...believe it or not marci *waiting for you to spank my ass! :D* his albums still chart on billboard...esp. the gospel charts ;)

:eek:rder: One Elvis fan right here!
I got this obsession to him from my dad.. :p
But I really like his songs.. And someone mentioned If I can Dream, there is one brilliant song I tell you!

yeah i agree :( it's sad, not just him, but other celebs of that era and all these 'quick fixes' the hollywood doctors had with all these pills...i'm glad today there's more awareness about addictions and just about every celeb has their own nutritionist and personal trainer :lol: i just wish elvis was still here...i think he'd be so proud of the legions of elvis fans and his career...believe it or not marci *waiting for you to spank my ass! :D* his albums still chart on billboard...esp. the gospel charts ;)

Ya know whats sad? I heard that one of the last times he was in the hospital he asked a nurse 'Do you think ill be remembered?'
Of course she reassured him. Can u believe that tho? I mean here was a man who will NEVER be forgotten and he had doubts. :(
That dosent suprise me at all about the charts :wub:

i love all the money mj makes off him lol

Yeah. Whatever.

Ya know whats sad? I heard that one of the last times he was in the hospital he asked a nurse 'Do you think ill be remembered?'
Of course she reassured him. Can u believe that tho? I mean here was a man who will NEVER be forgotten and he had doubts. :(
That dosent suprise me at all about the charts :wub:

Yeah. Whatever.

he said that? :( yeah the love songs album had about a good 6 month run on the billboard 200, and around xmas time, his albums are almost always on the gospel charts...dunno if it was for last year, but i remember the year before i saw 2 elvis gospel albums:D i think 1 was called peace in the valley or something like that...

he said that? :( yeah the love songs album had about a good 6 month run on the billboard 200, and around xmas time, his albums are almost always on the gospel charts...dunno if it was for last year, but i remember the year before i saw 2 elvis gospel albums:D i think 1 was called peace in the valley or something like that...

Yeah :(
Yes his gospel albums did SOOOO well and obviously still do. I dont keep up with the charts like u do but im glad its still on there :D
U should go to Graceland and see his trophy room. Omg there are just walls and walls of records - all the gold and platinum colors are blinding :wub:

Elvis was cool for what he stood for in the basis of rock & roll: rebellion, freedom, sex appeal and youth.

Sadly Hollywood and the excesses of fame got the best of him at the end. RIP.

Elvis was cool for what he stood for in the basis of rock & roll: rebellion, freedom, sex appeal and youth.

Sadly Hollywood and the excesses of fame got the best of him at the end. RIP.

yeah it wasn't just him, i think with the 60s and psychadellic faze, drugs just were so much cooler and 'quick fixes' just seemed to be the thing back then. that's why i'm glad today there's more awareness on the dangers of overdoing it....great point!;)

oh marci, here's what i was talking about on elvis's site: [URL="http://www.elvis.com/news/full_story.asp?id=1363[/URL]"]link[/URL]
a lucky fan gets to have their pic and profile posted on their homepage...i thought it was vids like youtube :p dunno how often they put up a new pic, but @ least you'll have your pic next to elvis :D and on their homepage...

*here's the link again: http://www.elvis.com/news/full_story.asp?id=1363 *

Last edited:
yeah it wasn't just him, i think with the 60s and psychadellic faze, drugs just were so much cooler and 'quick fixes' just seemed to be the thing back then. that's why i'm glad today there's more awareness on the dangers of overdoing it....great point!;)

oh marci, here's what i was talking about on elvis's site: [URL="http://www.elvis.com/news/full_story.asp?id=1363[/URL]"]link[/URL]
a lucky fan gets to have their pic and profile posted on their homepage...i thought it was vids like youtube :p dunno how often they put up a new pic, but @ least you'll have your pic next to elvis :D and on their homepage...

*here's the link again: http://www.elvis.com/news/full_story.asp?id=1363 *

Thats just the insiders fan spotlight. If you are a member of the insiders fans then u get picked at random to share ur story. Thats all that is. A few got picked around his bday to go with Priscilla to the barns and hear some of her stories about him and get their pics taken and stuff.
Its nothing you win. Its just a matter of luck.

^^yeah, that's what i read...didn't really read all the rules but something about fans winning a trip to graceland or something like that....

Heres some pics i took while visiting Graceland for the second time last year :wub:

girls2078.jpg

^^^That was the pool outside the hotel i stayed at - how cool is that?!

girls2073.jpg

^^Graceland at night ^_^

girls2077.jpg

^^Right outside the Gates of Graceland :wub:

girls2076.jpg

^^Had to take a pic of that :)

girls2072.jpg

girls2070.jpg

^^Taken the morning i left...

Back