Was "Got The Hots" ever leaked online?

tdude418

Proud Member
Does anyone know if "Got The Hots" was ever leaked online before? I'm not looking to download it for free but just to listen to it, if possible. I've already pre-ordered the Japanese release of Thriller 25, so I'm paying for it anyways.

I have some strange kind of feeling that the song 'Got the hots' that will be released on the Japanese Thriller 25 edition may in fact appear to be exactly the song we've known as 'Hot street' for some time now (which has only been leaked in poor quality). As we all know, they both came from the thriller sessions, and I can imagine the title to be compatible with the song. Or maybe it's a bit like 'Chicago 1945' is said to be the early version of 'Smooth criminal' and 'Starlight' for Thriller. Maybe Mike changed this song a bit, too.

Nevertheless I would be thrilled if this suspicion of mine would turn out to be true, which will mean we can enjoy 'Hot street / Got the hots' in good quality! Just hoping 'Niteline' will be next someday ;-)

Any thoughts on this?

Last edited:
I just don't understand why us fans have not had the chance to hear STARLIGHT..

i don't see how Hot Street could be alternately titled Got The Hots?? i think it's a different song.. kind of a racey title for a 1982 Michael tune. don't you think. that's providing of course it's not recorded in a totally other random year.

i don't see how Hot Street could be alternately titled Got The Hots?? i think it's a different song.. kind of a racey title for a 1982 Michael tune. don't you think. that's providing of course it's not recorded in a totally other random year.

i thnk the MJJComunity should do something about at least about the "got the hots" song
just to make it NOT to be leaked here by any means like "i got the song any one who wants PM me" 100% removal of all the leakers

i am keeping for surprise all the songs on the T25 and also the T25 Japan version and i hope people will at least save for them 1-2 surprise songs on the T25

I have some strange kind of feeling that the song 'Got the hots' that will be released on the Japanese Thriller 25 edition may in fact appear to be exactly the song we've known as 'Hot street' for some time now (which has only been leaked in poor quality).

Nope, they are two completely different tracks, both intended for THRILLER:

• Got The Hots (1982) (Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones)
    Michael Jackson
    Outtake of the album THRILLER (1982)
    • (digitally remastered, _:__) "Thriller - Special Edition"
      (Album Re-release Test Pressing #1, Acetate CD, 2000)
    • (digitally remastered, _:__) "Thriller - 25th Anniversary Edition" (Japanese version)
      (Album Re-release, CD, 20.02.2008 Japan only)
    Source: Michael Jackson's court disposition in Mexico in November 1993

• Hot Street (1982) (Rod Temperton)
    Michael Jackson
    Outtake of the album THRILLER (1982)
    (3:43) LEAKED (on July 7th, 2002)
    Source: Michael Jackson's court disposition in Mexico in November 1993

Wanna hear a snippet in close-to-CD-quality of "Hot Street"?

Last edited:
how do you go about buying the japanese release of the album? Will itunes be releasing the song?

"Got The Hots" is also included on several national editions of the latest Michael Jackson collection by Sony Music titled "KING OF POP".

E.g. on the German Edition, on the Australian Edition and on the French Edition.

Back