Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,765 Times in 754 Posts

Default Re: Madonna Appreciation thread - For fans

Quote Originally Posted by Tony R View Post
    Problem with Rebel Heart is that it suffered from poor quality control. It could have been an amazing 11 track album, her best for years. But some of teh best songs (notably the title track) were only on the deluxe versions.

Also, like MDNA, poor choice of lead Madonna-by-numbers singles. She should have led with a ballad. Ghosttown is her best single in years and best ballad since Take A Bow, but it did nothing. Then ****ing releasing 'Bitch I'm Madonna'? Jesus.

But some fantastic songs on there. I'd encourage anyone to stream Rebel Heart, Ghosttown, Devil Pray for starters.

The Tour is out in September I believe, massively late and if it's like the one that was on Showtime, then unfortunately again it's very over-edited. Looks like it was an amazing show though with lots of extras. She performed one very special different track each night, including Take A Bow, the only time she's sung it on tour so I hope that's included. Also hopefully the full 'Tears Of A Clown' show.
    I really like the MDNA album, actually that along with Hard Candy are my 2 favourites from Music onwards. You make a great point about Rebel Heart; there's a great 11 track album in there! And I can't understand why one of its best tracks 'Rebel Heart isint on the standard album of it's namesake?

There's a few reasons to it I think, there's a need to stay relevant and put more of what appeals to a younger audience and there's also a need to give the long term core fanbase a few great reasons to buy the super deluxe. At the end of the day the tracks can be bought online via streaming so track sequencing on a modern pop album isn't as important today as it once was. Her fans will buy everything, the casuals pick and choose.

Again, with the live DVD's she's staying relevant with all the over-editing, but there's really no need as her concerts are among the best out there and can stand on their own without all the added hype graphics and edits. She should scale that back a lot. Perhaps she wants the DVD to be it's oen thing, it's own statement, seperate from the tour but it's very distracting. I don't the dvd of MDNA does justice to how great the live show was. But again, there's always YouTube for that and she puts her heart into every project she does.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 471
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,268 Times in 1,140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aazzaabb View Post
    There's a few reasons to it I think, there's a need to stay relevant and put more of what appeals to a younger audience and there's also a need to give the long term core fanbase a few great reasons to buy the super deluxe. At the end of the day the tracks can be bought online via streaming so track sequencing on a modern pop album isn't as important today as it once was. Her fans will buy everything, the casuals pick and choose.
    The issue is the reviews, Madonna has a lot of casual fans who will buy if they hear it's a great album (e.g. Ray of Light got amazing reviews & led to big sales), if RH would have got better reviews (it got good ones but not great) based on a great 11 track album then it would have led to better sales.

But I maintain that similar to YRMW for Invincible, if the lead single would have been better it would have made all the difference. Also you can't fall off stage to a ballad!
    I CAN'T TAKE IT 'COS I'M TONY

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 276
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,765 Times in 754 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tony R View Post
    The issue is the reviews, Madonna has a lot of casual fans who will buy if they hear it's a great album (e.g. Ray of Light got amazing reviews & led to big sales), if RH would have got better reviews (it got good ones but not great) based on a great 11 track album then it would have led to better sales.

But I maintain that similar to YRMW for Invincible, if the lead single would have been better it would have made all the difference. Also you can't fall off stage to a ballad!
    Was Rebel Heart her Invincible? The same thought crossed my mind about the lead single. The whole ageism thing happened also and yes, falling off the stage and her meltdown moment made everything a bit "out there". I look forward to watching the DVD though. You have to give it to her, Album, Tour, DVD! Every time!