Odeon Screening Enhanced Thriller for FREE this week!!!!

ahmadnat

Proud Member
01.02.2008 : Odeon to screen exclusive Thriller video
We're delighted to announce that Odeon cinemas are showing the enhanced version of the full length Thriller short film for FREE at selected screens as a major UK first on the Friday and Saturday before release (8th & 9th February)

The exclusive screenings will be held at Odeon cinemas in the following places. Please contact your local Odeon for more information.

Covent Garden - 8th & 9th Feb
Hatfield - 8th & 9th Feb
Kingston - 8th & 9th Feb
Leicester - 8th & 9th Feb
Manchester - 8th & 9th Feb
Southampton - 8th & 9th Feb
Guildford - 9th Feb only

http://de.click2music.co.uk/bmgacts/mjthriller/

Last edited:
Wow!
I live near Guildford!

What do they mean by enhanced??

Last edited:
I saw this on the official site. Really g8! Hope peeps turn up to see it. Its not showing in my city but hey will be traveling to some of them places to see it. I am not going to Manchester tho'

That is such a good idea!!! Wish I could get to one of those cinemas

How cool, I could pop along to Covent Garden.

Isnt it great to see some great promotion for Michael, its been a long time coming.

Probably its means a HD quality of the original one. Technically speaking the visual, sound etc is been upgraded using current technology that wasn't around back in the 80s.

But T25 doesnt have a HD version of Thriller plus its still in PCM stereo so how did this theater get a HD copy of Thriller? Even on the DVDs its pixelated as all...heck! :lol:

I am surprised that two biggest UK cities, London and Birmingham, don't get the screening.

I am surprised that two biggest UK cities, London and Birmingham, don't get the screening.

But Convent Garden is in London. lol.

Btw, I think this will be a enhanced digital screening of the film as opposed to the normal projection you get. Most of the cinemas are Digital Cinemas.

LOL, my bad! I didn't know! :lol: I am not from London.

Ah that's ok! :lol:

Btw, I just rang the Odeon in Convent Grden and they said it might be happening but is not 100% confirmed yet. They said to phone back later in the week. Hopefully all these cinemas should be fully aware of it. :smile:

I went to the one in Covent Garden on Saturday and they seemed not to have any idea. At the end, one of the supervisors said yes but it is not confirmed and asked me to call on Monday because that is when they would be getting more info.

I just called and a woman told me it is happening but on the 8th and 9th of March!! I know it doesnt make sense and I told her, but she said there was a mistake on the website announcing the screening....If you check the website now it says:

We're delighted to announce that ODEON cinemas are showing the enhanced version of the full length Thriller short film for FREE at selected screens as a major UK first on the Friday and Saturday before release (8th & 9th February)at 11.30pm. (11.30pm???????)

The exclusive screenings will be held at ODEON cinemas in the following places. Tickets are available to pick up on a first-come first-served basis from the box office of your selected cinema from Wednesday 6th Feb.

Covent Garden - 8th & 9th Feb
Hatfield - 8th & 9th Feb
Kingston - 8th & 9th Feb
Leicester - 8th & 9th Feb
Manchester - 8th & 9th Feb
Southampton - 8th & 9th Feb
Guildford - 9th Feb only

Last edited:
^^ They are out already! I thought they won't be until Wednesday!

Will get mine 2morrow. :yes:

I managed to get 8 tickets in my hand today for the Covent Garden showing (did not ask for 8, it just happened that way!), 4 for Fri and 4 for Sat. One ticket is of course for me, I may go both nights. Showtime is at 2340 both nights. I have messaged some friends on facebook but don't want to have any go to waste...so any people I know personally on this forum private message me and I will see if I have any spare..first come first served..this is if you miss out on getting them yourself for one reason or another.

Last edited:
I may go tomorrow to get more tickets.

At current, I have a pair for Friday & a pair for Saturday :)

I managed to get 8 tickets in my hand today for the Covent Garden showing (did not ask for 8, it just happened that way!), 4 for Fri and 4 for Sat. One ticket is of course for me, I may go both nights. Showtime is at 2340 both nights. I have messaged some friends on facebook but don't want to have any go to waste...so any people I know personally on this forum private message me and I will see if I have any spare..first come first served..this is if you miss out on getting them yourself for one reason or another.

I might have to PM you Miss PYT for some tickets. I need to find out first how many peeps will be coming with me and on which day. If I can't get them then I will PM you later 2morrow.

I dont know if I'm going yet, but does anyone know if and how you can book it online? I can't seem to find anything about it on ODEON site. If it makes a difference; I'm looking for Manchester tickets.

Last edited:
Back