Queen

SmoothieCrimnal

Proud Member
Well the previous threads have all died and been archived, so I had to make a new one. Here we discuss only about Queen's music and things somewhat related to that. But I don't want to hear anything related to Mercury's drug using or whether he was a gay or not or any crap like that. It's like the same thing as talking BS 'bout Jackson' skin or the child molestation accusations. I'm pretty sure many of you wouldn't start that crap even if I hadn't mention it, but we're just humans and we aren't always thinking so brightly. :D

Here's a short bio:
Queen is an English rock band formed in 1970. The members of the band were Freddie Mercury (vocals), Brian May (guitar), John Deacon (bass) and Roger Taylor (drums).
The band is famous for their energetic live performances. It's also interesting that every one of them wrote songs and every one of them have wrote multiple hit songs.

Nowadays, well, Freddie has passed away and John has left publicity. Brian and Roger form Queen+ with Paul Rodgers and they are releasing a new album. There's a freely downloadable single called Say It's Not True, you can download it here.

And BTW Wikipedia has an interesting fact about a certain Queen album: Michael Jackson was a friend of Mercury's in the early 1980s and cited the Hot Space album as a driving influence behind the making of his 1982 album Thriller on which Mercury was originally scheduled to appear.

Woooooooo Queen are my faveourite band i love most of there music some songs are rather bad :lol: but Freddie is one of the most oringal and Unique singers there ever was with one of the best voices and not forgeting his amazing live voice i think his voice sounds better than it does on the studio recording

I love Queen. ^_^ I have most of their studio albums, their 70s cds are my favs.

Here are some of my favorite Queen albums:

Sheer Heart Attack
A Day At The Races
A Night At The Opera
News Of The World
The Game
Hot Space

The one album I don't particularly care for is Innuendo. It's a bit overrated, IMO.

Last edited:
Queen in my personal opinion is the greatest band outside of the United States. Freddie was such a brilliant singer and song writer...IMO the true King Of Rock N Roll. No disrespect towards Elvis, he was good, but he didn't write his own material like Freddie did.

I love all their music. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be "Let Me Live" or "Who Wants To Live Forever"

I completely loooooooove Queen! And Freddie was one of those people that should be immortal. If one day time traveling would be possible, I'd go back in time to be able to see them live!

^ My "Mum" saw them live in 1984 during The Works tour at the Birmingham NEC

I have lots of love for this band. Queen was definitely a magnificient classic rock band and Freddie was one of a kind with his outstanding voice. Respect!

That's cool. Queen and Freddie are fantastic.

Anyone like their song You Take My Breath Away?

(Odd that there's no mention of Bohemian Rhapsody in this thread... well, now there is. :p)

That's cool. Queen and Freddie are fantastic.

Anyone like their song You Take My Breath Away?

(Odd that there's no mention of Bohemian Rhapsody in this thread... well, now there is. :p)

I didn't like You Take Me Breath Away when i first herd it but now i love it :cool:

I love Queen. Since I've heard Living On My Own in early 90's. Freddie was one of the most talented singers ever.

^ I love Living On My Own such a great song i have 3 versions of it :lol:

Woooooooo Queen are my faveourite band i love most of there music some songs are rather bad :lol: but Freddie is one of the most oringal and Unique singers there ever was with one of the best voices and not forgeting his amazing live voice i think his voice sounds better than it does on the studio recording

You said it!!!!

Queen is the best rock band in the world and Freddie Mercury has (I just can't write that "had") a very special voice if not the most special... He's amazing and a great talented man. His aura was incredible and unique and his live performances... OMG! It can take my breath away everytime I watch their concerts.

queen is a great band
we will rock you is such a classic if freddie mercury was alive today i bet he would have been makin more great songs like that

I've been playing Queen a lot lately. :) There's honestly no Queen song that I don't like.

I looove queen as well , I have been listening to them all my life cause my mom is completly crazy about them especially Freddie, she is still in love with him. LoL
She still has the newspaper article about when he died in her wallet (I don't really know why though :p )
But since she cant see him live,she is now following on Michael as well (she has always liked him too)
But their music just never gets old, I mean who doesn't love to sing along to Bohemian Rhapsody? LoL
I love watching them perform, I wish I could go back in time to see them.

I cant wait to see Queen & Paul Rodgers in November in London :D they still put on amazing shows dispite Freddies passing it'll be a dream come true for me, it would be better if Freddie was there but its nice Brian and Roger are still going :D

Whoever denies the incredible talent of Freddie Mercury is ... pathetic.

He is one of the most incredible artists ever to hit planet Earth,and though I am not a fan, but planning to listen to their stuff - BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY IS THE MOST PERFECT SONG EVER WRITTEN! PERIOD!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wBA3uGWBYfg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We have a fully fledged Freddie tribute act on this board ;) May I introduce our very own kingofpop10!

I'm a big Queen fan and I was looking at the sales of their albums. I was very surprised to learn their only studio album which made it to Nr 1 in the US was "The Game" from 1980.

IMO they were the best band ever. How come they weren't so successful in the US?

I'm a big Queen fan and I was looking at the sales of their albums. I was very surprised to learn their only studio album which made it to Nr 1 in the US was "The Game" from 1980.

IMO they were the best band ever. How come they weren't so successful in the US?

This was kinda explained in documentary Days Of Our Lives I think. They kinda lost USA cuz of I Want To Break Free video. They became worldwide but lost USA.
TNA come here and clear up lol :)

Back