Red Hot Chili Peppers

One of the best 'current' bands around today, along with The Foo Fighters, NIN, and The Smashing Pumpkins.

Chili's rule, but they're much more a singles band than albums.

Top 5:
Under The Bridge (obviously)
Californication
Dani California
Give It Away
Zephyr Song

I love the Zephyr Song. Their last album I didn't like too much. All the tracks sounded too much alike. But generally, I think they're an awesome band. I saw them live, but I wasn't able to enjoy myself because the crowd was so wild and they wouldn't sit down. I don't do well with standing for long periods, lol. Unless it was Michael. I could stand for ten hours to see him live, lol.

I'm a casual fan, but I do think they're talented and "Under The Bridge" is one of my fave songs of all time.

One of the best 'current' bands around today, along with The Foo Fighters, NIN, and The Smashing Pumpkins.

Wow, all of these are among my favourite bands :punk:
Amazing live bands.

Great live band, saw them live twice. Stadium Arcadium is a good album, but a little too long. I love the characteristic RHCP sound.

I LOVE them! :wub: Best concerts ever (so far!). I even saw them in Hyde Park and James Brown Opened for them, that was ACE! :D Front row!

Fav songs... lets see.

Aeroplane
Scar Tissue
This Velvet Glove
My Friends
If
Dani California
Lovely Man
Can't Stop
By The Way
Venice Queen
Road Trippin'
Throw Away Your Television

To name a few :lol: definitely one of my favourite bands of all time.

New album

Red Hot Chili Peppers -- 2010 New Album Preview
Mar 12th 2010 6:00AM
by Sara D Anderson

Since the release of 2006's 'Stadium Arcadium,' we haven't heard much about the new Red Hot Chili Peppers 2010 album. RHCP took a break shortly after their Stadium Arcadium tour to pursue solo endeavors: bassist Flea collaborated with Thom Yorke and drummer Chad Smith joined the supergroup Chickenfoot (Sammy Hagar, Joe Satriani). Now with confirmation that Josh Klinghoffer is Red Hot Chili Pepper's new guitarist (replacing John Frusciante who left amicably in December to pursue solo efforts), the band has been fervently working on their 10th studio album, coming out later in 2010, possibly October.

According to 'Clash' magazine, there's speculation a Radiohead electro-back beat might make it on the new 2010 album, with Flea having recently played with Thom Yorke's solo band. No word yet, but Smith confirmed there are some piano-driven melodies on the album.

Smith also mentioned that the recent guitar enlistee will bring a new sound and direction to the band and their forthcoming release: "It's gonna change because we've got a new guy in the group, and he's very talented, very musical," Smith tells blog site Grammy.com. "It's fresh, it's fun, everyone is in a good mood, everyone is coming up with lots of good ideas, and I just look forward to what the future is gonna bring." With such diverse musicality coming out of this foursome, it will be exciting to see if they will bring back some of their raw funk ('Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik') stick with the alternative anthem rock ('Californication' and 'Stadium Arcadium') or jump into new territory.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers performed with Josh Klinghoffer for the first time on Jan. 29 at the MusicCares Person of the Year dinner honoring Neil Young.

http://www.aolradioblog.com/2010/03/12/red-hot-chili-peppers-2010-new-album/

oh yeah I like them

Give It Away
Under the Bridge
Otherside
Can't Stop
Californication

Re: New album

Red Hot Chili Peppers -- 2010 New Album Preview
Mar 12th 2010 6:00AM
by Sara D Anderson

Since the release of 2006's 'Stadium Arcadium,' we haven't heard much about the new Red Hot Chili Peppers 2010 album. RHCP took a break shortly after their Stadium Arcadium tour to pursue solo endeavors: bassist Flea collaborated with Thom Yorke and drummer Chad Smith joined the supergroup Chickenfoot (Sammy Hagar, Joe Satriani). Now with confirmation that Josh Klinghoffer is Red Hot Chili Pepper's new guitarist (replacing John Frusciante who left amicably in December to pursue solo efforts), the band has been fervently working on their 10th studio album, coming out later in 2010, possibly October.

According to 'Clash' magazine, there's speculation a Radiohead electro-back beat might make it on the new 2010 album, with Flea having recently played with Thom Yorke's solo band. No word yet, but Smith confirmed there are some piano-driven melodies on the album.

Smith also mentioned that the recent guitar enlistee will bring a new sound and direction to the band and their forthcoming release: "It's gonna change because we've got a new guy in the group, and he's very talented, very musical," Smith tells blog site Grammy.com. "It's fresh, it's fun, everyone is in a good mood, everyone is coming up with lots of good ideas, and I just look forward to what the future is gonna bring." With such diverse musicality coming out of this foursome, it will be exciting to see if they will bring back some of their raw funk ('Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik') stick with the alternative anthem rock ('Californication' and 'Stadium Arcadium') or jump into new territory.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers performed with Josh Klinghoffer for the first time on Jan. 29 at the MusicCares Person of the Year dinner honoring Neil Young.

http://www.aolradioblog.com/2010/03/12/red-hot-chili-peppers-2010-new-album/

Cheers DD.

RHCP have made some really classic records in their time & are a great live band although they disappointed slightly when I saw them in 2008.

I hope the new album takes them in a slightly different direction. Stadium Arcadium was good but should have a single disc.

Love the Chili Peppers! Although I'm a bit saddened by their brilliant guitarist John Frusciante's departure from the band. He was always my favorite.

Does anyone know anything about the new album to be released in 2011.

Now Frusciante's gone, do you think it will be anything to get excited about?

the Chili Peppers are awesome! I've always loved them...It'd be fantastic to see them live....:wild:

EDIT: seems like I've already posted about them, 4 posts up! :lol: ah well...

RHCP appreciation thread

Guess i didn't look well enough. Turns out there is a Red Hot Chili Peppers appreciation thread after all :D Many thanks to ginvid for the heads up. schizophrenic (nice name btw; some would probably diagnose me with that and a few other mental conditions, but who cares, right?) and Bella92 should still like this one ;)

Ever since i was a kid back in the 90s i enjoyed their music. I've been rockin' to the tunes of Airplane, Give it away, Under the bridge and i haven't stopped till two/three days ago when i saw the Looking around vid which had just premiered on Utube.

They simply are awesome - funny, artsy vids, smart lyrics, boundless energy and kick arse guitar riffs. I looove their raw honesty in approaching all kinda themes, from the comical to the tragic.

They seem to have a thing for the whole Hollywood-dream idea cause that's smth that comes up in more than one song. It's obvious they are a California act and their understanding of the scene and life there is beyond reproach.

I've also loved how they've used common folk in so many of their vids and how close they've always been to people, not merely their concert audience, but people in general. I think that's so, sooo cool.

They are what i like to call my kind of 'alive people' - folks not afraid to speak, in this case rock, their mind, have fun and live life to the fullest. I've always meant to see them live, but hopefully time isn't wasted.

In all their varyin' lineups they've always rocked.

Anthony, Flea, Chad, Josh and all the other awesome guys who helped make such kick arse music *military salute*

Keep rockin' guys :punk:

O/T Just saw Dangerous Incorporated's siggy once more and couldn't help but laugh at it. To whom do i report Michael stealin' my moves there shakin' his skinny behind and hands like that? He wasn't even doin' it right lol. Guess suing the Estate is out of the option considerin' examples these days cause people might end up callin' me what i are....cwazy :p

Last edited:
Yeah baby!! :punk:
[youtube]RtBbinpK5XI&feature=related[/youtube]
gee, this guy Anthony never gets old!!
OMG, Scar tissue bring me so many bittersweet memories, Aeroplane it's awesome, well most of their songs are :D
And yes I miss John Frusciante :(

Yay finally a thread made about one of my favourite bands! :wild:
i saw them live twice and im going to see them again this summer! can't wait! :punk:

John Frusciante interview

Here's a 2008 interview by John Frusciante. It's pretty interesting

Back