What genre(s) of music do you listen to besides Michael?

So, what kind of music do you listen to besides Michael? Pop? Heavy Metal? Rap?

I listen to a lot of progressive, classic, and alternative rock, along with some Pop and R&B(mostly classic R&B, like Stevie Wonder and James Brown.)

I don't listen any of Michael's solo career's main genres. :D I mostly listen to rock. Blues rock is my favorite subgenre. Reggae is also cool.

~Bump~

I've been listening to music all of my life, of course, which happens to be quite a long time, to date. (LOL)

As a result, I have an extremely broad, eclectic taste.....I love all kinds of music.

Let's make this a thread where we can share our loves, past and present.

So I enjoy a lot of eighties music; BUT my other loves are classical instrumental music, soul, R & B, heavy metal, Pop, K-Pop, contemporary rock, alternative rock, reggae, and grunge.

I consider Michael Jackson to be a genre, all on his own and his genre is number one for me, followed by all of the others.

Some of my favourite artists other than Michael are (in no particular order):

Madonna, Britney, Kylie, Shakira, Janelle Monae, Sade, Bruno Mars, Jason Derulo, Usher and Justin Timberlake, Stevie Wonder.

My favourite groups/bands (in no special order) are:

Metallica, Megadeth, Tool, The Goo Goo Dolls, The Eagles, Live, Bush, Matchbox 20, Genesis/Phil Collins, The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Korn, Disturbed, Pearl Jam, Dire Straits, Hunters and Collectors, AC/DC, Slayer, Iron Maiden

For me, it's a mix of industrial rock (Rammstein), rock (Metallica), synth (Depeche Mode) and indie (Muse), pop (Hurts). I have seen all the bands in concert and they are all special in their own unique way. Depeche Mode pour their hearts out, Rammstein offers quite a show, Hurts touches strings...
I also enjoy the likes of Johnny Cash, David Bowie...

~Bump~

I've been listening to music all of my life, of course, which happens to be quite a long time, to date. (LOL)

As a result, I have an extremely broad, eclectic taste.....I love all kinds of music.

Let's make this a thread where we can share our loves, past and present.

So I enjoy a lot of eighties music; BUT my other loves are classical instrumental music, soul, R & B, heavy metal, Pop, K-Pop, contemporary rock, alternative rock, reggae, and grunge.

I consider Michael Jackson to be a genre, all on his own and his genre is number one for me, followed by all of the others.

Some of my favourite artists other than Michael are (in no particular order):

Madonna, Britney, Kylie, Shakira, Janelle Monae, Sade, Bruno Mars, Jason Derulo, Usher and Justin Timberlake, Stevie Wonder.

My favourite groups/bands (in no special order) are:

Metallica, Megadeth, Tool, The Goo Goo Dolls, The Eagles, Live, Bush, Matchbox 20, Genesis/Phil Collins, The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Korn, Disturbed, Pearl Jam, Dire Straits, Hunters and Collectors, AC/DC, Slayer, Iron Maiden

you-did-it-gif-14.gif

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE :cool:

Mikky Dee;4220104 said:
~Bump~

yes. Because you're a 100 yr old druid... :p

For me it's R&B, jazz, classical, some fusion (think about david garret, Apocalyptica and 2cellos) and "folk" (Irish reels,jigs; Scottish strathspey; flamenco; gipsy music; klezmer; Greek music; Japanese -- mostly taiko and kokyu... If you want to know exactly how all of this gets played inside my mind search for Yo yo ma & The Silk Road Ensemble)
I also like choir and Gregorian chant - like stuff (some works by Anúna: Victimae, August, Media vita)

Well because of how bad my depression has been from over what happen to him. I can only handle listening to Michael only 2 days out of the year. And both days are in the same season.:( For the rest of the year I am either listening to video game related music, medieval, medieval rock, Irish, classical/instrumental/soundscapes, Bollywood, Christian, and some 80s music. But out of them I am mostly listening to my Christian music, Bollywood music, and video game related music. Some of my favorite singers from those type of music I like are:

Shreya Ghoshal
A.R. Rahman
Sonu Nigam
Lata Mangeshkar
Udit Narayan
Shubha Mudgal
Alka Yagnik
Asha Bhosle
Sukhwinder Singh

Along with countless of other Indian singers. I do tend to listen to a lot of Indian/Bollywood music through out the year. The other singers I like are various Christian singers. But Paul Wilbur is the very best Christian singer there is. He truly knows how to worship God through his music. And to do songs about Israel. He is my number 1 favorite Christian singer. And Blackmore's Night is the only rock group that I will listen to anymore. Especially since their music is mostly medieval related. Which is what I really love about them. Since I do love Medieval music. Some of my favorite video game type music is from the following video games:

Zelda series-Midna's Lament is my most favorite Zelda music. As well as one of the most gorgeous video game music there is.
Mario series
Professor Layton series
Final Fantasy series
Dragon Quest series
Sims Medieval
Sims 4
Lost Sphear

Along with other certain types of video game music. Ever since what happen to Michael. I became heavily addicted/obsessed to video/computer games. After all they are the only thing that has help me cope with my depression. And as for instrumental music I mostly love to listen to the creepy pasta music. As I am listening to creepy pasta stories off of you tube.

I really enjoyed Pop, R&B, Rock and even J-Pop (mainly in anime). I love listening to Janet Jackson, The Beatles, Aerosmith, N*SYNC and rare occasions Queen. I love many J-Pop out of anime.

I really enjoyed Pop, R&B, Rock and even J-Pop (mainly in anime). I love listening to Janet Jackson, The Beatles, Aerosmith, N*SYNC and rare occasions Queen. I love many J-Pop out of anime.

Oh, another fan of Japanese music. :D Who do you listen to?

Grunge, rock, nu-metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually don't tend to listen to MJ as much as I used to... though that is no indication of any decrease of my love for his music. I just tend to go through phases.
I am also a very big fan of Madonna, and have been since 1986... however, her musical output since 2008 has been very questionable, bordering on desperate and tedious. Though I adore her 80s and 90s work.
I also have great love for artists like Massive Attack, Portishead, Prince, Pet Shop Boys, Marilyn Manson, Muse, Kylie, Fairuz, Tarkan, Rammstein, Marlene Dietrich, and many more. I am also rather fond of Chinese music such as ?? Han Hong, ??? Sa Dingding, traditional Chinese classical music, and Chinese opera.

Mozart
Vivaldi
Jimmy Hendrix
James Brown
Frank Zappa
Springsteen
RATM
Brel
NTM

Lived performed music only

Oh I'm a huge music enthusiastic so I listen to a little bit of everything honestly. But mainly hip hop, r&b and metal (mostly death metal & black metal). Also a big fan of 90's grunge rock music like Nirvana.

To give some examples as far as rap goes it's 2Pac, Nas, Jay Z, Wu-Tang Clan, Three 6 Mafia mostly.

Metal: Burzum, Bathory, Darkthrone, Mayhem, Dissection, Immortal, Sacramentum, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath

R&b: Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Erykah Badu, Sam Cooke, Prince, Lauryn Hill, Aaliyah, Jodeci, The Weeknd, Trey Songz, Chris Brown and R.Kelly (I understand if I'll get hate for this and I do think hes a horrible man who should go to jail but I try to not think about the person when listening to music, and btw yes I do believe Michael is innocent unlike Kelly for the record).

Grunge: Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in chains, Soundgarden, Stone temple pilots

Oh and of course some reagge as well like Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Jimmy Cliff

And occasionally classical music such as Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Vivaldi, Bach, Mozart and more.

Leonard Cohen * Elton John/Bernie Taupin * Chicago/Peter Cetera * Michael Jackson * Janet Jackson * Prince * Madonna * "Weird Al" Yankovic * The Beatles * The Rolling Stones * The Beach Boys * The Bee Gees * Blood, Sweat & Tears * Van Halen * The Police * Joy Division/New Order * WHAM!/George Michael * Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine * Hall & Oates * INXS

Lots of classic rock, especially the Who, the Rolling Stones, the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Ozzy Osbourne, Motley Crue, and Supertramp.

I listen to r&b rap hip hop music and a touch of pop

Im into all kinds (rock, rap, pop.etc) but recently Miley Cyrus believe it or not lol. Younger now is probably her best work in years.

I'll always listen to good ol' pop music, no matter how old I am ? It takes me back to happier times, when life was simpler and exciting.

I especially like my 90s & early 2ks (BSB, N*SYNC, Xtina, Britney, Destiny's Child, etc) Even though I'm really into New Kids since '15, they're THE original boy band, at least as we know them now and they really do have great music...

I also LOVE K-pop, it started back in '09, because of some video game and it continues til now. Back then though, it was almost like a guilty pleasure to most people (NOT ME), so it surprises me just how BIG it's gotten...Sometimes I miss the good old days when 'no one' knew about it. Anyways, my fav band is BIGBANG, they're OGs & THE real kings of the genre, don't @ me, lmao. Blackpink is also a newer fav, plus they're from the same record label, lol.

Reggaeton is also a BIG part of the soundtrack of my life... Daddy Yankee has always been a fav ('05) Also Nicky Jam, J- Balvin, Wisin & Yandel, Don Omar, etc.

Of course, Latin music in general has always been my thing. I've been listening to artists such as Luis Miguel (he dated Mariah, remember ?), Ricky Martin, Enrique Iglesias and even Shakira (her Spanish songs) before they made it internationally and still do. There's a bunch of other stuff I will jam to every day (Rap/R&B/Trap) but these are my main artists/genres tbh.

i like to listen to movie soundtracks, theater musicals and developing a taste for a bit of r & b and pop.

I listen to Classical A LOT - Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Debussy, Rachmaninoff, Schumann, etc. the list goes on. In fact apart from MJ I don't really listen to any pop music. I have Prince albums. That's about it.

Oh, another fan of Japanese music. :D Who do you listen to?

Oh man, I'm not sure, but I knew a very few like Nana Mizuki (whom also a VA of my favourite anime character Hinata Hyuga), J-Friends. You know V6? They're part of J-Friends and they did some opening and closing tracks for InuYusha.

Back