Lil wayne

I do not think so. He is more like the worst rapper alive. The best rappers alive are from the 80s. Like:

Run DMC
Newcleus
Whoudini
Kurtis Blow
Beastie Boys
Public Enemy
LL Cool J
Sugar Hill Gang
Along with others

They are to me are the best rappers alive not Lil Wayne. He is just like any other rapper of today. Horrible and have no talent what so ever.

he's a HORRIBLE role model :no:

but idk, i dont listen to rap but i've heard some of his stuff. His voice is rather annoying, but ppl do feel he's the best

I do not think so. He is more like the worst rapper alive. The best rappers alive are from the 80s. Like:

Run DMC
Newcleus
Whoudini
Kurtis Blow
Beastie Boys
Public Enemy
LL Cool J
Sugar Hill Gang
Along with others

They are to me are the best rappers alive not Lil Wayne. He is just like any other rapper of today. Horrible and have no talent what so ever.

Agree you pretty much summed up how I feel about lil wayne. All mainstream rappers for the most part anyway today suck and are just "gimmicks". If you want to hear some real hip hop/rap go throw in some 80's and 90's hip hop but you ain't hearing it off todays radio thats for sure.

I don't see why lil wayne is so popular, I've tried to like him. tried to give more attention to his lyrics and punch lines but he still a bore. I don't his flow too.
But I do like his hair though, mostly coz its almost identical to mine, just longer.

“I feel like the music that's going on today, especially in hip-hop, is almost circumstantial. It's all about business, rather than about some sort of emotional or spiritual quest. There's some that's good, but that falls in the category of an exception. We have to take care of the music. We can't just let it be circumstantial. It's a great and mighty thing, and it really is healthy because of all the great musicians who came before us — so we gotta remember that and hold to it.” - Q-Tip, 2008

I agree with most of you here, and I still own and listen to 3 Lil Wayne CD's.

Rebirth, tracks 1-8, are off the hook IMO, give or take a few hooks. Lol. :)

popula33.jpg

Hes a waste of space.
His fans are a joke to have a debate with. Bring up his lyrics and stuff to em and they reply yeah but Wayne makes money! So what! They go on about his sales like hes the GOAT! He makes a song a day or somethin, maybe more, but the important thing is QUALITY not QUANTITY! His fans bangin on about his work rate. I could stand in a booth all day and talk shit.

Hes contributing to the death of the greatest and most genius genre there is, Hip Hop!
Lil Wayne has the worst lyrics in hip hop. Soo many artists shit on him lyrically. I actually rate him on "Tha Mobb" and his verse on My Generation by Nas & Jr Gong.
Example:

Mos Def
Nas
Rakim
Kanye
Krs One
Tupac
Big L
Lupe
Talib
Immortal Technique
Jay Electronica
Gift of Gab
Need I go on?

Hes a waste of space.
His fans are a joke to have a debate with. Bring up his lyrics and stuff to em and they reply yeah but Wayne makes money! So what! They go on about his sales like hes the GOAT! He makes a song a day or somethin, maybe more, but the important thing is QUALITY not QUANTITY! His fans bangin on about his work rate. I could stand in a booth all day and talk shit.

Hes contributing to the death of the greatest and most genius genre there is, Hip Hop!
Lil Wayne has the worst lyrics in hip hop. Soo many artists shit on him lyrically. I actually rate him on "Tha Mobb" and his verse on My Generation by Nas & Jr Gong.
Example:

Mos Def
Nas
Rakim
Kanye
Krs One
Tupac
Big L
Lupe
Talib
Immortal Technique
Jay Electronica
Gift of Gab
Need I go on?
Yeah, Eminem ;)

Wayne is still one of the dopest rappers of this generation, unfortunately he's known to everyone now as a jerk.. but anyone who listens to rap will know that he had 2 of the best mix tapes of the last decade... The dedication and the Drought is over... the nigga can spit, no doubt about it, his metaphors are the best since biggie's, go listen to tha carter 1 and 2 (Tha mobb).. and tell me the dude dont have skills, Wayne been rapping since he was 16.... he's past that now and thats why he's gone sh,ity commercial with that crappy rock album lame cameo appearance and looking like stoned zombie, Greatest rapper alive ...NO!! (btw he said that in his early years 04-06, to piss jay-z and Eminem off)

I wasnt too fond of Wayne's last album at first.
Still not that crazy about the last 2 tracks but I do have
a few fave from "REBIRTH".

Here's one:

"Paradice"

Mula Baby...

She was a young girl in pursuit of glory and fame.
She would do anything she could to feel the flame,
When everybody knew your mood and the games you've played.
She finally made all her dreams come true and then she screamed:

[Chorus]
Oh no, this ain't paradice.
Yea..

He was a young boy in pursuit of money and fame,
And he would do anything he could to kill the pain.
When everybody knew your mood, they speaking your name,
All over the late night local news I hear him scream:

(Chorus)

Oh, I say the sun don't shine forever.
Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, Ohhh
And everything that glitter ain't gold.
I say love don't love forever.
Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, Ohhh
When everything that's new gets old.

Sometimes we try to find a road to the riches;
Need roadside assistance.
Blisters on my knees from begging for forgiveness.
Ain't no dollars on my trees, but mileage on my feet,
'Cause I been climbing to the peak and running from the bullshit.
I'm tired of hearing the same songs, who told the DJ bring it back.
Dead presidents bullet in Abraham Lincoln hat.
Staring at Big's poster -- I swear that he be winking back.
Cut school; sell crack. Sorry I'm just thinking back.
Ca-Call me crazy, I've been called worse.
It's like I have it all, but what's it all worth?
I'm probably better in my afterlife.
I should cherish life, but this ain't paradice.

[Chorus]
Oh no, this ain't paradice
Oh, Oh, Ohh
This ain't paradice
No, this ain't paradice
This ain't paradice

OTH!

By Charles Holmes October 4, 2018 Rolling Stone
lil-wayne-nicki-minaj-drake.jpg

Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, and Drake attend the 2017 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas.

Lil Wayne’s tumultuous and lengthy legal battles are finally behind him. In September, the New Orleans mogul revealed that he was now the sole owner of Young Money. In a new sit-down for Elliott Wilson’s CRWN interview series, Tha Carter V rapper divulged the Young Money status of Drake and Nicki, two of the label’s most lucrative stars.

“They still have their own thing and they’re still with me as well,” Wayne said. “They’ve always had their own thing. Now it’s just that they have the opportunity to let me make their own thing shine brighter than it has. They’re still my artist.

Understand, but they have their own things as well, because now I’m in a position I’m in now I’m going to make sure whatever they want for themselves to be, [I’m] going to make sure it’s exactly as it should be.”

Speculation about Drake’s label status has been a topic of conversation for years. On Scorpion’s “Is There More” he infamously rapped, “Yeah, soon as this album drop I’m out of the deal.” In June, anonymous sources told Billboard that Drake was staying with Universal Music Group, but didn’t clarify if that meant he would still partner with Young Money or Cash Money.

Another mystery surrounding Tha Carter’s fifth installment is the absence of Drake. Weezy explained that sample clearances stopped a collaboration with Graham from making the album.

“He has a song that didn’t get cleared,” he continued. “The clearances man. The clearances man. People be trippin’ when they find out who it is and when they find out what the song’s subject is about. They don’t represent the names of something like that…You really don’t know why they say no.”

Watch the entire interview on Tidal.

by Hugh McIntyre October 10, 2018 Forbes
https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2F1025681594%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

SEATTLE, WA - AUGUST 31: Rapper Lil Wayne performs at Bumbershoot at Seattle Center on August 31, 2018, in Seattle, Washington. (Photo by Suzi Pratt/WireImage)

After years of battling his record label and attempting to release his new album Tha Carter V, Lil Wayne has finally been able to gift the lengthy record to his fans, and they responded by buying and streaming it in massive numbers over the past tracking week. The tens of thousands of sales the fifth installment of the rapper’s Tha Carter series racked up certainly helped it debut at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with just under half a million equivalent units, but it’s the streams that have earned the musician a spot in the history books.

Tha Carter V now owns the distinction of being the album with the second-most one-week stream count in history. The 23 tracks featured on the record were streamed an incredible 433 million times (according to Nielsen Music) in just the United States and in just the first seven days they were available to the public, which means the true first-week count when all listeners are taken into account is much, much higher.

According to Billboard, those 433 million streams equal 325,000 streaming equivalent albums, a number conjured by using the methodology the music industry publication and chart creator utilizes to turn single plays of songs into equivalent album units shifted. That sum alone would have been enough to grant Wayne the No. 1 spot, though he also moved another 150,000 or so units between actual sales and track equivalent units.

433 million streams is certainly an enormous number...though it still doesn’t come close to the current champion's best showing. Drake’s recent chart-topper Scorpion is in a distant first place when it comes to the albums with the most streams in one week, as it earned an astounding 745.9 million streams when it dropped on streaming platforms. That happened earlier this year, and chances are when he has another long collection of new music, he’ll change the record once again.

With hundreds of millions of streams working in his favor, it’s possible that many, if not all, of the songs featured on Tha Carter V will find their way to the Hot 100, where an impressive stream count can also make a big difference when it comes to where a piece of music lands.

new video
[video=youtube;fkLLeOCOQ3w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkLLeOCOQ3w[/video]

Back