Kanye West Wears MJ Badge In Video

Yea, with a mugshot that keeps the trial in everybody's mind.:)

Yeah i know he could have chose a better pic but Kayne is one of the hottest artists around at the mo so little MJ things like that are good promotion dispite what was going on at the time when the photo was taken, Kayne has also never said a bad word against MJ

Last edited:
Kanye is a D*** fool. If you gonna show somebody props, why use a shot of someone at their lowest point? I mean, Mike was goin through some hell at the time.

If you gonna flash a MJ pin, why not take Mike's shot from Ebony or something? I mean, seriously!

^^ I agree, this is one of the reasons I don't like Kayne much. Why would you use his mugshot photo? :blink:

Kanye LOVES mj--but I don't get the stunt he pulled in his video lol!

That's why I'm wondering was there supposed to be a purpose in this particular picture?

You know--all videos have some subliminal message.

I don't get the idea that lies behind wearing the MJ image badge ...
but I love the video and this song is one of my few favourites , recently.... and Estelle is really good imo

Kanye is not the only one wearing that badge. I don't know if it is a sign of defiance cause a British celeb who loves Mj was also seen wearing the same badge on tv.

A lot of people think mugshots are cool, too. Sort of, "Oh, look. This person is innocent, but aren't they badass for getting arrested by the evil Man?" But with MJ, that's a really embarrassing picture, so it was probably ill-advised of Kanye. Not really a big thing to me, though.

A lot of people think mugshots are cool, too. Sort of, "Oh, look. This person is innocent, but aren't they badass for getting arrested by the evil Man?" But with MJ, that's a really embarrassing picture, so it was probably ill-advised of Kanye. Not really a big thing to me, though.

Yeah, a mugshot isn't the same for 50 Cent than for Michael.

The photo is a picture of Michael. That's what he looks like. What difference does it make that it's a mugshot? No matter what photo he used, people are not stupid. We will all remember that Michael Jackson was arrested and charged with child molestation, just like we will remember that he got off on ALL charges. So the photo doesn't matter.

Kanye's first big hit was "Slow Jams". Included was the infamous lyrics "she got a light skinned friend..look like Michael Jackson....she got a dark skinned friend..look like Michael Jackson". Fans were in an uproar. And guess what? Michael Jackson still allowed Kanye West to remix his biggest hit (Billie Jean) for Thriller 25. If Michael has no problem with Kanye, then why should we?

Last edited:
The photo is a picture of Michael. That's what he looks like. What difference does it make that it's a mugshot? No matter what photo he used, people are not stupid. We will all remember that Michael Jackson was arrested and charged with child molestation, just like we will remember that he got off on ALL charges. So the photo doesn't matter.

Kanye's first big hit was "Slow Jams". Included was the infamous lyrics "she got a light skinned friend..look like Michael Jackson....she got a dark skinned friend..look like Michael Jackson". Fans were in an uproar. And guess what? Michael Jackson still allowed Kanye West to remix his biggest hit (Billie Jean) for Thriller 25. If Michael has no problem with Kanye, then why should we?

That doesn't mean he knows every song West made. He didn't even know Will I Am was a singer before working with him, but a producer only.

Oh, and you might want to revise the phrase "Michael Jackson was arrested and charged with child molestation, just like we will remember that he got off on ALL charges", the 'getting off" part, that is, thank you. He didn't get off, but was exonerated because he was innocent.

Last edited:
ur kidding right
how come he didint know that he is a singer?

That song with different lyrics is on Will I Ams album.
I think Kayne is being sarcastic. After that he says "to hell with all that rubish". He is saying screw the media! The media always knocks you when you're down.

That song with different lyrics is on Will I Ams album.
I think Kayne is being sarcastic. After that he says "to hell with all that rubish". He is saying screw the media! The media always knocks you when you're down.

I agree with you, on that line he seems to grab the badge to emphasize who's on it as if to say what went on with Michael Jackson at the trial was complete rubbish-i was thinking maybe he used that particular image in reference to that.

he says in the song "And I'm feelin like Mike at his Baddest" then he flashes off the badge with the mugshot of MJ on it.

Last edited:
is it just me or does the melody (not the rhythm) remind a bit of Heaven Can Wait - the choruses especially? There's just something that reminds me of it... Dunno why!

Did Kanye produce it? Also why is he singing on her song I never heard of Estelle before until this song.

Back