What is the Last Music Bio Book You've Read?

Re: what last music bio book have you read?...

the only biographical book i've read is Miles Davis' autobiographical Miles and that was a while ago. i don't think i ever even finished Moon Walk lol i ought read more of these..

Diana Ross A Biography-by J. Randy Taraborrelli

I really want to read that! I saw it at a second-hand bookstore we have here, but when I went back it was gone :(

I also wanna read "Simply the Gest" by David Gest

I guess the last one I read was one of the MILLION MJ books I have (lol :) ) or an Audrey Hepburn book, oh and I got a Quincy Jones book from that bookstore previously mentioned.

Last edited:

I read about Celine Dion last year. She wrote the book by herself.

It was a book about The Eagles I checked out at the library. I don't recall who the author was.

I'm in the middle of reading Slash's book

I don't wanna start a new thread so I thougt I'll ask here.
I read JR Taraborelli book about Michael and he writes many times about his conversations with Michael. Is it really true? It sounds like they were friends and talked on the phone about everything, his marriages, money, scandlas. I just can't believe Michael would be so open to him about things like that.

(sorry for my english)

I don't wanna start a new thread so I thougt I'll ask here.
I read JR Taraborelli book about Michael and he writes many times about his conversations with Michael. Is it really true? It sounds like they were friends and talked on the phone about everything, his marriages, money, scandlas. I just can't believe Michael would be so open to him about things like that.

(sorry for my english)
That book (The Magic & The Madness) came out before MJ was married or any of the accacusations. But I believe that the author was a friend of the family since the 1970s, and has done a lot of interviews with them.

That book (The Magic & The Madness) came out before MJ was married or any of the accacusations. But I believe that the author was a friend of the family since the 1970s, and has done a lot of interviews with them.
No, the Magic and the Madness I read came out in 2003 and the author wrote about Chandlers, both marriages, problems with Sony.

No, the Magic and the Madness I read came out in 2003 and the author wrote about Chandlers, both marriages, problems with Sony.

this may be a dumb question..but i have seen this book The magic and the Madness at a bookstore in my town,is it a negative book on MJ or positive?i forgot becuase there was that book and another book on michael there, but i forgot the title of the book. but one was postive and the other was negative.. just wondering???

this may be a dumb question..but i have seen this book The magic and the Madness at a bookstore in my town,is it a negative book on MJ or positive?i forgot becuase there was that book and another book on michael there, but i forgot the title of the book. but one was postive and the other was negative.. just wondering???
It's hard to say. It's both I think, postive and negative. And like I said I'm not sure if I should believe in his conversations with Michael. Does Taraborelli really know him that well?

oh ok..I was going to buy that book, but i wasn't sure if i was going to waste my money on it if its just negativity, but now i know :p.Is it a good book?????!!! idk yet if im gonna buy it still hmmm?

oh ok..I was going to buy that book, but i wasn't sure if i was going to waste my money on it if its just negativity, but now i know :p.Is it a good book?????!!! idk yet if im gonna buy it still hmmm?
Well, people say it's the best book about Michael you can possibly get. It's definitely better than 'MJ Superstar'. But I didn't buy 'the Magic and the Madness', I borrowed it from a friend, read it once and that's enough for me.

Must be a new version, because I bought the book when it 1st came out in 1991.

Last edited:

Well, I like "the magic and the madness" (first edition, NOT the second so much- i have 'em both, and I like the first better) and I know there are ppl that dont like it, but I do. I read it alot.

And to my previous post above....I finally bought and just finished David Gest's bio., so that is the last one I've read.

It's hard to say. It's both I think, postive and negative. And like I said I'm not sure if I should believe in his conversations with Michael. Does Taraborelli really know him that well?
yeah taraborelli knows MJ real well and in fact back in 94 Taraborelli was one of the few people MJ talked to directly. it's a odd situation but they are well aware of one another.

Bobby Womack's the greatest soul singer in the world and it is wild i read that last year and Rick james's Memoirs of a Superfreak

I read "Genesis: Chapter and Verse". It's a really good book. It's sort of like The Beatles' "Anthology" book in that it is by the band members. Right now I'm reading Andy Summers autobiography.

moonwalk
by the angel :michael jackson

Last train to Memphis: The Rise of Elvis Presley by Peter Guralnick.

Actually, I'm still reading it. I got it for Christmas in 2007, lol, I never have the time to finish it.

Moonwalk, it's the only one I've read and probably only one I will as it's Michael by Michael. I love it so much, I think I will read it again cover to cover, it makes me feel closer to him..

I've just ordered Freddie Mercury An intimate memoir by the man who knew him best and Madonna: An Intimate Biography by J.Randy Taraborrelli.

Last edited:

My last was "MJ: Life of The Legend" and before non-MJ was "According to The Rolling Stones" :D

Aerosmith - Walk This Way. A good few years ago!!!

I had to really pause to think what the last music biography I've read was... It is INXS: Story to Story by Anthony Bozza (and the remaining INXS members). I'm yet to get Moonwalk. I'm eyeing it for Christmas, I could buy it as a present to myself. :D It'll be next in line for me to read.

I know it's not a bio, but I'm reading "Motown: Music, Money, Sex and Power". And so far I am slightly interested in it. It may be sensationlized , but I enjoy it. And I am reading other Motown related books too.

Back