Ok you are going to laugh at me but....BARRY MANILOW!! LOL!!

LindaC781

Proud Member
I have to admit it, I am a closet fan. Have loved his music from way back...including this little ditty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdZ7SCYyMQo

"I Made It Through The Rain"
sung by Barry Manilow

We dreamers have our ways
Of facing rainy days
And somehow we survive
We keep the feelings warm
Protect them from the storm
Until our time arrives
Then one day the sun appears
And we come shining through those lonely years

I made it through the rain
I kept my world protected
I kept my point of view

And found myself respected
By the others who
Got rained on too
And made it through
When friends are hard to find
And life seems so unkind
Sometimes you feel so afraid
Just aim beyond the clouds
And rise above the crowds
And start your own parade
'Cause when I chased my fears away
That's when I knew that I could finally say

I kept my point of view

By the others who
Got rained on too
And made it through

I kept my point of view

By the others who
Got rained on too
And made it through
And made it through
I made it through

Last edited:
Why laughing?
I love Barry Manillow
and "Copacabana" or "Love Is In The Air" are classics:D

Last edited:
I think he's a fine pop singer and songwriter. He also produces and arranges.

My only criticism of his music is that many of his songs feature the same effect; modulation up a tone. But it's still good.

He's written many solid songs.

I think he's a fine pop singer and songwriter. He also produces and arranges.

My only criticism of his music is that many of his songs feature the same effect; modulation up a tone. But it's still good.

He's written many solid songs.

agree with this:)

Is he the guy that sang a tribute to MJ at the 1984 American Music Awards?

true and our Mike is no stranger to this either
f_blush.gif
the bloke loves his key changes (Stranger In Moscow, Earth Song, Heal The World, Cry, Speechless, HIStory, MITM, RWY.. i'm sure there are more!)

but that's pop.

having said that, i think Stranger In Moscow has the smartest modulation i've heard in a pop tune.

Last edited:
I adore me some Barry Manilow! You are not alone. :lol: But I'm not a closet fan. I like telling ppl I'm a big fan becuz it's generally what they least expect from me, for some reason. Anyhoo, this reminds me to add some of his stuff to my youtube favorites. Thanks to all for the links. :flowers:

I adore me some Barry Manilow! You are not alone. :lol: But I'm not a closet fan. I like telling ppl I'm a big fan becuz it's generally what they least expect from me, for some reason. Anyhoo, this reminds me to add some of his stuff to my youtube favorites. Thanks to all for the links. :flowers:

Ok- I've come out of the closet!! And BOY is IT LIBERATING!! LOVE YOU BARRY!! LOL!

Ok- I've come out of the closet!! And BOY is IT LIBERATING!! LOVE YOU BARRY!! LOL!

:lol: Good for you! :) I enjoy Barry's music, too. I don't seem to listen to him too much anymore, but I saw him in concert years ago at the Greek Theater in LA and he put on a good show. If I had the opportunity to see him in Vegas or something like that, I certainly would take advantage, and I'm sure it would be a very pleasant evening. I like a lot of his songs. (his song, All the Time, has a really nice meaning to it...I just re-listened to it)

So there ya go, Linda. More support! :D

Last edited:
I think he's a great musician.. very talented..

however his music never grabbed me. I don't know why..

it's strange but he's a musician that I wish I liked.. lol!

there are few that I just wish I wanted to listen to.. Like I know the talent is there it just does not reach me in the same way.

I dunno..somehow Barry Manilow doesn't seem to fit on MJ boards...but I love him too!! Especially "Weekend in New England" and "Copacabana"...I also think it would be AWESOME if somehow Barry and MJ could do something together...as crazy as that sounds..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23o_sNBsHY&feature=related

but that's the thing about an MJ board. if you think it doesn't belong on here.....it belongs on here.

i would never laugh at a voice like that.

when i discover a singer i like i tend to go to his or her library...

check this out...the sentiment reminds me of 'cry' by Michael Jackson. If ever there was a song that i would love to hear MJ remake, just like the very arrangement in this video..it would be this song. 'One Voice' by Barry Manilow.

if you're not moved, just a little..baby..you don't have a pulse..lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3p7Ih7d5bo

aint nothing wrong with the Barry :)

Yesss! All of you are so-oooo right about Barry M. Got one of his greatest hits Cd's & wore it out! Love his music & hope to see him live...Vegas would be nice.... if ....I can convince my hubby to see him next trip there! :lol:

big fan of his. got his box set. the dude is a Great Arranger, Strong Producer and all around artist and he is very versatile. got a book of his as well. very talented cat and he is a Cool.

When I was an adolecent...I used to have a crush on Barry Manilow and John Travolta (Vinnie Boborino...Welcome Back Cotter) ...Giggles~~~

I am such a turd sometimes...

When I was an adolecent...I used to have a crush on Barry Manilow and John Travolta (Vinnie Boborino...Welcome Back Cotter) ...Giggles~~~

I am such a turd sometimes...

Susie, then YOU AND I are turds!! Cause I had the same crushes!

*Laughs*

:rollin:

Sorry with a title like that I couldn't resist Linda :p

I've never taken to him personally but he is a good artist for sure :yes:

I LOVE Barry Manilow. :yes:
I went to go see him in concert when i was like 10 or so.
Hes an AMAZING singer :wub:

Back