The JAZZ thread...

YaY! for JAZZ!!!

I loves me some Miles Davis and some Dizzy Gillespie

I picked up some CDs the other day called Verve and it's basically Jazz music that has been remixed, that was a bit of fun to hear people like Nina Simone and Ella Fitzgerald mixed that way but also very awesome ^_^

i love Miles Davis and Bill Evans on the song Blue In Green. My absolute favorite jazz recording ever.

Oh L.J.!! I adore Ella..and Sara Vaughn....they were great weren't they? And the rest of you....Miles is the BEST. I have this record called "Bitches Brew" and it is awesome...

Im going to New Orleans next month for a romantic getaway thing...:wub:
I hope to go in all the jazz clubs there. :)

what no Duke Ellington?? Nat King cole trio and Solo? Billie Holiday? Count Basie? Thelonius Monk? Sonny Rolliins? Donald Byrd? Bobbi Humphrey? Sun Rai? ColeMan Hawkins?

I mean it depends on what era you are talking and if you are talking about swing or straight up. Miles Davis of course and I love "Jack Johnson" album he did Kind of Blue which was Miles's "Off the Wall" for that time period.

Coltrane and his wife were Baddd.

Return to Forever, Weather Report, Jaco Pasterious,Marcus Miller

Earl Hines,Billy Eckstine, Benny Goodman,Tommy dorsey,Max Roach, Jimmy smith(who did the Organ solo on MJ's Bad) Wes Montgomery, George benson,Earl Klugh, Crusaders,Joe Sample, the Marsalis Family, Clifford Brown and I could on and on. great thread and topic.

what no Duke Ellington?? Nat King cole trio and Solo? Billie Holiday? Count Basie? Thelonius Monk? Sonny Rolliins? Donald Byrd? Bobbi Humphrey? Sun Rai? ColeMan Hawkins?

I mean it depends on what era you are talking and if you are talking about swing or straight up. Miles Davis of course and I love "Jack Johnson" album he did Kind of Blue which was Miles's "Off the Wall" for that time period.

Coltrane and his wife were Baddd.

Return to Forever, Weather Report, Jaco Pasterious,Marcus Miller

Earl Hines,Billy Eckstine, Benny Goodman,Tommy dorsey,Max Roach, Jimmy smith(who did the Organ solo on MJ's Bad) Wes Montgomery, George benson,Earl Klugh, Crusaders,Joe Sample, the Marsalis Family, Clifford Brown and I could on and on. great thread and topic.

OMG - I could go on and on...Sonny Rollins.....Coltrane.....etc etc etc....

HERBIE HANCOCK!! Forgot him...here he is on "Chameleon"...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTnKvJh-NZQ

We used to play this song every football game (I was a football band geek)...AND our high school jazz band did this in front of a jury at none other than Berklee School of Music....it was awesome...I did the sax solo...

Last edited:
Oh i love jazz :) i have over one hundred jazz songs on my ipod!...
My favs are ella fitzgerald, billie holiday, nat king cole, benny goodman, sarah vaughn and nina simone just to name a few..

I love that song. Herbie did that song with Joni Mitchell herself a few months ago after winning the grammy award. He did it on a Nissan Sessions show or something. I think it's on Yahoo's site and it was also airing on the Music HD channel.

I'm not a huge fan of Rae (even though I have her first album), but when she gets the right song, she's really a pleasure to listen to.

one of my favourite pianists, Horace Silver:

Quicksilver/Opus de Funk

Senor Blues

Filthy McNasty

Lee Morgan - The Sidewinder

Horace Silver - Song For My Father

one of my favs
smil46d19bfb9fbae.gif

Back