Elvis at the movies

Roxanne

Proud Member
elvis made 31 films. some of them were great, some good, some bad, others pretty bad lol

which are ur 10(or less) fave elvis movies ?

mine are:

1) viva las vegas
2) blue hawaii
3) fun in acapulco
4) jailhouse rock
5) love me tender
6) loving you
7) king greole
8) G.I. blues
9) girls, girls, girls
10) paradise in hawaiian style

i was a HUGE elvis fan when i was a kid and i still am a fan to this day though not huge one anymore. i have 26 of his movies on dvd's and videocassettes and i used to watch them all the time back in the day. viva las vegas is my all time fave elvis movie. i just think he was so amazing in it. i couldnt get enough of it

Clambake, Follow That Dream, Double Trouble, Charro, Blue Hawaii, Flaming Star, Girls Girls Girls, Roustabout, Kissin' Cousins, Paradise Hawaiian Style.

I love Elvis films; they're so underrated. In a few of them you can tell that Elvis was frustrated, but overall they're fantastic, he truly was versatile, talented, and such an extremely handsome man, no wonder they used to refer to him as a Greek God.

yes he was very handsome indeed. lemme post some more piccies ^_^

fun in acapulco

blue hawaii

1) Girl Happy
2) Blue Hawaii
3) GI Blues
4) Jailhouse Rock
5) Loving You
6) Change Of Habit
7) King Creole
8) Love Me Tender
9) Flaming Star
10) It Happened At The Worlds Fair
11) Viva Las Vegas
12) Spinout

I loveeee all those movies he made :wub: He was an AMAZING actor. I dont care what people say. If the Colonel wouldve given him the ability and the freedom to act in the films he wanted to and was offered he wouldve been an icon in the movies as well as in the music industry. :wub:

I love the songs/music in "It Happened At The World's Fair".

It's not a movie, but I love watching "That's The Way It Is". Elvis looks so relaxed, and he sings "Patch It Up" LIVE, one of my favorite songs.

I also love watching "Aloha From Hawaii", which, in my opinion, is the best concert DVD available. When Elvis sings "Suspicious Minds" and he sings "I hope this suit don't tear up baby", it gives me goosebumps. He had a fantastic sense of humor, and was brilliant LIVE. A true entertainer.

Last edited:
mmm viva las vegas of course!!..ann Margaret as the leading lady with elvis thats alot of total eye candy.

and jailhouse rock too.. the first 'music video'.

those would be my top two.

Eddie Murphy said it best on Delirious.

"Elvis did movies he couldn't act in....
"F*** it let him just sing all his dialaogs :)

I haven't seen them all. I loved the one with the Hawaiian girl (which one was that), I remember watching it, and she pretended to be sick by putting the thermometer by the heat or something... :lol: I havent seen that in years, I only saw it once I think, perhaps twice but never fully after my first time seeing it.

My mothers favourite is G.I Blues, so I will say that one :p

I haven't seen them all. I loved the one with the Hawaiian girl (which one was that), I remember watching it, and she pretended to be sick by putting the thermometer by the heat or something... :lol: I havent seen that in years, I only saw it once I think, perhaps twice but never fully after my first time seeing it.

My mothers favourite is G.I Blues, so I will say that one :p

I think that one was 'It Happened At The Worlds Fair'.
The same one where Kurt Russell kicked him in the shin. lol

Yeah GI Blues is my moms favorite as well. :yes:
I loveeee that part where he babysits. :toofunny:

I've only seen King Creole and I liked it...Im now looking forward to buy some of his movies on dvd, i like him a lot!

By WMCAction News5.com Staff | November 16, 2018

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - Elvis Presley Enterprises is bridging the gap to help bring more big name movie productions to the Bluff City.

With states like Georgia, Louisiana and New Mexico offering filming incentives, it's hard for Tennessee to compete.

The 90s were the golden age of Memphis movie-making, from The Firm, to The Client and The Rainmaker.

Memphis's streets and iconic spot became a part of the silver screen.

When states began offering filming incentives, the game changed.

Shelby County Film Commissioner Lynn Sitler said unless Tennessee enacts a state income tax, the state will never be rich enough to give incentives that will compete with the other states.

Despite that, the Memphis & Shelby County Film Commission stays busy with the various small budget films and other projects that showcase the city’s southern charm.

Joel Weinshanker, managing partner of Elvis Presley Enterprise, announced his plans will make up for the lacking state incentives.

“We are going to bring TV and film making back to Memphis. You know, we are planning on opening up new facilities next year. We’ve got five or six productions that are coming to Memphis. That means jobs, good paying jobs. Lots of work for people in Memphis,” said Weinshanker.

2018 has already been a busy year for Memphis movie-making from Tom Shadyac's Brian Banks movie, to Hallmark's Christmas at Graceland, and the untitled biopic about Sun Records founder Sam Phillips.

"The more out of the box deals that can be offered such as the Graceland soundstage and the Guesthouse, package deals like that," said Sitler.

She said Memphis needs to rely on more innovated thinking so that we can be more competitive.

Back