Who is most likely following in MJs footsteps?

Most like MJ today?

• Beyonce

Votes: 14 14.0%
  • Usher

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • Justin Timberlake

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Britney Spears

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Chris Brown (uugggh) X0(

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 30 30.0%

• Total voters

PopPrince89

Proud Member
Okay, of course music TOTALLLLLY isnt the same these days as it used to be....but in this day in age....who would you think is our modern-day Michael or is somewhat going that direction??(even though, NOBODY really comes that close to the King)

I LOVEEEEEEEEE ME SOME BEYONCE!!!!! SHES MY IDOL AND EVERYTHING NEXT TO MJ SO OF COURSE I WUD SAY HER...She really is though...Though her record sales arent the "best" shes still one of the few who sells millions, has numerous hits that everyone knows, shes recognized by practically everyone, and everyone whos anyone knows her name! Her videos and eprformances have set the standard for many of todays artists, the lists goes on and on,...not to mention she was the lead singer in one of the most successful groups of all time and once she went solo, she became the biggest entertainer today...(just like MJ did)!!

Last edited:
i didnt say there will be another MJ...duh...im saying by todays standards, who is like our MJ for today (though MJ will always be the King)....geez dont take it so practical

They all stand out in their genres but I think Beyonce & Usher are the most successful in terms of album sales :]

I like Justin Timberlake most out of them though.

Last edited:
The short answer is nobody. Michael is on a different and higher level than all the current superstars. Nobody out there has risen to his musical and artistic status.

Yep no1 can follow in his footsteps. They r like godzillas waaaaaay 2 big tryin 2 follow in them may result in tripping or gettin lost lol

Altho i can lol

u guys arent getting the question...we all know nobody is EVER gonna be like Michael..what im asking is for example, MJ was the King of everything in the 80s 9just an example)....who would be the dominator of music ROUGHLY today?? somebody at least is gearing towards that position...im not saying anyone is selling staggers of records like MJ or or acheiveing as much but BY TODAYS STANDARD....TODAYS SANDARDS.....T O D A Y S STA N D A R D S!!! WHO MIGHT IT BE?!?!? JUST A QUESTION

u guys arent getting the question...we all know nobody is EVER gonna be like Michael..what im asking is for example, MJ was the King of everything in the 80s 9just an example)....who would be the dominator of music ROUGHLY today?? somebody at least is gearing towards that position...im not saying anyone is selling staggers of records like MJ or or acheiveing as much but BY TODAYS STANDARD....TODAYS SANDARDS.....T O D A Y S STA N D A R D S!!! WHO MIGHT IT BE?!?!? JUST A QUESTION

*Dead* lmao!! Ok ok ok, I guess usher and beyonce....why is brittany spears on the list? like seriously lol (jk i kno u loe her)

I think Beyonce definitely has that work ethic (that Britney used to have) and showmanship. Beyonce and Britney are both amazing performers. You can hate them all you want to and call them all the names in the book--but they know how to put on a show.

I'm not even a fan of Britney's music--and I'm not so big on Beyonce either--but I can give props where they're due. And I will have to say this--if I am to be honest--I believe that Beyonce is a better LIVE VOCAL performer (particularly while dancing) than Michael. Mike's voice is beautiful but I've noticed that Beyonce is better at keeping her voice in tip top shape while she's moving around and jirating all over the stage than Michael is. At least from what I've seen.

That in no way means that Beyonce is better than Mike or is even on his level--it's just an observation. :D

Last edited:
OK, First off, NOBODY will ever be like MJ.
But, out of all of these I'd say Beyonce has the highest staying power, mostly because not only is she very talented but because she a hard hard worker...and a great live performer.
I don't like her that much and I think she get's really annoying after a while, but I have to acknowledge that she's the best by far out of all of these people.

None of the people on the list are international superstars on Michael's level, nor are they anywhere near his equal in talent. In terms of who is most similar, you could say Usher, just because he can sing and dance, but obviously just not anywhere near the same level. But Beyonce can't dance, Chris Brown can't really sing, Justin Timberlake can't dance, etc... In they end they're all just a bunch of wannabes anyway. Someone like Mariah Carey or Celine Dion are actually closer to Michael in terms of success, from a modern stand point. Even though both of those artists have been around for 15 plus years.

I think Beyonce definitely has that work ethic (that Britney used to have) and showmanship. Beyonce and Britney are both amazing performers. You can hate them all you want to and call them all the names in the book--but they know how to put on a show.

I'm not even a fan of Britney's music--and I'm not so big on Beyonce either--but I can give props where they're due. And I will have to say this--if I am to be honest--I believe that Beyonce is a better LIVE VOCAL performer (particularly while dancing) than Michael. Mike's voice is beautiful but I've noticed that Beyonce is better at keeping her voice in tip top shape while she's moving around and jirating all over the stage than Michael is. At least from what I've seen.

That in no way means that Beyonce is better than Mike or is even on his level--it's just an observation. :D

3 words......PRE-RECORDED TRACKZ

true..though beyonce has used pre-recorded tracks (i.e. when she performs Get Me Bodied, sometimes Naughty Girl, Ring The Alarm) the majority of the time she does sing live and dance at the same time...i went to The Beyonce Experience live and except for those 3 songs, she performed each song live and jirated all over the place and it was all in good pitch.

Ohhh and i forgot about MARIAH!!

And why does CB have so many votes? i dont know why i even put him on the poll he's no where near Beyonce or Usher on those terms..lol..

I've seen Beyonce live and she does sound good while dancing, but one must realize that she doesn't move with near the same intensity or continuity as Michael does. Michael never stops moving, I mean never, when he performs live. If you've ever watched him, pay attention, you'll see he never stops moving, and it's all with incredible precisian and control, he's never off key, never off pitch, and you could hardly tell he was ever out of breath when he was in his prime.

There is NO ONE next or even close to Michael Jackson. That list is laughable. Everyone in that list is overrated, has not contributed to music like MJ has and has yet to do anything that is innovative. Their just repeating the same ish. Next?

Hmm, well if you put it that way, I'd have to say either Britney Spears or Jack Johnson (before you all attack me, I'm not a JJ fan, but his latest album hit number one and it's still in the Itunes top five charts.)

There is NO ONE next or even close to Michael Jackson. That list is laughable. Everyone in that list is overrated, has not contributed to music like MJ has and has yet to do anything that is innovative. Their just repeating the same ish. Next?

*DEAD* LMAO!

true..though beyonce has used pre-recorded tracks (i.e. when she performs Get Me Bodied, sometimes Naughty Girl, Ring The Alarm) the majority of the time she does sing live and dance at the same time...i went to The Beyonce Experience live and except for those 3 songs, she performed each song live and jirated all over the place and it was all in good pitch.

Ohhh and i forgot about MARIAH!!

And why does CB have so many votes? i dont know why i even put him on the poll he's no where near Beyonce or Usher on those terms..lol..

Do i have 2 bring up Greenlight???????? N e wayz mj dances hrder there4 beyonce dont count right now lol (waits 4 popprince 2 get pissed)

Do i have 2 bring up Greenlight???????? N e wayz mj dances hrder there4 beyonce dont count right now lol (waits 4 popprince 2 get pissed)

And your point? Ya'll seem to think the ONLY people who do music are the mainstream folks and that is not true. Sad but true the mainstream music has always sucked. I don't know what kind of dancing ur talking about as far as Beyonce. If you call making ur head hit at different points and doing a little tina turner move is dancing, then let me show some REAL dancers. Any artist can do some random moves or dance with some back up dancers. Thats does NOT make them a good dancer. Shoot ciara can dance better than Beyonce and make up more moves on the spot(I don't like her either but she is better than B between the two as far as real dancing goes). The reason why these artists seem like there are Kings and Queens of the world because the media wants to brainwash you into thinking that. Just because you hear about them 50 million times and they win all these awards doesn't mean anything. They are overrated and have not did anything INNOVATIVE for the music industry period. Todays MUSIC SUCKS end of story. There is NO ONE NO ONE close or at Michael Jackson's level and never will. Its funny how you people try to put these crap artists against somebody like Michael Jackson or the greats just because they got a little hype.

Well I think in the sense of being attacked and obsessed by the media, definatley Britney. I mean, she's like the "next" Michael Jackson in that case, she's attacked just like he was/is. Everything she does is just gonna get slated now, sadly. I'm a big fan and it's so sad that the media have to hate on people like that :dry:

Until we know if Paris and the 2 Princes at Michael's house can sing and dance (MTV's Rock The Cradle), I'd say there's nobody on the scene that I know of to follow in Michael's footsteps.

The people on the list disgust me...all of them. At first, I was okay with Usher, that faded fast; was slightly eyebrow lifted at Beyonce then shut my eyes and turned my head quickly and as far as the others that were mentioned...I can barely watch the television screen with them on it and this statement goes actually for the whole list at this point.:lol:

It's a rhetorical question in my opinion. No answer should need to be given.:lol:

I don't think Chris Brown is talented enough... Justin Timberlake has the Triple Threat as they say.. he's written, produced & co produced, not only his own stuff but for other artists. He plays many instruments, he's a great dancer, he's acted in many films, has his own record label, his own resturant chain, his own clothing line. And Justin, just like MJ started out in a group singing bubble gum tunes... and has a successful solo career.

And your point? Ya'll seem to think the ONLY people who do music are the mainstream folks and that is not true. Sad but true the mainstream music has always sucked. I don't know what kind of dancing ur talking about as far as Beyonce. If you call making ur head hit at different points and doing a little tina turner move is dancing, then let me show some REAL dancers. Any artist can do some random moves or dance with some back up dancers. Thats does NOT make them a good dancer. Shoot ciara can dance better than Beyonce and make up more moves on the spot(I don't like her either but she is better than B between the two as far as real dancing goes). The reason why these artists seem like there are Kings and Queens of the world because the media wants to brainwash you into thinking that. Just because you hear about them 50 million times and they win all these awards doesn't mean anything. They are overrated and have not did anything INNOVATIVE for the music industry period. Todays MUSIC SUCKS end of story. There is NO ONE NO ONE close or at Michael Jackson's level and never will. Its funny how you people try to put these crap artists against somebody like Michael Jackson or the greats just because they got a little hype.

my point was mj dances harder so comparing his live vocals 2 hers was rather pointless. sp if u typed all that 2 inform me on how beyonce isnt what shes hyped 2be then u have failed lol cuz thats what i was saying

Back