The King, Michael Jackson has an amazing legacy and this thread is dedicated to his mind blowing musical career.
The following is a list of Michael Jackson's incredible achievements, his records and awards. This list does not contain every achievement and award because the King Of Pop has simiply achieved too many! For a better list of his awards and records
I will be updating this post with more records and i will add all the awards on to the list, so a massive list is coming.
*Youngest vocalist to top the U.S. singles chart (Guinness World Records 2006)
* "Thriller" released in 1982, later became the biggest selling album of all time selling 104 million copies. (Guinness World Records 2006/ SongBMG)
* First black artist on MTV, with the music video for "Billie Jean". (Wikipedia, History Books)
*Michael Jackson won more Grammy awards than anyone in one year. In 1984, he won 8 Grammy awards. (Guinness World Records 2006)
* Largest Ever Endorsement For Product Promotion - $15 million for Pepsi (Wikipedia)
*Guinness Book Of World Records 1993
Lifetime Achievement Award
* "Scream" is the most expensive music video ever made, costing $7,000,000 to make. (Wikipedia)
* In 1996, Michael Jackson released the longest music video. "Ghosts" was 35 minutes long. (Wikipedia)
* Highest paid entertainer of all time. (Guinness World Records 2006)
*Most successful entertainer of all time, selling 750 million units.(Guinness World Records 2006)
*The biggest audience ever was 133.4 million people watching Michael Jackson’s Super Bowl performance on June 31st 1993. (Guinness World Records)
*More awards won than any other artist. (Wikipedia)
* In 1983, Jackson became the first artist to hold the number one spot on Billboard’s rock album, rock single, R&B albums and R&B singles.
*Michael Jackson had a $890 million contract, earning around $1 Billion. (Guinness World Records)
*Jackson is the only male artist to replace himself at #1 ("Bad" replaced "I Just Can't Stop Loving You"). (Wikipedia)
* Jackson holds the record for the most Top 40 hits in the UK single charts in one year, registering 19 in 2006. (Wikipedia)
* Jackson has supported more charities than any other pop singer - 39 charitable organizations either with monetary donations through sponsorships of their projects or the participation in their activities. The charities involved include AIDS Project L.A., American Cancer Society , BMI Foundation, Inc., Child help USA, United Negro College Foundation, YMCA - 28th Street/Crenshaw, The Sickle Cell Research Fund. (Wikipedia)
* On November 14, 1991, Michael Jackson’s music video, Black Or White was broadcast simultaneously in 27 countries with an estimated audience of 500 million people. It is the largest audience ever to view a music video. (Wikipedia)
* Jackson has the record for the two best-selling VHS music videos ever released ("Moonwalker"  in first place, and "The Making of Michael Jackson's “Thriller"  in second place). (Wikipedia)
* Jackson's "Bad World Tour " (1987–1989) was the highest-grossing tour ever at the time, with over $125 million earned. This record was later broken by the "Dangerous World Tour" (1992-1993) and later broken again by the "History World Tour" (1996-1997), which stays to this day the biggest tour ever in terms of international attendance (4.4 million tickets outside of the USA)
* Michael Jackson's "This Is It" Tour in London has just become the fastest selling tour in history.
* 'This Is It' concert movie is the biggest selling concert movie of all time.
* Michael Jackson holds the record for the most American Music Awards won by one artist. (23)