Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson's Incredible Achievements.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Michael Jackson's Incredible Achievements.

The King, Michael Jackson has an amazing legacy and this thread is dedicated to his mind blowing musical career.

The following is a list of Michael Jackson's incredible achievements, his records and awards. This list does not contain every achievement and award because the King Of Pop has simiply achieved too many! For a better list of his awards and records

vist :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Records...ichael_Jackson

or http://www.allmichaeljackson.com/achievements.html

I will be updating this post with more records and i will add all the awards on to the list, so a massive list is coming.

*Youngest vocalist to top the U.S. singles chart (Guinness World Records 2006)

* "Thriller" released in 1982, later became the biggest selling album of all time selling 104 million copies. (Guinness World Records 2006/ SongBMG)

* First black artist on MTV, with the music video for "Billie Jean". (Wikipedia, History Books)

*Michael Jackson won more Grammy awards than anyone in one year. In 1984, he won 8 Grammy awards. (Guinness World Records 2006)

* Largest Ever Endorsement For Product Promotion - $15 million for Pepsi (Wikipedia)

*Guinness Book Of World Records 1993
    Lifetime Achievement Award

* "Scream" is the most expensive music video ever made, costing $7,000,000 to make. (Wikipedia)

* In 1996, Michael Jackson released the longest music video. "Ghosts" was 35 minutes long. (Wikipedia)

* Highest paid entertainer of all time. (Guinness World Records 2006)

*Most successful entertainer of all time, selling 750 million units.(Guinness World Records 2006)

*The biggest audience ever was 133.4 million people watching Michael Jackson’s Super Bowl performance on June 31st 1993. (Guinness World Records)

*More awards won than any other artist. (Wikipedia)

* In 1983, Jackson became the first artist to hold the number one spot on Billboard’s rock album, rock single, R&B albums and R&B singles.

*Michael Jackson had a $890 million contract, earning around $1 Billion. (Guinness World Records)

*Jackson is the only male artist to replace himself at #1 ("Bad" replaced "I Just Can't Stop Loving You"). (Wikipedia)

* Jackson holds the record for the most Top 40 hits in the UK single charts in one year, registering 19 in 2006. (Wikipedia)

* Jackson has supported more charities than any other pop singer - 39 charitable organizations either with monetary donations through sponsorships of their projects or the participation in their activities. The charities involved include AIDS Project L.A., American Cancer Society , BMI Foundation, Inc., Child help USA, United Negro College Foundation, YMCA - 28th Street/Crenshaw, The Sickle Cell Research Fund. (Wikipedia)

* On November 14, 1991, Michael Jackson’s music video, Black Or White was broadcast simultaneously in 27 countries with an estimated audience of 500 million people. It is the largest audience ever to view a music video. (Wikipedia)

* Jackson has the record for the two best-selling VHS music videos ever released ("Moonwalker" [1988] in first place, and "The Making of Michael Jackson's “Thriller" [1984] in second place). (Wikipedia)

* Jackson's "Bad World Tour " (1987–1989) was the highest-grossing tour ever at the time, with over $125 million earned. This record was later broken by the "Dangerous World Tour" (1992-1993) and later broken again by the "History World Tour" (1996-1997), which stays to this day the biggest tour ever in terms of international attendance (4.4 million tickets outside of the USA)

* Michael Jackson's "This Is It" Tour in London has just become the fastest selling tour in history.

* 'This Is It' concert movie is the biggest selling concert movie of all time.

* Michael Jackson holds the record for the most American Music Awards won by one artist. (23)
    Last edited by xo_lola_xo; 23-11-2009 at 07:06 AM.

" " A star can never die. It just turns into a smile and melts back into the cosmic music, the dance of life."
    I like that thought, the last one I have before my eyes close. With a smile, I melt back into the music myself" - Michael Jackson

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to xo_lola_xo For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Michael Jackson's Incredible Achievements.

What a record----and of course---there's more to come.
    Thanks for this.
    I love the one---Only artist to replace himself. Great
    Dawn

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registeredTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

wow
    Thank you for this...truly an amazing man.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I had no idea Moonwalker out sold the making of thriller!

Thank you for posting.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,167 Times in 1,335 Posts

Neither did I!

Can we maybe get salenumbers?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess

I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

Achievements:
    Three Friends25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

great post.....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z0XD5WmxUM <--- "The Way You make Me Feel Live Vs Video. Check it Out!

FOR YOU'RE ALWAYS,IN MY HEART
    ITS 2009 AND MICHAEL AND I ARE IN TOUR MODE
    MICHAEL IM COMIN 2 JAM WITH U ON JULY 13TH,2009

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hess View Post
    Neither did I!

Can we maybe get salenumbers?

I'll try hard to find the sale numbers for you.

" " A star can never die. It just turns into a smile and melts back into the cosmic music, the dance of life."
    I like that thought, the last one I have before my eyes close. With a smile, I melt back into the music myself" - Michael Jackson

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

The following is copied and pasted from wikipedia because it's too long to put into my own words. It's a list of Mr. Jackson's Awards.

Total Awards 3

Total Awards 1

Total Awards 8

Total Awards 2

Total Awards 1

Total Awards 9

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xo_lola_xo For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Total Awards 9

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xo_lola_xo For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

With Star No. 1,793 in front of Grauman's Chinese Theatre, Michael becomes the first celebrity to have two different stars dedicated to him, having received one as a member of The Jacksons in the 70's and 1980s on November 20.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xo_lola_xo For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,167 Times in 1,335 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DanceOfZenab1994 View Post
    I'll try hard to find the sale numbers for you.

Thanks vry much, would be very nice. I've never seen these figures before!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess

I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 187
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registeredTagger First Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I got some HIStory for yo a$$

Motown:
    *As a member of the Jackson 5, was the first act to have their first four singles reach #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and the first act to have their first seven singles reach #1 on the R&B chart.

*As a solo artist with Motown had five top forty Hot 100 singles, nine top forty R&B singles, three top ten singles, a #1 single in the US ("Ben") and in the UK ("One Day in Your Life").

Otherwise:
    *Of course the first solo artist to have four consecutive top ten singles off one album ("Off the Wall") surpassing records set by Marvin Gaye and Elvis Presley (I believe) among solo performers.

*The first artist to have seven top ten pop singles off one album ("Thriller"), which remains the most for a recording artist group or solo though "Born in the U.S.A." by Bruce Springsteen and "Rhythm Nation 1814" by Janet Jackson tied it.

*Eighteen number one US singles on the Billboard Hot 100/Hot R&B chart between 1979 and 1995 (thirteen number-ones on the pop and R&B apiece separately).

*Remains the only artist to have more number-one singles (5) off a single album ("Bad") between 1987 and 1988.

*One of the first black rock singers to be on the cover of Rolling Stone (in June 1971) after Tina Turner and Jimi Hendrix.

*Has appeared on more covers of JET than any other black notable on the magazine (41).

*One of the few artists inducted twice to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame - as member of the Jackson 5 (in 1997) and four years later as a solo act (in 2001).

*Inducted to the New York Songwriter's Hall of Fame in 2002.

*One of the first artists inducted to the UK Music Hall of Fame in 2004.

*Is tied in third place behind Marvin Gaye for the male artist with the most number-one R&B singles (Stevie is #1 with 20, James is #2 with 17; both Michael and Marvin have 13 #1 R&B hits each).

*One of the only artists to have a top ten Billboard Hot 100 hit and top ten R&B hit in four consecutive decades (1972-2001).

*Thanks to the accomplishment of "Thriller 25" hitting #1 on the Billboard Pop Catalog chart, Michael is one of the few acts to have a #1 Billboard album on any chart in four decades since 1979 when "Off the Wall" peaked at #1 on the Billboard R&B album chart.

"OK, first of all, I have this skin disorder that destroys the pigmentation of the skin. It's something that I cannot help. Okay? But when people make up stories that I don't wanna be what I am, it hurts me. It's a problem for me, okay? I can't control it. But let's reverse it. What about all the millions of people who sit out in the sun to become other than what they are?" -- Michael Jackson (1993)

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to troubleman84 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

^^ Wow, Thanks.

That's it, i'm stopping at 1984...lmao! He's won toooo many for my lazy a$$ to post!! Just go on wikipedia for the full list. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Michael_Jackson's_awards

When during the Victory Tour, Michael and Tito accept the NAACP's Dr. H. Claude Hudson Medal of Freedom Award and the 1984 Summer Olympics Medal of Friendship Award on behalf of the entire Jackson Family. in July
    • NAACP National Voter Registration Drive Honorary Co-Chairmen
      • The NAACP announces that Michael Jackson and his brothers have been named honorary co-chairmen of the civil rights organization's National Voter Registration Drive. Registration booths will be set up outside Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, venue of the Tour's opening concert. (July 4)
    • NARM (National Association Of Recording Merchandisers)
    • New Westminister Police Department Honorary Member
      • Michael Jackson is made an honorary member of the New Westminister Police Department while in British Columbia, Canada. Appointed PC 49, he swears as a police constable to 'serve the Queen and cause the peace to be kept and preserved'. (Nov. 18th)
    • People's Choice Awards
      • Best All Around Entertainer Of The Year
      • Favorite Video of the Year → Thriller
    • Presidential Special Achievement Award (U.S)
      • Presented at the White House by PresidentRonald Reagan to Michael Jackson in recognition of his contribution to the nation's campaign against drunk driving. Jackson's song "Beat It" was run in the ads. The inscription on the plaque reads: "To Michael Jackson with appreciation for the outstanding example you have set for the youth of America and the world. Your historic record-breaking achievements and your preeminence in popular music are a tribute to your creativity, dedication, and great ability. The generous contribution of your time and talent to the National Campaign Against Teenage drunk driving will help millions of young Americans learn that drinking and driving can kill a friendship." (May 14th)
    • The Sun (U.K. Newspaper):
    • United Kingdom: Presentation Casement Of PlatinumDisc 1985
    Total Awards 57

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xo_lola_xo For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

this is incredible.... and there's much to come

fan since February, 1993
    member since August, 2003

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

We are all proud of this amazing man God bless him

Michael Jackson is my drug. I'm addicted to him. He's very important to me. It's hard to explain how someone whom I have never met before can mean so much to me. I guess Michael won't be Michael if he's not that magical. MEHDI