Randy & The Gypsies

DuranDuran

Proud Member
Randy & The Gypsys

I don't know if anyone remembers this group, but my friend had the album. It came out in 1989

Love You Honey

Last edited:
I love Randy. I think he has a beautiful voice but as so happens with too many cooks, Randy is one that got out of the kitchen.

Wow, on the song "how can i be sure" I was thinking, "that isnt little Randy!!!!!" But he sounded different than i expected him to sound. It sounded good :yes:

Randy is one of my favorite Jacksons! Too bad he has only one album with the Gypsies

i remember researching this for a college project.

i love the album

The one above has been removed, so here is another one
[youtube]63S0MU_xjfg&fmt=18[/youtube]

Isn't it spelled Randy & The Gypsys?

Anyways, Randy is so so so so talented. The arrangements and his vocals are so amazing on the debut album.

Wished he continued a career in music.

Randy should have continued on with his music. I wonder why he stopped.

I bought that album a couple of years ago of Ebay. Its GREAT! Randy's voice is amazing. I think Randy should have gotten bigger.

Randy should have continued on with his music. I wonder why he stopped.

I think all the brothers dreamed of much bigger success and when they realized they couldn't achieve that, they gave up. It's a shame.

Tito is the only one that's been always playing music because he loves it, but he is yet to release an album.

I think all the brothers dreamed of much bigger success and when they realized they couldn't achieve that, they gave up. It's a shame.
They can still release music now if they wanted to. They can sign with a label like KOCH Records. They specialize in veteran artists that the major labels ignore. Granted, they won't get the mass promotion, but they're over a certain age, so they're not going to get radio play no matter what label they're on. Teens and young adults generally don't listen to the music their parents listen to or performers of their parents' generation or older.

They can still release music now if they wanted to. They can sign with a label like KOCH Records. They specialize in veteran artists that the major labels ignore. Granted, they won't get the mass promotion, but they're over a certain age, so they're not going to get radio play no matter what label they're on. Teens and young adults generally don't listen to the music their parents listen to or performers of their parents' generation or older.

Sure, but I think the problem with them is that they don't want to just make music for the fun of it. They wanted to have success of Janet's or MJ's magnitude, and when they realized they couldn't do it, they didn't care about making music anymore.
Do you think Randy has written and recorded any songs in the last 10 years? I doubt that.

A shame, really. Randy's album was really good, reading the story about how he completed the band and how it all worked out... damn.

I would love to talk to one of the brothers about their music and the reasons they stopped. Maybe this would open up their eyes just a little bit?

I got to talk to Will.I.Am personally, because I wrote a letter to him, analyzing his creative output. I did criticize some of his music and I think that's the reason why he wanted to talk about it.

-----------------

I hope Tito gets to release an album sometime in the future. I'm sure it will be good.

Sure, but I think the problem with them is that they don't want to just make music for the fun of it. They wanted to have success of Janet's or MJ's magnitude, and when they realized they couldn't do it, they didn't care about making music anymore.
Do you think Randy has written and recorded any songs in the last 10 years? I doubt that.

A shame, really. Randy's album was really good, reading the story about how he completed the band and how it all worked out... damn.

I would love to talk to one of the brothers about their music and the reasons they stopped. Maybe this would open up their eyes just a little bit?

I got to talk to Will.I.Am personally, because I wrote a letter to him, analyzing his creative output. I did criticize some of his music and I think that's the reason why he wanted to talk about it.

-----------------

I hope Tito gets to release an album sometime in the future. I'm sure it will be good.
I'm surprised someone wrote about the album and the group. I figured it was pretty obscure.

I'm surprised someone wrote about the album and the group. I figured it was pretty obscure.

Yeah, I've personally never heard about it until 2008. Did you know about this LP when it came out?

I quite like that album, One More Chance is one of my favourite tracks on Victory so listening to a "solo" album by Randy is a real pleasure.

Yeah, I've personally never heard about it until 2008. Did you know about this LP when it came out?

I quite like that album, One More Chance is one of my favourite tracks on Victory so listening to a "solo" album by Randy is a real pleasure.
I remember the album from the time, and that Video Soul were playing the videos. I don't recall the singles getting much radio play, but She from the 2300 Jackson Street album did get a lot of play on the local R&B stations. I wonder why Randy released his album the same time the brothers album came out. I wonder if Mike's Dangerous album would have been different if 2300 Jackson Street (the song) hadn't have been made, because Teddy Riley produced and co-wrote the song with the 4 brothers who were the group at the time. Teddy also produced She.

Back