Which is a better video Thriller or Ghosts

blaksheep4life

Proud Member
With an all most 10 yrs difference, Michael Jackson has always thrived to out do himself. So could there be a video better than Thriller? So do you think that Ghosts is a better video than Thriller?

I really think nothing is going to beat thriller. It's the best video of all times.

I do think that ghost is way better than thriller...The more Michael is older the better he is !!! (in every aspect..lol)

Both are brilliant. Thriller is legendary. Ghosts is a hidden gem and the content and underlying messages is Ghosts is MUCH more mature or 'heavy' to say.

The thing that bothers me is i have heard people say "well yeah Ghosts is cool, he is trying to do Thriller again though." I'm like WTF? a lot of people 'glance' at Ghosts and see the ghouls and the dancing style and assume Mike is just doing another Thriller when if they stopped and actually sit down and watched the film they would see it is much deeper.

Thriller video had the whole revolution of video, dance, fashion, to go along with it.

So....lol....my vote goes to Ghosts. I love the details and Michael putting his own frustrations and the parallels of his life into the film.

You're all right, but even if Ghost has a better achievement, and is technically superior, in my heart Thriller will always be the best ever. and nothing is going to change that.

We love all necessarily "Thriller". But what I like in "Ghosts" is that it is more biographical.

"Ghosts" is a masterpiece too but it's less commercial than "Thriller".

I prefer "Ghosts"

Last edited:
I love both of them.
And because I have seen thriller so many times I enjoy watching Ghosts more.
But I think if I would have seen Ghosts just as many times as Thriller, I think Thriller would be better.

Last edited:
Thriller is a classic, but I actually prefer Ghosts. I like the parallels to MJ's own life. I like the dancing, the songs, the story-everything. It really is a masterpiece, and it's too bad that so many people underestimate it or haven't even seen it just because Thriller was more of a commercial success.

Ghosts is so much more polished and the choreography is much more intricate and sophisticated.
Plus the special effects in Ghosts are fabulous.

I'd have to say Ghosts as well...because it has all the elements of a long form film....it's dramatic, sad and is also told with a great sense of humor too. More emotional and obviously more personal than Thriller.

yes there could be a better video than thriller lol..look @ smooth criminal and remember the time ( i kno they had nothin 2do with the thread title lol sorry)

n e whoz i loooooooooooove thriller. and i looooooooooove ghost. But i prefer thriller. ghost was bangin and the choreography and special effects were on point..but its just somethin about thriller that gets 2me more than ghost

Although I haven't seen the full short film of ghosts, just because its legendary, the first of its kind, and the dance is way beyond anything Ive ever seen any other perfomer do, its hands down, got to be. Michael Jackson's THRILLER.

Thriller is a classic and really can't be beaten, but i love ghosts the daning is harder and it is scarier. but i have to go with the classic - Thriller

It's an unfair comparison because Thriller isn't 40 minutes. If it was, it'd wipe the floor with Ghosts, I believe. Both videos are great for their purpose, though.

Thriller vs. SC makes more sense, and of those two I prefer SC.

It's a hard choice, but I'd have to say Ghosts. There's more of a story behind it, and as many have mentioned, there's the technology.

I can't really compare them. Thriller was about Thriller, and just Thriller and the story of the song. Where as Ghosts was a mish mash of several songs and seemed more like an actual film rather than a "short film" (you know music video, lol). Don't get me wrong the choreography and effects are superior, but, yeh, lol. Plus there will always be that comparison because one is zombies and one is ghosts. The same way people compare Smooth Criminal and YRMW. I forget where I was going with this.

Ghosts hands down is better than Thriller...its my favorite short film. I actually converted a little girl to a MJ fan by showing her Ghosts! Ghosts has better dancing, better effects, better storyline, Michael's acting is alot better, and the roller coaster ride of emotions it takes the viewer thru is more complex than with Thriller.

However, Thriller led to a cultural phenomena in which the music video was no longer a music video...for that it will always be a classic.

Definitely Ghosts! Based on how scared I was - Thriller scared me the first time I saw it, but never again. Now, Ghosts on the other hand scared me shitless 'till I was thirteen! That was just mindblowing! I LOVE Ghosts!

Definitely Ghosts! Based on how scared I was - Thriller scared me the first time I saw it, but never again. Now, Ghosts on the other hand scared me shitless 'till I was thirteen! That was just mindblowing! I LOVE Ghosts!
Ghosts might be better, but there is NOTHING scary about it. lol.

As far as editing, camera work, special effects and so on go, Ghosts is far better than Thriller. But the thing about Thriller is that it gives me much more of a happy/excited feeling than Ghosts does, and for that reason I think it is better. Ghosts may be a great video, but nothing can thrill me like Thriller :)

Back