MJ50 - Launch/Fan Party by Sony BMG - Sydney, AUS - Fans can chose tracklist

damien shields

Proud Member
Okay, so on MJ's 50th Bday Sony BMG are holding a party in Sydney for MJ fans and doing a MJ50 pack including the tribute album which FANS GET TO VOTE ON THE TRACK LIST FOR!

Right...

So here is my idea:

Why dont we vote for all the best tunes from Invincible, some killers from the other albums, but NOT just the songs that were "charting hits"

This is OUR choice... OUR album... and I know I am SICK of having the SAME songs on EVERY SINGLE BES OF!

Imagine a tracklisting including:

Unbreakable
Will You Be There
Blood On The Dance Floor
You Rock My World
Earth Song
Why You Wanna Trip On Me
Butterflies
Whatever Happens
Speechless
They Dont Care About Us
Stranger In Moscow

Rather than just the stock standard predicatble:

DSTYGE
Rock With U
Billie Jean
Beat It
Thriller
ect...

What do you guys think?
:)

Re: MJ50 - Choosing the Australian Tracklist - I HAVE AN IDEA!

I've ajusted the title breaking news is not a tracklisting for a fan event. It's for actual "Michael" or board News. Sony BMG is giving the party?

woops this isnt really breaking news is it lol!

i voted for:
Billie Jean
Will You Be There
Unbreakable
Butterflies
Speechless

(you can only pick 5)

I hope we dont go so stereotypical this time!!!

very interesting. thanks for the info.

I've ajusted the title breaking news is not a tracklisting for a fan event. It's for actual "Michael" or board News. Sony BMG is giving the party?

Oh, Shannon, I just messaged LJ to ask where to post about the party- the party is an official Sony BMG Australia party, and tickets just went on sale. :yes:

Coming to Melbourne?

EDIT: don't worry, i found the site.
All is good.

I voted for:

Workin' Day And Night
In The Closet
Stranger In Moscow
Ghosts
Don't Walk Away

YAY.
hope it goes well.

Last edited:

I don't even live in Australia, but I made up a postcode and voted anyway. :blush: I voted for Speechless, botDf, Stranger in Moscow, Earth Song, and Billie Jean.

That's awesome Writergirl! Thank you!

I voted:

Get On The Floor, For All Time, Will You Be There, Unbreakable and Heaven Can Wait. :D

Thanks for the news!
There's also a video on the website! That's exciting. :wild:

What's the 'hoyts cinema' thing supposed to be? The link doesn't even work.. lol..

Here are the songs I voted for:

Rock With You
Human Nature
Remember the Time
You Rock My World
Butterflies

I bought tickets to the party as well. It looks as though Jason will be performing there.

Hulk

I just went to the link and filled out the songs and wrote a message----only to be told there is "an error"
Will have to try later, maybe.
Dawn

AWW!!!---DARN IT----just realised, I will be in Sydney just a few days later--on 6th September. If I had known about this earlier, I would have altered my arrangements to include this for Michael.

Anyone got a bed to spare for 4'5 nights????
Dawn

Last edited:
Sydney Australia SONY Michael Jackson Birthday Party!!

http://www.mj50.com.au/

launchparty_title.jpg

You're invited to the ONLY official Australian launch party to celebrate Michael Jackson 50th Birthday at Club Swans, Potts Point - Sydney.

Be there are "Be Part of History" - Friday 29 August, 7.30pm at Club Swans. Limited tickets to this VIP event - Book Early, Tickets at Club Phone 80612300 or through Ticketek.

The performer of the night is Jason Jackson and this is what is on his blog:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=121261984&blogID=406654594
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE:

Jason Jackson invites you "to be a part of HIStory"...

Michael Jackson's birthday is on August 29.

Australia's own Michael Jackson Tribute Artist, Jason Jackson & SonyBMG are giving YOU, his Australian fans the chance to congratulate Michael on this great success and celebrate his birthday by choosing the track list for Michael's Australian Album "The King of Pop" that will be released on his birthday.

To Vote for your favourite Michael Jackson song by clicking on here www.mj50.com.au

You're invited to the ONLY Official Australian launch party to celebrate Michael Jackson's 50th Anniversary at Club Swans, 28 Darlinghurst Road, Kings Cross NSW, Sydney.

Be there and "Be Part of HIStory" Admission is only $45 and you will receive a very special MJ50 pack, consisting of Michael Jacksons new Album "The King of Pop" Limited Edition Australian 50th Anniversary CD plus a MJ50 Souvenir Key Ring - total value of $85 for only $45 giving you admission to this spectacular and memorable night.

See special Michael footage and a host of other very special moments including a live performance by The Jackson Experience - MJ Dance Spectacular & The Thriller Dancers that will help celebrate "The King Of Pop's" special day - Friday 29th August 2008, 7.30pm at Club Swans .

Limited tickets to this intimate VIP event - Book Early, Tickets available at Club Swans: Phone 02 8061 2300 or through Ticketek.

Here's the ticketek link- http://premier.ticketek.com.au/show...searchId=038698e8-46fa-4217-8b6c-11853aafbf7c

Tickets are $51.70 through Ticketek. :yes:

I have mine! :D

Oh, Shannon, I just messaged LJ to ask where to post about the party- the party is an official Sony BMG Australia party, and tickets just went on sale. :yes:

ahhaha opps I wasn't quick enough to reply, had a busy day at work sorry Marni

I want one in Melbourne, (Melb's better than Sydney anyway :innocent: )

oo thanks for merging- I wasn't sure if it should go in a separate thread or not. :unsure: *is braindead today*

So when's there going to be a party here in America? You know, where Michael is from? lol

^ when folks there organise one :lol:

We've had a few MJ events here in Aus :yes: They must go well for them to do repeats

Maybe I can contact Sony and ask them to do one in Melbourne damnit! They can have Paul Rizzo as the guest impersonator too :kickass2:

*goes away dreaming*

So when's there going to be a party here in America? You know, where Michael is from? lol
Yeah seriously!!
It feels like we get shafted all the time. :lol:
Almost all MJ-related events seem to happen around London :smilerolleyes:

That's why I am so happy there's one in Australia! You know, if I had some ciz-ash laying around, i would have organised one, but I am soooo glad Sony did! :clap:

Well that sounds good, would love to go if we can get a few Melbourne ppl together and get a hotel room together then id be cool with that !!

Friday 29th August :scratch: *looks up match fixture* Ooooh Swannies play Brisbane at the SCG on the Saturday night :eek:

anyone up for the party and then a trip to the footy the next night? :D

*eyes calendar* and then I come back to teach on the Monday :shifty:

*eyes wallet* hmm I'll have to think about this :lol:

i voted:
off the wall
stranger in moscow
the lady in my life
dirty diana
you rock my world

Last edited:
I just found this on SonyBMG's website:

http://www.sonybmg.com.au/news/details.do;.tomcat2?newsId=20030829005656

Choose The Tracks On Michael Jackson's 50th Birthday Album!
Michael Jackson turns 50 on August 29 and Sony BMG Music Entertainment, are giving his Australian fans the chance to congratulate Michael and celebrate with him by choosing the track list for Michael's new Australian album release 'King Of Pop'.
As of tomorrow, Saturday 21st June and for the next three weeks, fans will be able to go to www.mj50.com.au and vote for the tracks they want to appear on the 'King Of Pop' album - which will be released on Michael's 50th Birthday on August 29 2008.

They can also leave Michael a birthday wish - a selection of which will be forever immortalized as part of the limited edition album artwork!

Sony BMG Music Entertainment is proud to celebrate Michael's amazing career, with over 200 Million sales worldwide and over four million in Australia. What better way to celebrate this than with a new King Of Pop greatest hits package that uniquely has been voted for by his Australian fans.

In the first Australian fan-driven album of its kind, King of Pop will contain the top 30 tracks chosen from Michael's Australian fans, plus rare tracks from Michael's career and a never before released track plus a brand new "MegaMix" from the legendary Jason Nevins.

'King Of Pop' will be released in two editions. The first is a limited edition digi-pak that will feature selected voters names and messages left by the fans on the www.mj50.com.au site and a special fold-out poster that follows Michael through his illustrious musical career. The second edition will be a standard release of the album without the poster.

Go to www.mj50.com.au

It's a pity that something like this isn't being done elsewhere because this would finally be another compilation worth buying. I wonder what the 'never before released track' is.

Last edited:
Vote for WHO IS IT

:cool:
Who is it is one of Michael's best songs, but so underrated.
Everyone votes Who is it

I voted
Who is it
They don't care about us
Earth song
Blood on the dance floor
Butterfly

Back