Page 833 of 833 FirstFirst ... 333733783823831832833
Results 12,481 to 12,487 of 12487

Thread: Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 740
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryVeteranTagger First Class10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,493 Posts

Default Re: Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

This is indeed a 'wonderful' thread but can I say somewhat 'dark' :pirate: I don't think Michael found 'true love' as she would have been there in his 'last hour'

8 years later it still breaks my heart that probs Michael only 'quenched' his 'desire' to find 'true love' in his songs! The most 'Beautiful' love songs ever really!
    We can only 'fantasize' that t was cause of his fame or the 'evil' people he was surrounded with but yeah I can only 'wonder' if Michael had found 'love in the dark' maybe... just maybe he would still be here as she would have been there in his 'darkest' hour.

It just makes me think of my late Dad. He had found 'true love' as we were there in his 'last hour'

Soz for this reply but that is how I feel when the thread asks "Did MJ find Love in the dark? " or I could just have said
    "Nah, he sadly didn't and that is ONE of the reasons WHY we lost him TOO SOON" :busted:

MJJC Resident Writer
    www.mjjcommunity.com

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,098 Times in 500 Posts

I had actually forgotten about this thread. Thanks for the reminder guys

As far as the question of the thread is concerned - who knows really? Only Michael could have answered that one, only him..........but it is a lovely hope beyond all hope to believe that he did. Otherwise, it would all be soooo terribly unfair.

And btw of the question in the title of the thread - does it even matter where he found love, just as long as he had - in the dark, in the shadows, in the light, wherever. Plus, the whole dark business doesn't sound all that grand, does it? It just sounds........dark, for lack of a better word lol.

It would indeed be very sad if what Daz said was right - that the climax of his romantic life was found only in his songs. For someone soooo talented and who had been lonely for so much of his life, it would be terrible if all he did was singing and dreaming away about surreal joy without the personal experience to back him up and personally involve him. He would have been just like a master chef cooking amazing sweets and treats that everyone else gets to enjoy, while he doesn't get to taste any of it for himself. His songs after all are favorites among wedding organizers and some of them have even joined Barry White and Prince playlists for quality private times :P

One can only hope that the darkness of his life wasn't so dense and strong not to allow the light and joy of true love to make their permanent dwelling in his heart. Otherwise, it is very sad to think that he left this world without experiencing that most amazing, yet most elusive among all adult accomplishments - the building of a solid, deep and life-long connection between woman and man. But then again, it is quite logical to think that if he had found that truly special someONE in time, Michael would still be very much alive today..........
    Last edited by Girl; 29-04-2017 at 09:41 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Girl For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I always thought the reference to "dark" in the song title and in the original thoughts in this thread meant one of two things (and possibly both at the same time), and they are, one,

that like the initial meeting and friendship between Elliot and E.T. it began at nighttime when it was physically dark, and maybe just possibly, so it did with MJ and some girl, and, two,

like for as long as possible with Elliot and E.T. it was kept a secret (using that meaning of "in the darK" as well) so perhaps it was for MJ and this girl. The thread discussed the possibility that Mj gave hints of this special friendship/love in his lyrics so he would have a way to express his feelings about it without full on revealing the secret or bringing it completely "out of the dark"...and of course, have some nice lyrics to fill his love songs with in the bargain. He was a song writer who wanted to write good songs with good lyrics that his fans would enjoy. Don't you think?

The song for the E.T. storybook is about a long awaited friendship between a little boy, who just needed a special friend, and an alien/stranger who, while feeling so alone in a strange place, just needed a special friend.

This thread explored the possibility that MJ kept secret a long awaited and yearned for friendship of his own with some gal who he happened upon at some point in his life who was "a stranger". Did he literally first set eyes on her when it was night and dark outside? Who knows.

A special friend might mean a special friendship or one that is unique and not the norm. It might not have been romantic at all and her role may not have been one at the end of his life where she would be right there by him and able to help. He may have even taken pains to protect her and kept her away. Again, who knows?

And, he maybe didn't require a love romance/affair that most would picture and what would be personally fulfilling for them. He might have been just happy knowing she was out there somewhere having her thoughts pointing towards him, like E.T. towards Elliot even after he went back to his home planet.

Mj's life was often so so very complicated and busy and infested by not nice people making his life difficult and filling his time, he maybe would have had difficulty making some romantic relationship really work. His mind also was so often occupied with being creative, or with spiritual and deep things.

There have been accounts by some of his freinds that have said they would be having a conversation with him and suddenly he'd be "gone" with his mind far off from them. That's the mind of a creative genious, no doubt about that, and yet probably not the mind of someone who would feel "there" to a woman who was trying to maintain a close, intimate, romantic relationship with him. So, maybe that wasn't what was supposed to be for MJ. However maybe for him having a special friend somewhere out there might have worked better for him. And maybe writing the romantic love songs filled a need both creatively for him and maybe even in some way emotionally, because in his imagination/fantasy he got to play out the love affair in a way. Maybe after a little of that he'd be good and off lost in activity the kind that would stimulate his mind and spirit.

This thread always was suggesting that he wrote his love songs with someone, or a handfull of ladies, in mind. That's so commonly done even with song writers today. Everyone is always trying to figure out if the latest song by someone is about the person the individual is or was dating. I'm sure every interview Harry Styles, for example, will be facing at this time surrounding his new album release will be attempts to get that kind of information out of him. It's natural to pull from one's own life. So MJ might have pulled ladies from his real life to be muses for a song or two, but depict things in his songs that were more from his romantic fantasies in regards to the lady.

Consider the song, The Way You Love Me: he sings, "I like the way that you're holding me, ...loving me, touching me", etc... and then adds, "You'll see" which indicates the future, that he hasn't held her yet, or any of those other romantic things, but he is dreaming about when he will and is putting it in a song.

These are the kind of things this thread would talk about. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Lisha; 04-05-2017 at 10:26 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lisha For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 740
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryVeteranTagger First Class10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,493 Posts

I agree , it's so sad and grim really to think that Michael only found 'true love' in the fantasy of a song
    One can fret and say we weren't there and we are just guessing. If he had someone that truly madly deeply loved him then he would be here! :cheeky:

I know, I speak out of own experience as a 'single' creative person we are not 'easy' to love cause we can't 'numb' ourselves in this world :busted: We are like 'slaves' to our Muses lol and a 'marriage' or a 'true love' would be possible if the other half understood our need to create and and live for our creativity but that is quite a 'burden' we throw upon the one that loves us, right!

MJJC Resident Writer
    www.mjjcommunity.com

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Yes, Daryll748, you do seem to understand from a personal place the challenges. Thanks for sharing.

I do want to add that I no way wish to imply MJ didn't have dating relationships all through his life. I think he dated many. There has been enough to indicate that Mj enjoyed holding, kissing, carressing, etc, women and enjoyed female company very much. So I am not saying he -only- had a fantasy life regarding women. I think he had many real life experiences. Yet I do not think he wanted a lot of the time for those dating relationships to get all that serious. The girls might have hoped that, I suppose much of the time...MJ had that kind of effect on females, right? haha.

But in regards to one or two, maybe more, women who actually knocked him off of his feet to the point he felt he would like to fall in love with them and actually marry, I think the small handful of those women became the subjects of his love songs, and in those songs he sometimes imagined what it would be like to be with them because relationsips with them may not have been realized, or at least not to his satisfaction....the only exception, of course, being Lisa Marie, who he dated and sincerely fell for and got to marry. And when asked about it towards the beginning of the marriage how things were going, he replied, "Quite joyous so far." So we can be happy for him that he did get to experience that for a while, any way. (I've always thought Break of Dawn might have been about her).

But I would have to agree that he probably didn't have a real life deep close romantic relationship with someone special at the time he passed. He might have been dating a few gals though, lol.
    Last edited by Lisha; 10-05-2017 at 01:03 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I don't know if this is a right thread to place, but this is so funny, really

I wonder why he never did some comedy movies.

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Now I came across and watched korean science fiction series (they call it suspense drama or so) "W - Two Worlds". Is about "Is it possible to live in the same place at the same time but in a completely different dimension? " The interesting thing is that one world there is real and another one is a world of a comic book. Can't share a link as I watched it translated into other than english language (it was normal translation, not subtitles, so I could watch). I enjoyed the film, I hope someone will also do.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Magicgirl For This Useful Post: