Making of Thriller

jdigga1288

Proud Member
I haven't seen a topic about this (but I'm also new), but has anybody brought up the idea of re-releasing the Making of Thriller documentary as part of the Thriller 25 Promotion? That seems like a good idea to me. And for them to miss a chance to introduce this to a new generation, while also appealing to the original "Thriller generation" would be a travesty.

I must say that the making of thriller would have been a great addition, but the promotion for thriller 25 was good enough for a re re release of new material.

I really don't understand why they don't. I LOVE the Making of Thriller, it's soooooooooo good!!!!! Michael's so cute when he waves to those fans. :lol: but yeah, it's weird that it was released on video so why not DVD? :mellow:

They should release Ghosts too as that was released on vid but not DVD. I want to know why they don't? They'd make alot more money by releasing something like this rather than re releases of "Billie Jean" and "Beat It" videos over and over again.

E deluxe pack with Making of Thriller,Thriller,Making of Ghosts and Ghosts would be amazing! :D That would be special! :D

It does seem like a good idea and I too have wondered this myself. It could be packaged with the album itself. I mean why not, they repackage his material enough as it is? I own it on VHS (I recorded it years ago lol) but wouldn't mine owning a dvd copy. Its a really great little video.

Heck, they could even include a message from Michael about the album or something. That too would be a nice extra for the dvd or whatever. How bout a performance from one of the tours? Ok...I'm asking for too much now haha.

Well its something new (or re released) that I would actually consider purchasing.

OH MY GOSH, RockWithLou!!!!

I loooooooooooooooooooove your siggy! lol *SIGH*
:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

and I looooooooove the making of thriller! I watch it ALL THE TIME, lol...

ok, I'm done....lol

I think the reason it's not getting released is becuz of an ownership issue. I think it was said that a deal was made with MJ and MTV way back during the initial release of the video (1983) and in order for MJ to release it again, he needs MTV to agree to it...or something along those lines. Basically, he doesn't own it outright where he can put it out freely. He has to deal with other ppl to make it happen and perhaps they haven't been able to come to some kind ofagreement. Totally blows! :(

Last edited:
making of thriller was released by vestron international in the uk depends on who owns the rights to release it now vestron i think went bust at the end of the 80's

Back