The Beatles!

litia

Proud Member
U know I'm not a fan of the Beatles. I love Hey Jude and Let It Be but that's it. But for several days lately I've been watching their videos on Youtube and seen that their music's so diverse. LIke Helter Skelter, it's pure metal LOL, songs like Lady Madonna, A Hard Day's Night, DOnt Let Me Down,... are great too. I think it's time to reeducate myself about The Beatles LOL.
One of my friends suggest me buying Sergent Pepper Lonely Heart Club Band (?) (weird name ^). But I've come across a lot bunch of ppl who say Sergent Pepper is far from their best album and one of the most overrated album ever, they say Revolver (?) should take its place. I think I should get some advice from you ^^. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

I have no idea which is their best album or what should you buy.. I just came to say that I like them. :D

Last edited:
I have no idea which is their best album or what should you buy.. I just came to say that I like them. :D

LOL u know if they didnt have so many albums out there it wouldn't be such a problem. Maybe I'll start with Beatles One first :D. What're ur favorite songs of them?

U know I'm not a fan of the Beatles. I love Hey Jude and Let It Be but that's it. But for several days lately I've been watching their videos on Youtube and seen that their music's so diverse. LIke Helter Skelter, it's pure metal LOL, songs like Lady Madonna, A Hard Day's Night, DOnt Let Me Down,... are great too. I think it's time to reeducate myself about The Beatles LOL.
One of my friends suggest me buying Sergent Pepper Lonely Heart Club Band (?) (weird name ^). But I've come across a lot bunch of ppl who say Sergent Pepper is far from their best album and one of the most overrated album ever, they say Revolver (?) should take its place. I think I should get some advice from you ^^. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
I'd go with Revolver or The Beatles (better known as The White Album). My personal fave is Meet The Beatles though. But that is more their early sound. The idea about Sargent Pepper was that "The Beatles" were so famous that the group wanted to make an album as someone else. At the time there were a lot of psychedelic bands with names like Strawberry Alarm Clock, ? and the Mysterians, Jefferson Airplane, etc. So they decided to have a weird name also and came up with "Sargeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band". The original album was credited to them and not The Beatles. This is why they're wearing these marching band outfits on the cover. They were all supposed to have names, but Ringo was the only one whose "name" is mentioned. He's "Billy Shears". After recording a few songs, the "Sgt. Pepper" songs idea was scrapped, so most of the songs on the album have nothing to do with the original concept. The "Sgt. Pepper" album was considered groundbreaking at the time, because back then there were only 4 track consoles and not the 36 or 48 track consoles of today. It was a long slow process. In the 60s the average act released 3 or 4 albums a year and they were recorded very quickly. The Beatles 1st album took only 12 hours to record. This album took about 7 months to make, because all of the effects and the way it had to be recorded with only four track machines. During the late 60s, there was this rumor that Paul died in a car wreck and the group was using a lookalike (who also happened to sound like Paul, lol), and "Sgt. Pepper" was one of the albums that was used as "proof", because of clues contained in the songs and cover artwork.

LOL u know if they didnt have so many albums out there it wouldn't be such a problem. Maybe I'll start with Beatles One first :D. What're ur favorite songs of them?
Hmm.. Well of course I like the classics like Hey Jude, She loves you, Help etc. etc.
They have so many good songs! I don't actually have any specific favourite.. though Drive my car is pretty good one! One of my ultimate favourites :yes:

Last edited:

The Beatles are the greatest band of all time, their my favorite band (I link Jackson 5/Jacksons to Michael as a solo artist to they are the greatest in that sense).

My favorite Beatles album is Revolver,followed by Magical Mystery Tour, The White Album and Abbey Road. In fact all The Beatles albums are amazing.

One of the great things about The Beatles is that they never released singles from there albums. So if you want great songs like Paperback Writer/Rain and Lady Madonna etc then you will have to by greatest hits albums.

I knew every single Beatles song before I started listing to them when I was was 16, because my mother was a fan of theirs in the 1960's.

Check out www.thebeatles.com

Last edited:
One of the great things about The Beatles is that they never released singles from there albums.
There were singles released from their albums - if you count the USA versions, lol. The Beatles didn't like their albums chopped up in this way, so this is how the infamous "butcher babies" album cover came about.
Image_Beatles_Butcher_Album_Cover_001i.jpg

Last edited:
Best Beatles albums

Early period

Please Please Me
A Hard Day's Night
Help!

From the later period, I'd recommend anything from Rubber Soul through Let it Be. They couldn't do any wrong during that period in their music career. The best albums to pick up, though (for a newbie) are Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, or Abbey Road. I'd also throw The White Album in there for good mix, although pick up any of the other albums I mentioned first, because TWA tends to take a while to sink in.

Happy listening! :)

Last edited:
Here's some good solo songs:

George
Pure Smokey (this is a dedication to Smokey Robinson)
When We Was Fab
Isn't It A Pity
My Sweet Lord

John
Whatever Gets You Through The Night
Bless You
Cold Turkey
Beautiful Boy

Paul
Goodnight Tonight
Coming Up (live version)
Let Me Roll It
Let Em In

Ringo
Photograph
You're 16
It Don't Come Easy
Liverpool 8

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I'll have a lot to do on Youtube the next days :lol: Seem I should get "1" and Revolver first :yes:

Last edited:
Free As A Bird - one of the reunion songs from 1995 - is a nice song also, and the video for it is cool. But it (the video) would make more sense to someone familiar to the group. Regardless, it's a well made video.

Beatle Art

Stuart Sutcliffe (early bassist)
wa037.jpg

Ringo Starr
Snails%20Eye.jpg

Paul McCartney
16824649-16824651-large.jpg

John Lennon
539w.jpg

27322938-27322939-slarge.jpg

On September 9, 2009, after a nearly 22-year wait, digitally remastered versions of all of the Beatles studio albums will be released, a press release has confirmed. Each album will feature the track listings and artwork as it was originally released in the U.K. and come with expanded booklets including original and newly written liner notes and rare photos. For a limited time, each of the Fab Four’s 12 proper albums will be “embedded” with a brief documentary about its making. The rereleases will include the Beatles’ 12 studio albums and Magical Mystery Tour as well as Past Masters Vol. I and II, which will be packaged as one collection. All 14 discs will be available with DVDs of the documentaries in a stereo box set, and a set titled The Beatles in Mono featuring 10 discs will also be released.

A crew of engineers at London’s Abbey Road Studios have spent four years working on the remasters using new technology and vintage equipment, the press release says, in an effort to preserve “the authenticity and integrity of the original analogue recordings” and ensure “the highest fidelity the catalog has seen since its original release.”

9/9/09 promises to be a huge day in Beatles lore, as it’s the same day The Beatles: Rock Band will hit stores. This weekend brought a bit of Beatles news, too, as Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr reunited onstage at a New York benefit for David Lynch’s Transcendental Meditation foundation (see photos here). Preorders for the remasters are already popping up on Amazon.co.uk. Demand for Beatles remasters has steadily increased since 1987, when Capitol/EMI first released the Beatles’ discography on CD with what many audiophile fans deemed substandard sound quality compared to the original vinyl.

While it seems like other artists remaster their entire catalog every several years, Capitol/EMI have barely touched the Beatles’ discography since 1987, with the exception of 2004’s The Capitol Albums, Vol. 1 box set, which compiled and remastered the band’s first four American releases in stereo and mono formats. The soundtrack for the Beatles’ Love show also gave listeners a brief tease of how fantastic the band’s songs would sound if properly remastered.

The Beatles in Mono will include the 10 albums originally mixed for mono release, as well as two additional discs the press release says features similar songs to those on the Past Masters compilations. The mono versions of Help! and Rubber Soul will boast bonuses: the albums’ original 1965 stereo mixes, which have not been previously released on CD, per the press release. The mono collection, like the stereo one, will include all original inserts and label designs, and the CDs are designed as tiny vinyl replicas.

The press release didn’t include news regarding a possible deal with iTunes or another digital-music vendor to distribute the catalog digitally: “Discussions regarding the digital distribution of the catalog will continue. There is no further information available at this time,” the press release reads. Both Apple Corps. and Paul McCartney have expressed reluctance to release the Beatles’ music digitally until all the albums had been remastered. The solo work of each of the four Beatles is available on iTunes.

The Beatles Remasters:

Please Please Me
With the Beatles
A Hard Day’s Night
Beatles for Sale
Help!
Rubber Soul
Revolver
Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
Magical Mystery Tour
The Beatles (The White Album)
Abbey Road
Let It Be
Past Masters
Yellow Submarine

Rolling Stone.com

Box Of Vision
6130.JPG

image_artbook.jpg

bigbookflips.jpg

BUILT TO STORE THE CD REMASTERS!
THE BEATLES BoxOfVision is a unique new product. The elegant black, linen-covered box, with silver embossed BEATLES logos, and 'faux' BEATLES LP spines, contains three separate never before available books.
An LP sized book containing all of THE BEATLES album artwork, collected together for the very first time.
The brand new Catalography guide to THE BEATLES catalog of albums.
The patented BoxOfVision storage book for organizing and displaying your collection of BEATLES CDs -- including the digipaks for the upcoming Remastered CD's. CD's and digipaks not included -- insert your own collection, originals and/or remasters).
For the first time ever -- all of THE BEATLES LP artwork in a single hard cover coffee table book.

Close to 200 pages of newly restored, pristine LP art prints.
Front covers, back covers and gatefold artwork for all of the original UK studio albums, from PLEASE PLEASE ME to LET IT BE. All of the unique US studio albums from MEET THE BEATLES to HEY JUDE.
The complete LP size booklets from Magical Mystery Tour, as well as the rarely seen LP size booklets from LET IT BE... NAKED, and LOVE.
And some additional surprises.
Product begins shipping late August, 2009.

overview.jpg

“Box Of Vision” Presents The Beatles - On Your Coffee Table
April 2, 2009

Former Capitol Records COO Jonathan Polk speaks to ClassicRockForever about his stunning new Beatles “Box Of Vision” which was recently previewed at The Fest For Beatles Fans in New Jersey to a very enthusiastic audience.

CRF: So, we’ve seen the product on your website… it looks gorgeous. It’s actually 3 books in one …isn’t it?

JP: Exactly. The one that is getting the most attention here, and rightly so, is the album artwork book. It’s the first coffee table book to contain all of THE BEATLES’ album artwork– both the UK and US versions– and its all newly restored, pristine, LP size prints.

CRF: When you say album artwork, you’re not just talking about the front covers …you’re talking about back covers, inside artwork, booklets – the works.

JP: Correct, virtually everything that was included in the original LPs. The entire Magical Mystery Tour booklet, for example. The expanded LP size artwork and booklets from all of the CD era releases– so people like you and I can finally read the liner notes without going blind! It’s 200 pages of brilliantly restored art.

CRF: You said “restored” artwork. It’s the best I’ve seen – with or without the reading glasses. It seems better than what the CDs themselves have …and these are all LP size. How were you able to accomplish that one?

JP: Well, under license from Apple Corps Limited, I was allowed to restore the original artwork, using a number of archival sources… being careful to stay true to the original art but, using current technology to bring out the best in the prints.

CRF: I bet that was a long and winding – nope, I’m not going to make the first lame “song-pun”. Let me rephrase – I bet it took a lot of time and work….

JP: It did, but if you look at the result, it was worth it. All I have heard from people here all weekend– and these are devoted Beatle fans who have seen everything– is “wow” and “this is fantastic.” So I know we succeeded.

CRF: Now the second book is a discography of sorts?

JP: Yes. We call it “Catalography” and it is a presentation and walk through the UK and US Beatles catalogs in photos and text– showing side-by-side the corresponding albums and track-listings, explaining what is different and why.

CRF: That’s great because even the most devoted fans get confused once in a while… including a definitive guide is a nice touch.

Yes. And I must point out that the text was written by Bruce Spizer, the noted Beatles authority and author.

CRF: And tax attorney…

JP: Yes, in New Orleans. He is a great guy and he did an incredible job here.

CRF: And finally, the third book is a CD storage book.

JP: Right… I designed and patented a unique storage book organizing and displaying the entire Beatles core catalog– all 32 CDs and CD booklets. If you go to our website, www.boxofvision.com there is a virtual tour that shows you how this works– how all of the discs and booklets –even digipaks– can be stored and displayed on five sleek page spreads.

CRF: And this whole package, all three books – ok, I can’t resist - come together - in a coffee table “Box.”

JP: Yes. It all comes in an elegant, black linen-covered box, 13 inches high and wide, 3 inches deep. On the front is a beautiful new print of the iconic Robert Freeman photo used for the With the Beatles and Meet the Beatles album covers– and on the spines, something that got a lot of great reaction here, are “faux” LP spines that makes the box look like your collection of BEATLES LPs.

CRF: When we talked in the past, I was under the impression that this was going to sell for a few hundred dollars but you’re actually selling this whole package–all three books, in the box– for $64?

JP: It’s for a limited time. The product will not be released until August, so that price is for pre-orders. That price is only good until April 30, after which the price will go up significantly. Of course, no ones credit card gets charged until their Box ships in August. Even better, for an even more limited amount of time we are selling an individually numbered limited edition for the same $64 price.

I want this product to become an essential piece for every Beatles fan– which I think it is, for the artwork book alone. I wanted it to be priced so it was in reach of as many fans as practical. And while I’m doing market research in anticipation of a broad release in the fall, I decided to make it a “steal”– something I’ve heard quite a few fans saying. And anyone who goes to www.boxofvision.com and pre-orders before May 1, can take advantage of the discounted price.

CRF: I hope my kids read this because Father’s Day is coming

JP: That reminds me! When you buy the Box as a gift, we have an e-card you can send whenever you want to tell them what you bought them– and it embodies our virtual tour so they can see it as well….

CRF: One last thing - “64” – real clever.

JP: Yep…I couldn’t help myself either.

I have always loved a few Beatles songs because I never listened to them too much in the past. But now, I am listening to much more from videos on Youtube. I love several songs now and the one that I am currently in love with right now is In My Life. It is such a beautiful song.

Beatles Reveal 'Rock Band' Details At E3

The surviving members of the Beatles unveiled new details about their upcoming "Rock Band" videogame at the E3 videogame conference in Los Angeles.

Joined by Yoko Ono Lennon and Olivia Harrison, Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr disclosed 10 of the 45 songs expected in "The Beatles: Rock Band" when it comes out Sept. 9.

The tracks are "I Saw Her Standing There," "I Want To Hold Your Hand," "I Feel Fine," "Taxman," "Day Tripper," "Back In The USSR," "I Am The Walrus," "Octopus's Garden," "Here Comes The Sun" and "Get Back."

Additionally, they said the entire "Abbey Road" album will be available for purchase and download, as will other tracks from the band's catalog, after the game's release, and "All You Need Is Love" will be released exclusively for Xbox 360 users as a downloadable song the day the game hits retail shelves. The proceeds of the single will be donated to Doctors Without Boarders.

Different venues played by the Beatles will be recreated for the game, including the Cavern Club in Liverpool (where they got their start), the Ed Sullivan Show, Shea Stadium and the Budokan in Japan.

The game will take fans into the studio experience after the band stopped touring through "artistic visual expressions known as Dreamscapes, intended to transport players to the imaginative environments that capture the essence of The Beatles' genre-busting musical and fashion transformations during their later years," according to the release.

From a gameplay perspective, the release will break from existing music-based games that allow for only one singer, and add three-part vocal harmonies. Content will also include previously unreleased recordings of the bandmates talking between takes during studio sessions recorded at Abbey Road.

A demo version of the game is available for attendees of the E3 conference to play.

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/beatles-reveal-rock-band-details-at-e3-1003978396.story

100584-beatles4_617_409.jpg

by Ed Christman, N.Y.
September 09, 2009 9:11 EDT

Could a band that broke up in 1970 really become the best-selling act of the decade?

The Beatles might just pull it off, thanks to EMI Music's September 9 release of their remastered catalog. Eminem currently reigns as the best-selling artist of the decade, with sales of 32 million albums in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan, followed by the Fab Four with 28.2 million. The Eminem catalog is sure to pick up more sales by year's end, thanks in part to the continued strong performance of his May release "Relapse," which has sold 1.4 million copies.

Beyond the fan excitement generated by the first remastering of the entire Beatles catalog in more than 20 years, sales will also benefit from the massive marketing push behind MTV Networks' video game "The Beatles: Rock Band," which will be released on the same date. Sources say the game is backed by a $20 million-$25 million advertising campaign, which includes the value of advertising on TV networks owned by MTV parent Viacom. That will provide consumers with a timely refresher course on their favorite Beatles songs -- and perhaps prompt many of them to pick up a newly minted remaster.

EMI is banking on the legendary band to be a strong seller through the year-end holidays. The label is shipping 4 million copies worldwide on street date, including 1.9 million in the United States. The catalog relaunch will also get its own $1 million-$2 million TV advertising campaign, which will include spots on key cable networks like ESPN, TNT, TBS, TV Land, USA Network and MSNBC. Sources say that the primary spend will be at MTV's fellow Viacom sibling Nickelodeon as part of an effort to turn the network's young, game-playing audience into Beatles fans.

And just in time for the start of the holiday shopping season, sources say ABC is planning to air a two-hour prime-time special on Thanksgiving night that will feature Beatles footage and contemporary artists performing Beatles songs.

SoundScan sales tallies of the remastered Beatles albums could be diluted somewhat by a boxed set that includes all of the remastered titles in stereo and a collectible monophonic boxed set of the Beatles albums originally released in mono. According to sources, EMI is shipping worldwide about 150,000 copies of the stereo boxed set and 40,000-50,000 copies of the mono set. Each U.S. sale of either multidisc set will count as only one SoundScan sale, however, which could deflate total unit sales.

Even though EMI has ramped up production of both boxed sets, consumers may find them tough to find initially. Amazon, which took preorders on both versions, says it's sold out based on its initial allocations but is encouraging customers to continue preordering the sets, promising to let them know when more are available. After initial shipments are sold out, sources say the stereo boxed set -- expected to be a popular Christmas gift purchase -- won't be back in stock until late September. The mono set is expected to be back in stock in mid-October.

GAUGING CONSUMER INTEREST

In a year when U.S. album sales are down 14.7 percent to date from the same period last year, sources project the Beatles reissues to generate first-week U.S. sales of more than 500,000, with first-month sales expected to reach 1.3 million. But after that initial burst of fan excitement, how will consumers respond to the marketing of a remastered catalog?

During the '80s and '90s, remastering campaigns provided labels with a reliable means of goosing sales of older titles. Recently, the marketing of catalog reissues has focused less on improved sound quality than on the inclusion of previously unreleased recordings and other bonuses.

None of the Beatles reissues will feature previously unreleased tracks, although in an apparent nod to the need for bonus material, mini-documentaries on each Beatles album will be included in early copies of individual reissue titles and in the stereo boxed set.

It isn't clear whether improved sound will be much of a draw for young music fans, many of whom listen to music through MP3 players and computer speakers.

"Although the sound is different, the songs are the same, so I doubt the kids of today will give a hoot about the remasters, unless the 'Rock Band' game has a positive influence," says Chuck Thatcher, VP of retail at Music City, the Nashville-based parent of the seven-store Cat's Music chain. "I hope the label works the radio stations for airplay of the remasters. That could have an impact on the younger generations."

In addition, some retailers and industry executives question the wisdom of releasing the new Beatles reissues all at once, expressing concern that the simultaneous release of so many titles could dilute sales for certain individual albums. In the late '80s when EMI finally released the entire Beatles catalog on CD, the label staggered the albums' arrival, putting out at most only a few titles at a time and, in the minds of some industry observers, helping extend consumer demand beyond just perennial top sellers like "Abbey Road" or "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band."

"I am more of a fan of the staggered release because fans don't have unlimited wallets and to go buy 13 CDs in a single scoop is expensive," says Carl Mello, head of purchasing at Newbury Comics. "Also, with the staggered release, you are giving fans a reason and a date to come back into the stores."

At the same time, a senior distribution executive points out that by releasing all of the Beatles' titles at the same time, EMI can get more bang for its advertising dollars by amortizing the expense over a larger revenue base. Furthermore, the simultaneous release of all of the titles in conjunction with that of "The Beatles: Rock Band" -- and its multimillion-dollar ad campaign -- has already created a full-fledged media event that's also generated an additional wave of free publicity.

CHRISTMAS GREETINGS FROM THE BEATLES

Brick-and-mortar merchants are viewing the Fabs' catalog relaunch as an early Christmas gift that will help push consumers into their stores to buy CDs. That's because the Beatles are among a small number of major acts that still don't make any of their albums available as digital downloads.

While Apple and EMI have discussed releasing the Beatles through iTunes, EMI doesn't have any immediate plans to sell the Beatles' music digitally, sources say, despite speculation that a deal might be announced September 9, when press-savvy Apple has scheduled a press conference to make an iPod-related announcement.

But the band has done quite well sales-wise without embracing downloads. Despite its absence from iTunes, now the top U.S. music retailer, the Beatles' 2000 hits collection "1" is the best-selling album of the decade, while the Cirque du Soleil-related "Love" album has sold nearly 2 million copies and certain individual catalog titles like "Rubber Soul" and "The Beatles" (The White Album) have sold more than 1 million each since the start of the new millennium, according to SoundScan.

Another factor fueling the Beatles' rise during this decade could be the burgeoning strength of catalog sales, which have grown from 34.4 percent of total album sales in 2000 to 41.8 percent in 2008. So far this year, catalog sales account for 46.2 percent of overall album sales.

The Beatles are also the second-best-selling act of the SoundScan era in the United States, with album sales of nearly 58 million copies since SoundScan's launch in May 1991. Country star Garth Brooks is No. 1, with sales of 69.3 million.

Like the Beatles, Brooks doesn't make any of his albums available for purchase as downloads. Coincidence? Some market watchers believe the ability to buy individual tracks cannibalizes album sales. While that may be true to some extent, most executives don't believe it explains the sales superiority of the Beatles or Brooks, which can each count on the loyalty of huge fan bases.

"One could even argue how much bigger they would be if they were available digitally, particularly now, with iTunes accounting for 25 percent of the U.S. market," says one distribution executive, who also made an observation echoed by other executives.

"The fact that they are No. 2 for this decade," he says, "is due to the power of the Beatles."
http://www.billboard.com/#/news/the-beatles-here-there-and-everywhere-except-1004010092.story

If you need any advice about what to listen to, I am THE Beatles expert!!!! lol

I'd start with Please Please Me, then keep going in chronological order to Let It Be...don't forget about the Past Masters (singles not released on albums)!!! Some of the stuff might be hard to understand at first, so I'd explore. You can start wherever you want, mine was just a suggestion. But if you want to experience the growth of the Beatles, I'd start from square one -- 1963.

PM me if you'd like.

Beatles has no best album.
Lots of them are really good, but only you decide wihch one's your favourite...

Sgy. Pepper = Not their best album

Revolver is considered to be their best album. I like it.

But my fave is A Hard Day's Night. I can listen to that album straight through, like I can with Thriller.
I never did buy that CD. I was waiting all this time for better sounding CDs because the 87 versions didn't sound that great. I just have the US vinyl version, in which half of it is George Martin instrumentals. The American albums were totally chopped up from the European versions. The group didn't like that and that's why they did that infamous "Butcher" album cover.

Here's how I would rate their albums...

Please Please Me - 8/10
With the Beatles - 7,5/10
A Hard Day’s Night - 10/10
Beatles for Sale - 7/10
Help! - 9/10
Rubber Soul - 9,5/10
Revolver - 10/10
Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band - 10/10
Magical Mystery Tour - 8,5/10
The Beatles (The White Album) - 9/10
Yellow Submarine - 3/10
Abbey Road - 9/10
Let It Be - 7/10

I never did buy that CD. I was waiting all this time for better sounding CDs because the 87 versions didn't sound that great. I just have the US vinyl version, in which half of it is George Martin instrumentals. The American albums were totally chopped up from the European versions. The group didn't like that and that's why they did that infamous "Butcher" album cover.

I know! I don't own a copy of the American version of AHDN, but trust me, the UK version is worth it!
I also have the Capitol Albums Volumes 1 and 2, which were remastered and released in 2004/2005. They're not as good as the UK ones, for sure!

And I have two of the remastered albums on stereo and they sound GREAT! I can't wait to get AHDN remastered...

Oh man. I like the Beatles, a lot. I am not like...HUGE fan though. I don't have any of their CDs or anything. I have just always thought some of their music was funky, and some was beautiful.

I will always be in love with 'Yesterday'. But so will like, 90% of the worlds population probably. Beautifully written, beautiful instrumental, beautiful singing. :heart:

Oh man. I like the Beatles, a lot. I am not like...HUGE fan though. I don't have any of their CDs or anything. I have just always thought some of their music was funky, and some was beautiful.

I will always be in love with 'Yesterday'. But so will like, 90% of the worlds population probably. Beautifully written, beautiful instrumental, beautiful singing. :heart:
I kinda like En Vogue's version better than The Beatles. They do something different to it like Earth Wind & Fire did to "Got To Get You Into My Life".

Yeah, I agree w/ pretty much everything duranduran's said, lol. DD, have you bought or are you going to buy either of the box sets? (or both??). If you were recommending one to buy based on sound quality, which would you go w/, stereo or mono? Most of the reviews I've read say that Mono is better because it's the quality that George Martin used and put much time and energy in, opposed to stereo, which was in its infancy stages and mixed by George's underlings. And that the Beatles mixed them in Mono, so that's how they're supposed to sound, and therefore the closest representation to what took place in the studio. Do you agree w/ any of this, or do you think it's just music snobbery and that the two mixes sound the same (or do you prefer stereo?). I've read a few comments @ amazon's boards preferring one over the other, and countless mono-fans swearing by mono.

i've listened to mixes on youtube and mono sounded better, but it wasn't an official mix (i think the user was 'theonebeatle' who posted/mixed them; not quite sure how one does that). i've tried finding posts of the 09 remasters of the same song to compare, but accuracy is very difficult because different people post them, which may affect the sound. anyways any thoughts on the subject?

Back