The SIngle Edits are a disgrace!

giddyup87

Proud Member
unlistenable on the KOP CD, badly mixed and the They Don't Care About Us edit is amateurish (if that's a word, lol)

i hope Michael never listens to them.

I thought they were just the same as the original single edits on the singles etc. Are they actually different edits for this compilation? :unsure:

i'm very happy with the UK one disc.. the first time the true Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 45 has been issued on CD.

lol, if we only stated what we could ourselves not much would be said on a forum.

i can make an observation, since they do sort of undermine his songs a touch.

yeah i know its terrible, its like a world disaster...
but if you want to listen to the full versions, you can just grab the album where its on right?

yeah i know its terrible, its like a world disaster...
but if you want to listen to the full versions, you can just grab the album where its on right?

sorry, i feel passionate about an artists work and how it's used, i have no problem with single edits... just do it properly. They sound rushed, no thought involved.

you could have given a proper response and i would have respected it , instead you choose to be rude and sarcastic.

sorry, i feel passionate about an artists work and how it's used, i have no problem with single edits... just do it properly. They sound rushed, no thought involved.

you could have given a proper response and i would have respected it , instead you choose to be rude and sarcastic.

okay dude, im sorry if i offended u, please accept my apologies

I always thought that the edits on "Number Ones" seemed a bit amateurish as well. Maybe they used the same edits.

Because it was 7 euros and it is a Michael Jackson product.
of course mj fans buy this i also want every mj product so also i want the kingofpop (wish i wa srich enough to collect each countries cd lol)
and in holland some fans have their names in the cd booklet so they re even more curious to buy ti and see if they can find their name lol:punk:

actually they are all official edits either released at the time the singlle was out or created especialy for some compilations (like Thriller 2003 edit and Ben Live 2003 edit for Number Ones)

I think WBSS 7 edit is the worst lol.

Actually this is the FIRST time the single version of WBSS has been released on CD. The Essential Collection and the Thriller single set included a very poorly edited album version. The LP Edit of They Don't Care About Us is nothing new, either. It's just a poor edit and I don't know why they included it. The Thriller Edit isn't actually a "2003" edit either. It's one of the US single versions that when released on promotional radio vinyl was simply called "Thriller w/Rap."

So, there was no re-editing done on this set. The only one I can complain about is Off The Wall on the Japanese collection. It's just the album version faded early (like on the Essential Collection) instead of the true single remix.

Well, WBSS edit was released on the Thriller Japanese Single Coolection box set too.

nope that was fake!

it was edited down from the album version and made to time out and sound like the 45 - except they got it wrong, there is a split second where it is clearly incorrect. the same bogus edit appeared on The Essential Collection in 2005.

Last edited:
The TDCAU version on this album is indeed terrible. Why they hasn't simply used the sencored version instead of making this amateurish re-edit of the song is beyond my imagination. I had to rewind and listen to it two times before I actally belived what I was hearing. It's out of sync, and sounds like a 14-year old could have done better.

Back