Kanye West - Love Lockdown [Official Video Premiere on Ellen]

Yeah... I'm not feeling it after one listening.
There are some parts that have nice beat, I hope this gets better after more listenings.

Hated that remix lol

I have a Love/Hate thing goin on with Love Lockdown. Because I hate how Kanye is going into mainstream soo much! Using autotune is just following in the steps of Lil Wayne and the idiot T-Pain. Im going to buy 808s & Heartbreak, will more than likely be auto tuned out to the max. On the other hand I love Love Lockdown coz of the lyrics n the fact that its a kanYe song haha

Hated that remix lol

I have a Love/Hate thing goin on with Love Lockdown. Because I hate how Kanye is going into mainstream soo much! Using autotune is just following in the steps of Lil Wayne and the idiot T-Pain. Im going to buy 808s & Heartbreak, will more than likely be auto tuned out to the max. On the other hand I love Love Lockdown coz of the lyrics n the fact that its a kanYe song haha

Look, we think much like the same since I don't like the direction Kanye's taking nowdays neither.
That's why I made that remix, because I wanted to fully extend where in my mind he should've kind of taken the beat if he should use such an mainstream (read: annoying) vocal tuning.
I'd never remix "Jesus Walks" nor "Notorious BIG - Juicy" for an exemple, since they're already perfect as they are and shouldn't be touched.
When I make a remix, I want to take it in a total different direction because that is what I think is the whole meaning of making a remix.
I know (obviously) everyone can't love what I do, but so goes for everyone else also.
Look, I really dislike Soulja Boy's music, I think it's pure garbage and is just polluting the world... so goes with T-Pain... and on the commercial dance market I can't understand how Basshunter have over 50 million views on youtube.
With that said, they all must be doing "something right" since they get that much attention, I mean Soulja Boy have over 5 000 000 downloads on Itunes, and me personally can't understand how someone could pay for his music. Someone would need to pay me for listening to him lol!

It's just like how I feel about it, I really do accept and can fully understand that you don't like my remix!
And it's good to hear negative comments also, because then I can think about what people say and make my mind up if I can't they're wrong or if they're right.
If someone say something that I can agree with, then I've gone out of that discussion with newfound knowledge.
That's how I've learned the most useful things about my music to this day! :)

the video was inspired by the movie american pyscho.

Just because Kanye used that effect to change his voice, it doesn't mean he's become "too mainstream." Actually, contrary to what's being said, I think the song stands out, rather than blending in with everyone else's music.

that song is so odd and annoying...i tried listening to it and i thought my ears were gonna bleed..mr west can do better than that....

I find the song and video boring I hope that Kanye has something else in store on his upcoming release.

i like the tune.

and BruceWayne, that's a top remix. did you compose this yourself?

Listen to Kanye's lyrics in Swagga like us and Put On.

Put On:

I feel like there's still niggas that owe me checks
I feel like there's still bitches that owe me sex

There a joke. Hes going mainstream. Anyone can make/copy a good beat and just talk crap over it, like Lil Wayne n Young Jeezy does, hes following them.

I liked it the first listening, it do stand out BUT Stop with this autotune voice crap. It's not cool it just sounds like something is wrong. Like an old tape recorder and the tape has been stuck or twisted.

At the VMA's he sounded ok-ish, but the best you can get using autotune is ok-ish.

On Ellen, he just took the piss.

Edit: ^^^^ What a fool I am to write this.

Last edited:
The song grew on me since the VMAs but the video is..........um, different.

I love the video. Refreshing to see one that doesn't feature a club and half naked girls....not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just same same.

i like the song...although it seems to repeat a lot...maybe i need to listen more...idk...but i do like the approach he is taking.

The video toward the end is very awesome...and the song itself...toward the end is very awesome. lolll...I just like the piano and the drums toward the end, and the dancing at the end of the video (especially the girls too).

I just read that "Robocop" from the new album is going to have some love from Herbie Hancock on it. Can't wait to hear the new album, I'm actually getting more into Kanye the more I listen. He's got some mixtape material as good as his album stuff.

808s & Heartbreak has leaked. I like what I hear so far, I need some more time with it. Love Lockdown grew on me a lot after a few listens, many of these songs have a similar vibe and may end up doing the same.

great retro and a bit of an experimental album.

it's more of a pop album, and that's the way it should be for Kanye, imo. i never really dug his hip-hop neither as a producer nor later an artist.

but i think this is just a phase for him to get off his chest, artistically.

Back