Coldest Winter - Kanye West [New song dedicated to his Mum]

Yeezy

Proud Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1RMW0NLoYo

This song has defo become one of my favorite songs ever done by Kanye West. He puts his heart n soul into everything he makes and I know Im guna be able to relate to his next album 808s & Heartbreak.

Heartless was a great song to me and this song has hit me deep too.

Comment what you think people ....

looking forward to his album, it's a cool route he's taking.

the lyrics are great.

the song is ok too.

coldest winter - what a cool name.

but WHY the autotune :(

it's just another effect and you can hardly notice it in this song. if T-Pain hadn't milked it with his dodgy songs, people wouldn't be so mad at other artists using it here and there.

Not bad. I like what he's doing with his music, it's different.

As far as the AutoTune effect, it's being over-used by various artists now, but people love it, apparently. Good job, Mr. Pain. :wild:

Not bad. I like what he's doing with his music, it's different.

As far as the AutoTune effect, it's being over-used by various artists now, but people love it, apparently. Good job, Mr. Pain. :wild:

So in your opinion, it's what people like that matters , rather than good quality? :scratch:

So in your opinion, it's what people like that matters , rather than good quality? :scratch:

There is what is wrong these days. "Artists" like T-Pain, Timbaland, Lil Wayne and Soulja Boy can get away with puttin anythin out there coz there is idiots that are just stuck in some mainstream world. I thought KanYe was followin em but I see this album is goin to be pretty damn good and hes just a different stage in his career and hes at the top and still climbing.

He said “I don’t give a fuck if it’s hot or not, it’s from the heart…"

^^^ That right there is why I love KanYe n his music so much. He refuses to do what other people want him to do and mold into society, hes unique. :)

Also the was a lil mention of MJ in his speech at the 808s album listenin...

“People think pop is bad, but Michael Jackson was pop and who can compare to him?”

Here goes:

I agree with you on the first one, about "artists" completely.

I kinda of disagree with you on Kanye,cuz I think he DOES pay attention to what is hot,but then again I might be tripping and he is at least not awful like Soulja Boy - MILES ahead!

and

He is right about Mike and I love how he keeps supporting him.

Kanye is the worlds most famous cover artist. I hate when I hear a good tune and it turnes out to be sample/cover of an old song.

oh no, that's the props that go to TIMBALAND.

But yeah, Kanye as well. I mean...what is the point ?

I have 100 or so songs of mine that will never see the light of day and they are all pure emotions that I have felt in different situations.

And even though they will never become global smash hits, it makes me feel so damn good whenever I play any of those songs cause I know that is something that is MINE AND MINE ONLY.

Music is dying. That's what I feel at least.

I dont think Kanye cares at all if people like what he decides to do.

When Love Lockdown dropped last month there was defo more haters compared to people likin it. That has changed IMO cz people are recognising everythin he does is from the heart.

Not many people liked him using the autotune, he told his own fans tough if they dont like it coz he loves using it and says hes used it since College Dropout. He got more loved IMO by his fans coz he rebels at anythin what so ever.

Great song anyways, one of my favourites from Ye and cant wait get my hands on the studio version.

And yeah music is definetly dying. Hip hop for example isnt gunna be livin on for very long with shits like Soulja Boy and his Superman crap!!!

Last edited:
forget commercial success - Rihanna's topping the charts these years ffs - his new album i think will be one of those where people will recognise his creative direction some years after.

Kanye's one of my favourite live performers and one of my most disliked artist-producers (very overrrated), but i'm liking this new material coming out.

Back