Adele

browneyedgirl

Proud Member
I usually dislike recommending my taste in music to others, but this girl is too good to pass. I've been following her music for about a year now ever since Hometown Glory. She's obviously more famous in the UK, but she's merely unknown here.

41BHhuhbkSL_SL500_AA240_.jpg

http://www.imeem.com/pampasp/music/JEhARSVH/adele_chasing_pavements/

She's a complete and utter ass.

She's so stuck up it's unreal.damn.

anyway, she can sing! that's all she has going for her, let's be honest lol

when she hit the scene with Chasing Pavements, i thought she could have been much bigger than what happened so far. but it's still a nice mix of songs, like folk-soul or something.

worked at one of her concerts. i normally dont care much for the music i see when im working. but i loved her concert. she has a great voice

not the impression i got when working her show and seeing her doing a signing at the end and meeting her at the end aswell. seemed very down to earth and nice even if she does have the most horrible southern accent lol

I saw her on SNL and she was fantastic. Also, she came across very humble. Great voice. Good song.

She did an interview for my school's magazine! :O I should see if I can scan it if I have a copy.

I don't listen much to alot of her music but I loved that song chasing pavements. She is an incredible vocal talent and from what I've seen on t.v., down to earth. She has even spoken positive on MJ in the past.

a

a pick of me at work with adele after one of her concerts. (not telling which one is me) lol
28042008257-small.jpg

anyway, she can sing! that's all she has going for her, let's be honest lol

That's not my impression of her at all. I've heard from many people who met her or worked with her that she is very nice and down to earth. From what I could tell from her televised interviews, I couldn't spot a hint of arrogance. So I don't quite understand where your assumption comes from.

Anyway, I didn't really like her music at first but Rolling In The Deep is amazing, I play it all the time :) And she sounds fantastic live, it's almost like she's lip synching (but obviously she isn't). One of the few gems in music today :)

OMG....i so love chasing pavements! she got really a genuine voice, one of the great voices now....wish she could be recognized as big as her talent.

She is different than anyone else out there today and she can sing! Love her voice so much.

So I thought this thread deserved a bump, since Adele is doing so very well on the charts right now.

I'm getting her new album "21" tomorrow but I've heard several songs already and I love them. Has anyone here already bought the album?
I love how everything she does vocal wise just seems so natural for her. When she sings it seems effortless even though it carries so much emotion at the same time.

I can't believe her album "21" is nr 1 and her album "19" is the nr 2 in the Uk right now. That's amazing.
She also has the nr. 1 song and nr. 1 album here in The Netherlands.
Imo she deserves to be recognised this way, she seems very well grounded and very talented.

What the...? She is far from stuck up and up her own ass! That was random...

I love her, she's great and her voice is amazing. The album 21 is great, although not as good as 19 imo.

I got her album and I love it. I do think some of the songs sound even better live then on the album for some reason.
Like this one for instance :

[youtube]VK4TwstB2AM[/youtube]

Right now "Rolling in the deep is nr.1 here on Itunes and "Set fire to the rain" is at 2.
I can't remember anyone else being able to do that in recent times so I'm very curious if we will get a situation like what happened in the Uk on the official charts soon.
I already knew my country loved her (she has een getting a lot of love from here from the moment she came out pretty much) but she is really ruling over here now lol
I don't mind though, I think she deserves it.

Last edited:
^ Didn't she say she was gonna move here? That would be pretty cool :D

Edit: about her singing live, I absolutely agree. In fact, she is probably the best live singer I have ever heard. She is never off key and sounds just like she does on CD (or even better). I love her voice too. She sounds so natural when she's singing, she doesn't use all the vocal tricks that virtually all female singers use nowadays (unneccessary vibrato, wailing, screaming etc.) and she doesn't walk around half naked either. A breath of fresh air :)

Last edited:
Wow, actual music! So refreshing, especially compared to the plague of autotuned, electronic music we have nowadays. Adele isn't exactly my cup of tea as far as music is concerned, but she has a beautiful and strong voice, and all I have to say is...I like that. I like that a whole lot.

Adele has a fantastic voice, really unique and very moving!

I bought her first album the moment it came out as it was well received by critics ( I know; i don't usually pay any attention to what they think but I was looking for some new 'decent' music to listen to). I loved it, although my dad got hold of it and overplayed it for a while :p

EDIT: Still need to get hold of the new album!

I think she is so stunning. I love the fact that she isn't a size 0. We need more women like her in the music buisness to be honest.

I agree, I think she is beautiful as well and a great rolemodel for young girls :) She shows that you don't have to be super skinny and half naked in order to be successful in showbizz.

^This. She is stunning, and a real performer, for once. She stands out and does her own thing. That's always admirable.

This song is beautiful as well :)

[youtube]Qu6gFtz1PS4&feature=related[/youtube]

I should buy her album :p

Adele has now officially got the nr.1 and 2 song of my country on the official top 40 :)
(The ones I mentioned earlier)
The is now the 5th week (not all consecutive weeks) "Rolling in the deep" is at the top.
I love it though, I really love her new album so I'm glad to see it being appreciated.

Funfact: They just said on the radio that the last time this happened was in 1979....
When Michael was nr.1 with "The Wiz" cast (didn't even know that went to 1 then) and 2with "Don't stop 'till you get enough".
For some reason that put a big smile on my face.

not the impression i got of her.infact the total opposite

I really kind of like Adel..I think she has a beautiful voice...I thought the chasing pavement video was a little odd after seeing like 1000000 times...but thats whatever..I think she really is very talented..:)

Back