World Music Awards 2008 *UPDATE: Michael Jackson did not win; Kid Rock got the WBPMA *

Horakhty

Proud Member
http://www.worldmusicawards.com/

** NOMINEES **

World Best Pop Female Artist:
- Leona Lewis
- Mariah Carey
- Madonna
- Rihanna

World Best Pop Male Artist:
- Kid Rock
- Michael Jackson
- James Blunt
- Enrique Iglesias

World Best Pop/Rock Female Artist:
- Amy Winehouse
- Pink
- Duffy
- Katy Perry

World Best Pop/Rock Male Artist:
- Kid Rock
- Lenny Kravitz
- James Blunt
- Jack Johnson

World Best Rock Act:
- Coldplay
- Metalica
- Kings Of Leon
- REM

World Best R&B Artist:
- Leona Lewis
- Alicia Keys
- Rihanna
- Mariah Carey

World Best New Artist:
- Katy Perry
- Leona Lewis
- Estelle
- Duffy

World Best Hip-Hop Artist:
- TI
- T-Pain
- Kanye West
- Lil Wayne

World Best D'J Artist:
- DJ Laurent Wolf
- DJ Tiesto
- Martin Solveig
- Frankie Knuckles

___
Legend Awards:
- L.A. Reid

Diamond Awards:
- Ringo Starr

Host:
- Jesse Metcalfe

Performers:
- Mariah Carey :)))
- Beyonce :)D)
- Alicia Keys
- Akon
- Kid Rock
- Duffy
- Estelle
- The Script
- Solange
- Kate Ryan
- Nancy Ajram :)D)
- Anastacia :)D)
- Madcon
- Laurent Wolf
- Philip Kirkorov

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dri
Re: World Music Awards 2008 (Michael Jackson nomined to World Best Pop Male Artist)

good news! naturally i hope that means an appearance:D

Re: World Music Awards 2008 (Michael Jackson nomined to World Best Pop Male Artist)

TOMORROW!! :angel::bugeyed

:timer:

When is the World Music Awards?

Great News!!!!!!

Although is this up to the public to vote or is it chosen by the WMA's Reps?
Because theres no clear place on the website to cast a vote :(

Cheers for the news again!!!

EDIT:
Sorry I didnt relalize the WMA's were tomorrow sorry obviously now it aint a public vote

Where in the hell did they get the nominees? MJ is the only one on there who makes sense. The female category makes a lot more sense. Oh well, he's likely a sure bet to win.

Well, the WMA is based on sales and only those. T25 and the original Thriller album together sold something like 3 milion copies, hope I'm not wrong on this one.

But I think James Blunt sold more than T25.

Please do not use the prefixes as they are only for staff to use. Thank you.

Oooo coool, a nomination. :D Wonder if he knows about it.
Thanks for posting!

Well, the WMA is based on sales and only those. T25 and the original Thriller album together sold something like 3 milion copies, hope I'm not wrong on this one.

But I think James Blunt sold more than T25.

Michael's Thriller + 25 has sold more than James Blunts album altogether
James Blunts latest album has flopped compared to his 1st album release, well thats in the UK anyways
This is obviously the World Music Awards and that means in total ......

AWESOME... I hope MJ wins World Best Pop Male Artist

i hope he wins, go Michael! :):cheeky:

(i totally thought that the WMA was today, and by reading the topic with Breaking news prefix i thought he made a surprise appearance :lol:)

That's awesome!!!!:punk: Go Mike!!!

Isn't it wonderful that his (25 year old) album sold around 3 million copies this year compared to other new albums' sales!!!! OMG! You rock Michael!:clapping:

I know thriller 25 did really well selling over 3 million worldwide in 12 weeks

wiki states james blunt shipped 4 million worldwide, so we need an updated total

verry strange ... really ...surprised me this nomination ... I`m glad for Michael ... I do not know what to say ...

We will see tomorrow what will be .... Good luck, Michael!​

is it going to be on EMpTy V???

kevin, do u know what time the show will be on in Brazil??

-
Will be easy to win this one, those guys there make no sense, with all my respect! :unsure:

Guys the last time I remember when Michael Jackson was on and we thought that they would show it like the following days well remember it was weeks for some countries? We will have to keep an eye on the website www. worldmusicawards.com as they will announce when it will be aired in your country.

Michael rulez! Wherever he is - wherever he goes - he always wins!

Guys the last time I remember when Michael Jackson was on and we thought that they would show it like the following days well remember it was weeks for some countries? We will have to keep an eye on the website www. worldmusicawards.com as they will announce when it will be aired in your country.

Yes you are entirely true there!
We knew he was there but it was'nt aired for a good while....
Well other than on the news anyways

In honor of ALL of MJ's fantastic contributions to music, it would only be fitting that he receive this award. All of the others are newcomers compared to MJ. MJ has STAYING POWER.

wher is the WMA's??? Cuz i suppose if it aint in LA then michael wont be ther right??? or is he not in LA no more???? I hope hes there but i doubt it :(

It's in Monaco.

I doubt seriously that Michael is going to attend this.

Thanks Horakhty :)

Here's my write-up about this, including scheduled airdates and sales stats:

http://mjjr.net/news-i348-6.html

WMAs: Michael Jackson Nominated For Best Male Pop Artist

Michael Jackson (Thriller 25) has been nominated as the "World's Best Pop Male Artist" for the 2008 World Music Awards, set to take place in Monaco on November 9, 2008. Other nominees in this category include Kid Rock (Rock 'N Roll Jesus), Enrique Iglesias (95/08), and James Blunt (All the Lost Souls). If the winner is determined based strictly on worldwide sales for each artist's top-selling album or compilation in 2008, Michael Jackson will rightfully be named the winner since Thriller 25 has indeed sold more, worldwide, in 2008 than any of the other mentioned albums. The event will broadcast in the USA December 2nd on MyNetworkTV--and will air live in the Middle East and Africa. It will air in Ireland on Sunday, November 16th on RTE 2, and will air on Channel 4 in the UK, November 21st (with a repeat on T4).

Michael Jackson: Thriller 25 (2,238,500 Worldwide Sales) - #12
Kid Rock: Rock'n'Roll Jesus (2,153,000 Worldwide Sales) - #13
James Blunt: All the Lost Souls (1,047,000 Worldwide Sales) - #37
Enrique Iglesias: 95/08 Exitos (~800,000 Worldwide Sales) - Not in to 50

There has been no word yet with regards to Michael Jackson's plans for this event. When Michael Jackson was honored at the 2008 NRJ Music Awards early this year, he appeared via a videotaped message.

Michael Jackson (Thriller 25) has been nominated as the "World's Best Pop Male Artist" for the 2008 World Music Awards, set to take place in Monaco on November 9, 2008. Other nominees in this category include Kid Rock (Rock 'N Roll Jesus), Enrique Iglesias (95/08), and James Blunt (All the Lost Souls). If the winner is determined based strictly on worldwide sales for each artist's top-selling album or compilation in 2008, Michael Jackson will rightfully be named the winner since Thriller 25 has indeed sold more, worldwide, in 2008 than any of the other mentioned albums. The event will broadcast in the USA December 2nd on MyNetworkTV--and will air live in the Middle East and Africa. It will air in Ireland on Sunday, November 16th on RTE 2, and will air on Channel 4 in the UK, November 21st (with a repeat on T4).

There has been no word yet with regards to Michael Jackson's plans for this event. When Michael Jackson was honored at the 2008 NRJ Music Awards early this year, he appeared via a videotaped message.

You did a nice write up TSCM :flowers:

Hey thanks TSCM! I didn't think they already had the schedule out for the awards show. I will update the write up I did for MJJC News on the main forum.

It will air on my Birthday in the USA hooray, lets win this Mike, lol

I hope he wins as well :)
And hope he will make a apperanc, but only if he wants too.

Back