The "I remember when..." thread

Expressions of Passion

Proud Member
Sorry if there is a thread like this already, guys!! I just had an idea for a thread.

Okay so you basically just post a line of a little, happy memory you have stored away. It has to be positive!! And it can be ANYTHING.

Right...

I remember when I saw the sun rise, set and rise again in a row, only having 4 hours sleep in between :wub: It was magical.

Your turn :D

Nice thread :happy:

Good morning India :)

I remember when I was a little girl, how my mum always used to make me feel better with her magic kisses whenever I hurt myself :lol: :wub:

good morning Lorraine :D (I'm guessing it's your name lol).

Aww that is a sweet one :wub:

I remember when I rode on an elephant :wub: not sure if it was entirely positive, however!!

Yes it is :p

I remember when I got to stroke a dolphin and have a picture taken :wub:

^ Wow :wub: I love to do that!!!

I remember when I first saw a wild lion :O :wub: Not just strolling down the street, mind :lol:

I remember when I was really little and used to follow my brother around everywhere he went. I am two years younger and he always took care of me wherever we'd go.

I remember when I was 21/2 years old, this old man had a halloween mask on, he scared the crap out of me, I screamed and my dad shook him like a rag doll.

I also remember when I went to my first 2 WWE live shows, they were awsome!! :D

I remember when me and my flatmate surprised my other flatmate when she thought we were away for weeks. We filled the room with balloons and streamers and you shoulda seen her face when we jumped out at her :lol:

^ lol

I rememeber when, I used to want to have tinned baby food puddings when I was about 6 years old :lol: I loved them :mello:

I remember being a child playing with the neighborhood kids on our front lawn, and our truck at the time, was parked in the driveway. All of a sudden we heard this eerie moaning. We all stopped running around and looked to where the sound was coming from. Frozen still...we just stared at that truck. Then the groaning got louder and louder and two arms started slowly rising up out of the bed of the truck, and we screamed!... just as my older brother rose up like Frankenstein and scared us all to death. Haha.

I still can't figure out how he snuck into that truck and laid down in it unseen. Amazing. I'm glad no one saw, actually, and spoiled things; it was such a classic moment! :lol:

^ its probably better than that cod liver oil
and castor oil I used to get as a child
blah! :puke: it kept us well though?

omgosh, cod liver oil is NOT nice!! :puke: yeah, calpol was this pink liquid for up to 6 year olds (I think) and it tasted so good for a medicine!!

yeah kept us well :nod:

I remember when I found out that my male guinea pigs were actually female :lol:

Oops I was talking about the calpol I was on the wrong page :blink:

^ I still lick the spoon when I give it to my kids :lol:

I remember when I first got £10 for babysitting and thought I had loads of money :toofunny:

oh, i never knew that about the blinking thing :eek:
I'm guessing it's maybe hamsters, as my guinea pigs blinked their eyes together as far as I know :lol:

I remember when I first held a snake :eek:

Edit: haha mjslady! i might pop to boots to buy some Calpol right now :lol:

^ :lol: I have some in my cupboard :wild:

I remember when I used to think the people in the tv were really in the tv :blush: :lol:

^ :(

I wasn't a kid so long ago, but even then it was so much safer! I used to play outside all the time, but now, you don't see kids just outside playing with eachother anymore..

I remember when I fancied John Travolta :lol:

The evolution of milk containers :lol:

I remember when I was 4 and we all got given a carton of milk at school, but mine was gone off so I cried and got to sit out of the lesson :lol:

:lol:

that must of sucked?

I remember when the fruit and vegetable man used to go
up and down the streets hawking his wares. those were the
days you used to hear him yelling.....apple! peaches! corn on the cob! :lol:
I always used to wait to hear it.

yeah it did suck! so much that I've never ever forgotten it :lol:

Aww the fruit and veg man haha!

I remember when I used to run outside without shoes on when the ice cream truck came past, to make sure I got to the front of the queue :lol:

:lol: ICEEEEEEEEE CREAMMMMMMM MAN!! books it down the avenue! haha!
those were the days!

I remember hearing the milkman delivering eggs and milk
and other dairy products at the crack of dawn

I remember when some of my friends used to live on my road, and they would knock on my door to ask me to play outside, but I was usually still in bed :lol: (I'm not a morning person!)

I rememeber when I was a kid playing knock on peoples door and running away I ran and tripped at the gate my friends ran off leaving me sitting there getting yelled at :lol:

Back