MJ quietly moves up the Youtube ranks [Related threads merged]

eighthnoterojo

Proud Member
The man isn't doing a thing, yet his channel keeps on climbing up the Youtube 'charts.' I've been keeping a bit of an eye on his channel's progress, just for fun. Of course it doesn't necessarily mean all that much, but still.. I bet that if you counted up all the views of MJ vids etc. on other people's channels as well, the numbers would be staggering.

MJ's channel, currently-

#34 Most subscribed all-time, musicians
#25 Most viewed all-time, all categories
#10 Most viewed all-time, musicians

What do you say; is there a new addict like every 5 minutes, or what? lol

Re: MJ quietly moves up the Youtube ranks

The man isn't doing a thing, yet his channel keeps on climbing up the Youtube 'charts.' I've been keeping a bit of an eye on his channel's progress, just for fun. Of course it doesn't necessarily mean all that much, but still.. I bet that if you counted up all the views of MJ vids etc. on other people's channels as well, the numbers would be staggering.

MJ's channel, currently-

#34 Most subscribed all-time, musicians
#25 Most viewed all-time, all categories
#10 Most viewed all-time, musicians

What do you say; is there a new addict like every 5 minutes, or what? lol

where do you see that? The channels i mean

:clapping: Woo Hoo - Just Imagine when he turns something out OMG :punk:

That's great! :clapping:

Go Michael!

Yay for MJ's channel!!! :punk: Man, no one should ever underestimate the power of YouTube. There is an absolute goldmine of MJ videos on there and I'm sure it has turned many a people into fans :yes:. I know it helped with me some time ago... :D.

:clapping: Woo Hoo - Just Imagine when he turns something out OMG :punk:
I know right? LOL

(Btw, I'm at www.youtube.com/user/serapisces :happy:)

I love youtube so muchhhh coz I see many vid of MJ and I can keep favourite of them.

To see the most viewed all time.
GO to youtube, select Channels, select Musicians on the left, select All time on top and you will see.
---------Top Ten------------
- Sony BMG
- Chris Brown TV
- Britney TV
- Warnerbrosrecords
- Soulja Boy TV
- Hollywoodrecords
- FueledByRamen
- Roadrunnerrecords
- Linkinpark TV
- Michael Jackson :girl_pride:
--------------------------------------------------------
- 50 CentMusic

and ETC ha ha :wub:

lol 50 cent music hahaha
well i think its great, sometimes i see people who i really dont expect to listen to mj humming another song besides billie jean or thriller, i wonder if michael knows about him gaining popularity again :p

:wild: Awesome!

Go MJ :punk:

Awsome! Watching mj on youtube helped turned me into a bigger fan than I already was..it also helped me become familiar with the rest of the Jackson family of whom I am huge fans of now as well...

anyone know who actually takes care of MJ's channel??

It run by SONY _ all vids on that channel are Sony releases
just like his offical Michaeljackson.com and myspace are

That's GREAT,AWESOME! My youtube channel is MJJFAN4EVER,I'm from Kazakhstan! Would be great to see you on my channel & let's be friends fans! I'll be waiting there for you!
Go MJ! I adore Michael! The most sweetest, caring,loving,purest,adorable,beautiful inside & out,greatest person on this planet! He's the ONE & ONLY! THE KING OF MUSIC & GOD OF DANCE FOREVER!

Man, no one should ever underestimate the power of YouTube. There is an absolute goldmine of MJ videos on there and I'm sure it has turned many a people into fans
It's too bad Prince, Don Cornelius, Stax Records, and the folks who own The Ed Sullivan Show doesn't realize that.

^^ Couldn't those artists just throw a couple of vids up on YT? I'm pretty sure they'd see benefits.

I bet MJ is gaining fans by the minute through YT. Fans that then go and buy MJ stuff...

That's GREAT,AWESOME! My youtube channel is MJJFAN4EVER,I'm from Kazakhstan! Would be great to see you on my channel & let's be friends fans! I'll be waiting there for you!
Go MJ! I adore Michael! The most sweetest, caring,loving,purest,adorable,beautiful inside & out,greatest person on this planet! He's the ONE & ONLY! THE KING OF MUSIC & GOD OF DANCE FOREVER!

Okay, getting ready to ADD YOU TO MY FRIENDS!! I'm zhuriyuk2. Ok you Kaz person, I've got stuff on my playlist from MuzArt, Rakhat Turlikhanov, Ulikpan Zholdasov, Qaraqat, etc. Love love love love. Can't wait to go back to Almaty and Medeu! woohoo!

nice one, RoJo.

i wish though YT would improve their sound quality. the new HQ feature is a step forward, but they need to make it default instead of an option and maybe implement an audio-player since the majority of their vids are songs with crappy backgrounds. waste. though i'd imagine they'd be hunted further by labels if they done that...

i agree but it would cost a lot of money to improve the audio quality.

Daily Motion has stereo and it's nowhere near as popular as Youtube. If DM can afford it, so can YT.

Yeah, MJ is incredibly popular on YouTube for someone who's not "current."

Yeah, MJ is incredibly popular on YouTube for someone who's not "current."

Yeah that's incredible! Can't imagine how it will be when he releases new music, releases new videos, and maybe even tours again!!

He will own youtube!

Daily Motion has stereo and it's nowhere near as popular as Youtube. If DM can afford it, so can YT.
yeah, DM not only has stereo but also encodes audio in 96kbps as opposed to the dodgy 64kbps of YT.

and even YT's new optional high-quality encoding (96kbps) is still mono.

i think it's very intentional for obvious business and legal reasons.

yeah, DM not only has stereo but also encodes audio in 96kbps as opposed to the dodgy 64kbps of YT.

and even YT's new optional high-quality encoding (96kbps) is still mono.

i think it's very intentional for obvious business and legal reasons.
That's why they don't want people uploading stuff lasting more than 10 minutes, but people do it anyway (if you know how, lol). Most of the stuff uploaded to youtube is home videos, web cams, etc. where the sound or picture quality doesn't matter anyway. A lot of the music videos or performances from TV shows are things that have long been forgotten about and are never gonna be released or shown on television which has historical value. It's not like someone sitting in a movie theater and filming the screen to sell it out on the street.

Back