Michael Jackson live at Apllo 2002

didn`t he also perform Heal the World there?

apollo_2002_1_big.jpg

There's little to no info about these performances that i've heard of. This sucks alot because these are his recent performaces, and in the 2000's his performances came very far and inbetween. But anyways he performed Black or White, Heal the World, and Dangerous. There's a few pictures on the internet of all three performances. But there's only a short video of MJ performing Dangerous. I never understood why they weren't televised, or atleast put onto Youtube. Everything done at the Apollo is usually a big deal, especially it being MJ performing at the Apollo!

I don't recall where I read it, but somewhere it was reported that BoW wasn't lip synced and it usually always is lip synced. Dangerous, and Heal The World were most likely lip synced like usual. These performances also look better arranged and better performed than anything at MSG. So take that for what it's worth.

Thanx BPYTD. I saw the performance before but not the Cliton introduction part. How many other artists can have the opportunity to be introduced by the President like that? And I like the things he said.

I never heard about this appearance, but then I can't know everything. Also, I was kind of surprised to know also that Michael had performed at Bill Clinton's original Inauguration...I didn't know that or I knew about it and didn't remember.

The funny thing is that I just posted a thread about Michael and his Brothers should be at the Presidential Inauguration for Barack Obama and I hadn't even seen this video of him at the Apollo in 2002 with Bill Clinton hosting it. That's wild!

Oh, and I had to sit and watch the other YouTube videos on that post. I always like to do that. I never just watch the one that's posted.

I really liked the one about the song, "Beggin" by "MADCON". I loved Michael's dancing to the beats of that song. Didn't care for the Justin Timberlake parts, they could have been left out. Seriously speaking.

Thanks for informing about something I didn't already know.:D

I've seen the performance of Dangerous and it was brilliant. Apparently both Black Or White and Heal the World were sung live. Only one section of Dangerous was sung live but that's understandable because of the intense choreography.

It's really unfortunate that we never got to see the other performances of this event, from reports it sounded truly awesome...

---
Michael Jackson A Real Thriller At Apollo DNC Benefit

On Wednesday night, April 24th, 2002, the powerfully energetic and totally undisputed "King of Pop," the Legendary Michael Jackson Thrilled the standing room only (SRO) audience, at the world famous Apollo Theater in the Village of Harlem, USA, during his three songs spectacular performance, staged at The Democratic National Committee (DNC) benefit concert.

Former Supremes lead singer Diana Ross and her two sons joined Michael on stage during his finale, which also featured a guest appearance by children representing every country around the globe carrying colorful flags as they belted out, "Make The World A Better Place For You And Me."

Themed "A Night At The Apollo" the star-studded musical extravaganza hosted by actors Chris Tucker and Cicely Tyson, with welcoming remarks from Don Cornelius, producer/director of television's syndicated "Soul Train", variety show, honored Special Guest, the former President of the United States William Jefferson Clinton, a/k/a Bill Clinton (now a Harlem businessman resident), and also celebrated the launching of "Every Vote Counts," a voter registration drive in New York City.

Aside from headliner Michael Jackson, other superb performances were delivered by such renowned entertainers including Tony Bennett, k.d.lang, Ruben Blades and his Latin Orchestra, BeBe Winans, Vickie Winans, Boys Choir of Harlem and Dance Theater of Harlem.
---

Back