Which songs do you like Michael perform in his new tour?

mehdiblanket

Proud Member
hello
l am just wondering which songs that you never seen Michael performing in stage ,and you want to see them in tour of 2009 if he do it of course :)
for me l want to see all tracks for Invincible what's yours?

As a fan who has never watched Michael's live performance, I will love every song he perforems:D
Welcome to China, Michael!

I would like to see a different set list every night.

Throughout HIStory Tour MJ looked completely and utterly bored. He mimed every night and he didn't even put any effort into looking like he was singing, the dance routines were all half-hearted... The whole thing was literally like watching a Navi performance; somebody who looks a bit like Michael Jackson pulling off some impressive moves but not singing anf not quite doing it right.

I think that was largely boredom. Anyone would get bored if they had to go out every night for two years and mime to the same CD, and do exactly the same thing every night. There's no spontenaity - he might as well have just filmed the first one and played that on the big screens at every subsequent show, saved himself some effort.

I don't know if anyone here went to see Prince at the O2 last year - over the 21 nights he played almost 200 different songs. There were no identical set lists. That works fantastically because it keeps the artist interested and it keeps the repeat attendees interested.

I would like to see the classics either deleted from the show or completely reworked. I simply have no interest in watching a 50 year old Michael Jackson pull on the Beat It jacket and killing himself every night. It's thoroughly demeaning. Furthermore, HIStory Tour and the MSg shows proved conclusively that MJ is completely incapable of pulling off the routines and live vocals at th same time. Maybe back in 1997 it was acceptable, but if MJ got caught miming in this climate, he'd be torn apart. Look what happened when Britney mimed at the VMAs and at X Factor. Utterly torn apart.

Now imagine it's Michael Jackson. Now imagine people have paid to get in. They would crucify him, and deservedly so. Regardless of the negative publicity it would generate, it is simply outrageous to charge paying customers for a live concert then not give them one. If he wants to advertise the concerts as 'mimed', then I would be interested to see how that goes down. However, I suspect he would be rather too ashamed to put the word 'mimed' on the poster - as such, he knows that he shouldn't be doing it. It's thoroughly disrespectful.

So for that reason, he should either ditch the classics or he should rework them so that he can actually sing them.

Interesting that Foxy mentions 'Shake Your Body' and 'Working Day and Night' because I think these are the two songs that most incapsulate what it is that live music is actually about. They are significantly different from the album tracks, they're different every night, they give the crowd something they've never heard before nor will hear again, they make fantastic use of the live band... perfect.

speechless-this song not being released was a crime against music, the song needed a much wider audience. unearthed gem i feel.
man in the mirror- the energy is awesome with the ''stand up for ya brother''
keep the faith
one more chance
unbreakable

with the old skool billie jean thriller beat it etc!!

There are too many great songs michael can perform for first time and in my opinion he must do that sometimes i have the feeling that he always perform the same songs when he is on tour and with the same way..i cant say which songs id love to see because there are too many..but i can say some songs which i believe he has perform too many times..thriller, billie jean ,the way you make me feel,smooth criminal, man in the mirror, wbss.id love to see a totaly new show from michael..

I'd love to see Rock With You. I love that song live. Man in the Mirror, Will You Be There, Billie Jean, Black or White... all the classics

I'd love to see Rock With You. I love that song live. Man in the Mirror, Will You Be There, Billie Jean, Black or White... all the classics

does he always to do the classics?? sometimes i feel he is traped in these great songs and has always to perform them why?

Last edited:
Mike is trapped by the success of his earlier songs, and that is made worse by the fact that he hasn’t had any singles success in the last 8 years. When or IF he does eventually perform again he will absolutely have to perform the classics such as Billie Jean and Beat It. Those old songs are the songs people love the most and they would be disappointed if they didn’t hear them in the playlist. I think he should also include a healthy amount of material from his new album and perhaps a few lesser known classics from other albums too.

BUT I think you’re absolutely right, he SHOULD NOT perform them in the same way he has been doing since the early 80s. He needs to freshen up his concert and make it more up to date by embracing some new technology and new concert style. He also needs to acknowledge that he simply wont be able to dance the same way he used to, and certainly won’t be able to sing at the same time. He will disappoint too many people by trying to do the same he did during BAD, when he was capable of doing an excellent job of both. He just needs to concentrate on singing live while throwing in a few signature moves here and there. He is famous for being an exceptional mover as well as a singer so people will expect the moves. He should still throw in the moonwalk, glides, lock and pop and robot if he is still able to make them look impressive, but needs to be careful not to affect the overall show. Similarly, there are several costumes themes that need to be preserved, even if the costumes as we know them are not present. For example, he probably should keep elements of his famous costumes, like the single glove, loafers and hat but not necessarily just wear the same costumes.

There will be a very large proportion of the audience that will have either attended a previous concert or who will have watched a concert at home (i.e. on TV / Youtube / download) before going and will be disappointed if the show is just a rehashed 20 year old concert (HIStory and Dangerous were guilty of this IMO). Critics will also be very harsh on the show if they perceive it to be lazily put together (and if it’s mimed), which would provide a lot of negative publicity and could impact ticket sales and album sales (and even more importantly, his reputation) as a consequence.

Alot rests on this comeback and so Mike needs to get it right. I hope he makes a point of going to see other artists’ concerts before putting a new show together so that he can see just how far they have come in 20 years. As pioneering as he was in the day, it was beginning to look as though he had lost that edge by the time of the HIStory tour. I’m not saying he doesn’t have good ideas, or that he should copy other acts, but he needs to do something fresh. I for one don’t want to see the Dangerous routine again, or even the Billie Jean routine for that matter. I’m sick of them now.

Mike is trapped by the success of his earlier songs, and that is made worse by the fact that he hasn’t had any singles success in the last 8 years. When or IF he does eventually perform again he will absolutely have to perform the classics such as Billie Jean and Beat It. Those old songs are the songs people love the most and they would be disappointed if they didn’t hear them in the playlist. I think he should also include a healthy amount of material from his new album and perhaps a few lesser known classics from other albums too.

BUT I think you’re absolutely right, he SHOULD NOT perform them in the same way he has been doing since the early 80s. He needs to freshen up his concert and make it more up to date by embracing some new technology and new concert style. He also needs to acknowledge that he simply wont be able to dance the same way he used to, and certainly won’t be able to sing at the same time. He will disappoint too many people by trying to do the same he did during BAD, when he was capable of doing an excellent job of both. He just needs to concentrate on singing live while throwing in a few signature moves here and there. He is famous for being an exceptional mover as well as a singer so people will expect the moves. He should still throw in the moonwalk, glides, lock and pop and robot if he is still able to make them look impressive, but needs to be careful not to affect the overall show. Similarly, there are several costumes themes that need to be preserved, even if the costumes as we know them are not present. For example, he probably should keep elements of his famous costumes, like the single glove, loafers and hat but not necessarily just wear the same costumes.

There will be a very large proportion of the audience that will have either attended a previous concert or who will have watched a concert at home (i.e. on TV / Youtube / download) before going and will be disappointed if the show is just a rehashed 20 year old concert (HIStory and Dangerous were guilty of this IMO). Critics will also be very harsh on the show if they perceive it to be lazily put together (and if it’s mimed), which would provide a lot of negative publicity and could impact ticket sales and album sales (and even more importantly, his reputation) as a consequence.

Alot rests on this comeback and so Mike needs to get it right. I hope he makes a point of going to see other artists’ concerts before putting a new show together so that he can see just how far they have come in 20 years. As pioneering as he was in the day, it was beginning to look as though he had lost that edge by the time of the HIStory tour. I’m not saying he doesn’t have good ideas, or that he should copy other acts, but he needs to do something fresh. I for one don’t want to see the Dangerous routine again, or even the Billie Jean routine for that matter. I’m sick of them now.

i totally agree with you!!!and i am saying somethnig more he should do that and with his music to his next album he must make the big surprise like madonna did with the ray of light and she had such a big succes after many years.

Obviously MJ is gonna do the old classic like Billie Jean, Beat It and Smooth Criminal because that's what the majority of people wanna hear from him and he'd get alot of flack if he didn't perform them. I would like him to add some songs to the setlist that he's never performed before like Who Is It, Leave Me Alone and Get On The Floor.

And when he performs Thriller i wanna see him wear the red jacket and not the white jacket. The Red Jacket is more iconic.

That White Thriller jacket has always been a pet peeve of mine lol.

Give in to me and Why you wanna trip on me Stranger in moscow(because of the famous moves)
Heartbreaker, you rock my world will you be there:)

This is what i would do to change the setlist up a bit

New Song
New Song
She Drives Me Wild
They Don't Care About Us
New Song (Ballad)
Heartbreak Hotel
Leave Me Alone
Another Part Of Me
Wanna Be Startin Somethin
Human Nature
Smooth Criminal
Liberian Girl
New Song

The Jacksons section (During this part of the show MJ's brothers will join him on stage)

Can you Feel It
Torture
Blame It On The Boogie
Dancing Machine
Never Can Say Goodbye
Shake Your Body (Down The The Ground)

At this point MJ can take a 15-30 minute break depending on how tired he is

Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
Black Or White
Thriller
Billie Jean
Bad
Beat It
Blood On The Dance Floor
*interlude*
Who Is It
Will you Be There
New Song
Earth Song
Unbreakable
The Way you Make Me Feel
Man In The Mirror

Last edited:
Tabloid Junkie
Hold my Hand :D
INVINCIBLE ALBUM :D
We have had enough
and the classics like
billie jean thriller bad beat it...

Lets face it Mike will never be able to drop the Classics from the list .., Thriller, Beat it, Billie Jean, B or W, smooth criminal will remain in every concert MJ performs..

But I think this is what he could do:

Cut the length of Beat it & smooth criminal ( very long performace in the history tour)

drop WBSS & Heal the world ( although I doubt he will drop Heal the world)

include We've had enough (miming the first part of the song wud be fine as long as he ad libs the last part ( which is stunning... the "Did god haer it frm me" part..)

We've had enough & another "world song" from the New album... If you notice Mike always performs two peace songs (atleast) in each concert: During Dangerous tour it was Man in the mirror & Heal the worlds, during History it was heal the World & Earth song..... This set list sould be replaced with We've had enough & another world song from the New album.

Another question is which song will he retain from History? He sould retain atleast one song from Hist if not 2..
I did'nt like it when no songs from hist was performed during the 30th ann.. Clearly the old songs over shadow the New ones.

I think a New slow song will replace Stranger in Moscow for the Robotic dance... just like Human Nature was replaced with Stranger in Moscow.

I hope he includes atleast one song of each album... dont like the fact that Off the wall is ignored...

Like i already mentioned earlier cut short the time on Classics to include more songs..

My ideal track list would be:

1. New Album Song ( fisrt single)
2. New Album Song
3. They dont really care abt us
4. Slow song frm the New album replacing Stranger in Moscow
5. Off the wall Medley
6. Thriller (shorter version)
7. Beat it (shorter version)
8. Billie Jean (cant meddle with this one)
9. Smooth Criminal with a small part of Dirty Diana instead of Dangerous
10. Black or white
11. Jackson5 & the Jacksons Medley: ( abt 10 mins and I hope its mixed well, with one song over lapping another)
I want you back
Dancing Machine
I'll be there (and hope fully the end is not dragged on with the crying part)
Shake your body
Can you feel it
Heart breal hotel
12. Unbreakable with the last part mixed with Heart breaker
13. Heal the world's replacement from the New album
14. We've had enough

If we have more time then include 1 songs or probably 2 short songs from the New album.
n even after that if there is time then include 1 song from History or Bad or even better medley from his earlier solo work (ben, music & me, etc..) although I doubt it..

I would like to see a different set list every night.

Throughout HIStory Tour MJ looked completely and utterly bored. He mimed every night and he didn't even put any effort into looking like he was singing, the dance routines were all half-hearted... The whole thing was literally like watching a Navi performance; somebody who looks a bit like Michael Jackson pulling off some impressive moves but not singing anf not quite doing it right.

I think that was largely boredom. Anyone would get bored if they had to go out every night for two years and mime to the same CD, and do exactly the same thing every night. There's no spontenaity - he might as well have just filmed the first one and played that on the big screens at every subsequent show, saved himself some effort.

I don't know if anyone here went to see Prince at the O2 last year - over the 21 nights he played almost 200 different songs. There were no identical set lists. That works fantastically because it keeps the artist interested and it keeps the repeat attendees interested.

I would like to see the classics either deleted from the show or completely reworked. I simply have no interest in watching a 50 year old Michael Jackson pull on the Beat It jacket and killing himself every night. It's thoroughly demeaning. Furthermore, HIStory Tour and the MSg shows proved conclusively that MJ is completely incapable of pulling off the routines and live vocals at th same time. Maybe back in 1997 it was acceptable, but if MJ got caught miming in this climate, he'd be torn apart. Look what happened when Britney mimed at the VMAs and at X Factor. Utterly torn apart.

Now imagine it's Michael Jackson. Now imagine people have paid to get in. They would crucify him, and deservedly so. Regardless of the negative publicity it would generate, it is simply outrageous to charge paying customers for a live concert then not give them one. If he wants to advertise the concerts as 'mimed', then I would be interested to see how that goes down. However, I suspect he would be rather too ashamed to put the word 'mimed' on the poster - as such, he knows that he shouldn't be doing it. It's thoroughly disrespectful.

So for that reason, he should either ditch the classics or he should rework them so that he can actually sing them.[/]

Interesting that Foxy mentions 'Shake Your Body' and 'Working Day and Night' because I think these are the two songs that most incapsulate what it is that live music is actually about. They are significantly different from the album tracks, they're different every night, they give the crowd something they've never heard before nor will hear again, they make fantastic use of the live band... perfect.

And u obviously dont pay attention to shows, each history tour show was different. same playback but clearly different performances.

first of all pulling his classic hit wud be stupid. especially the 1s that shot him into megastardom. and if u have no interest dont buy a ticket, sit yo tail @ home and do whatever it is u do. Mj was ill during both the history tour and the msg shows so ur logic FAILED. He is very much capable of duing routines and singin @ the same time, its called rehearsals. Are u with mj @ every wakin moment of his day, r u n tour rehearsals with him? u have no idea what goes on behind the scenes to be makin dumb assumptions. and britany spears has mimed most of her career and every1 knows mj can song. and get real now MJ>BS try using another artist maybe sum1 beyond mj..oh wait there is no1, pple will pay regardless. and people paid to see history and the reviews were great, and pple loved the shows. when ur there ur not listening for him miming ur watchin michael jackson and being in the atmosphere is astonishing.

pple have already called u out on ur sh*t on the other board dont bring it here,everything u have said about michael seems to be negative but trying to disguise it as critique ur not foolin any1. u may disguise some words and have some pple agree with u. but if u wanna get ignorant im def the 1 to do it with. u have been warned.

my dream setlist :

1. New album song
2. You rock my world
3. Remember the time
4. Slow song from the new album
5. You are not alone
6. Rock with you
7. P.Y.T. (feat will.i.am ,mix with original and 2008 verison)
8. The girl is mine (feat will.i.am)

3-5 minutes break

Jackson5 & the Jacksons Medley

9. ABC
10. Dancing machine
11. Blame it on the boogie
12. Can you feel it
13. I'll be there

Rock Medley

14. Heartbreaker
15. Dirty Diana
16. Give in to me
17. Beat it
18. Rock song from new album

Break time

19. Thriller (shorter version)
20. Bad
21. Scream
22. Wanna Be Startin' Something (feat.Akon)
23. Hold my Hand (feat.Akon)

24. Billie Jean
25. Speechless
26. Man in the mrror
27. One day in your life

Last edited:
And u obviously dont pay attention to shows, each history tour show was different. same playback but clearly different performances.

first of all pulling his classic hit wud be stupid. especially the 1s that shot him into megastardom. and if u have no interest dont buy a ticket, sit yo tail @ home and do whatever it is u do. Mj was ill during both the history tour and the msg shows so ur logic FAILED. He is very much capable of duing routines and singin @ the same time, its called rehearsals. Are u with mj @ every wakin moment of his day, r u n tour rehearsals with him? u have no idea what goes on behind the scenes to be makin dumb assumptions. and britany spears has mimed most of her career and every1 knows mj can song. and get real now MJ>BS try using another artist maybe sum1 beyond mj..oh wait there is no1, pple will pay regardless. and people paid to see history and the reviews were great, and pple loved the shows. when ur there ur not listening for him miming ur watchin michael jackson and being in the atmosphere is astonishing.

pple have already called u out on ur sh*t on the other board dont bring it here,everything u have said about michael seems to be negative but trying to disguise it as critique ur not foolin any1. u may disguise some words and have some pple agree with u. but if u wanna get ignorant im def the 1 to do it with. u have been warned.

:clapping: if he caused a lot of issues on the other board he needs to be banned. mooods! :help:

I would love for Michael to do more of his ballads:wub:, then a few of his rock songs, as for his J5/Jacksons era well I would lose my damn mind:bugeyed:punk::punk::punk: if he did Blame It On The Boogie, Keep on Dancing, Let Me Show You The Way To Go, and Destiny. Of course Thriller and Beat It would have to be performed and his new songs.:clapping::clapping:

this is mine:

1. New Song
2. New Song
3. YRMW
4. Off The Wall

JACKSON 5/JACKSONS MEDLEY
ABC
I Want You Back
Ill Be There
Dancing Machine
Heartbreak Hotel
Can you Feel It

BREAK

5. Thriller
6. New Song(ballad)
7. Speechless
8. Speed Demon
9. Dangerous
10. Dirty Dianna
11. Billie Jean
12. Smooth Criminal
13. Rock With You
14. You Are my Life(showing his kids to the crowd beforehand, and home videos all of them together would be amazing!)
15. Scream
16. Beat It

BREAK

17. 2000 Watts
18. The Lost Children(Im really expecting it to be in there knowin him..it would be breathtaking if he could get a children's choir to sing some of it too!)
19. TWYMMF
20.. Escape
21. Weve Had Enough
22. HIStory

I know. several songs in there will never happen. :(

They Dont Care About Us
Little Susie
Childhood
GHOST
MONEY
WHATEVR HAPPENS
HEAVEN CAN WAIT
GONE TOO SOON
UNBREAKABLE
THE LOST CHILDREN
WHO IS IT
SPEED DEMON
STRANGER IN MASCOW
BILLIE JEAN
SMOOTH CRIMINAL
IS IT SCARY
BEAUTIFUL GIRL (I would love to see him dance to this)
THE WAY YOU LOVE ME
DIRTY DIANA

And of course new songs!

JACKSON FIVE MEDLEY

BIG BOY
LOOKING THROUGH THE WINDOW
WHO'S LOVING YOU
TORTURE
CAN YOU FEEL IT
DANCING MACHINE

Last edited:
This is what i would do to change the setlist up a bit

New Song
New Song
She Drives Me Wild
They Don't Care About Us
New Song (Ballad)
Heartbreak Hotel
Leave Me Alone
Another Part Of Me
Wanna Be Startin Somethin
Human Nature
Smooth Criminal
Liberian Girl
New Song

The Jacksons section (During this part of the show MJ's brothers will join him on stage)

Can you Feel It
Torture
Blame It On The Boogie
Dancing Machine
Never Can Say Goodbye
Shake Your Body (Down The The Ground)

At this point MJ can take a 15-30 minute break depending on how tired he is

Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
Black Or White
Thriller
Billie Jean
Bad
Beat It
Blood On The Dance Floor
*interlude*
Who Is It
Will you Be There
New Song
Earth Song
Unbreakable
The Way you Make Me Feel
Man In The Mirror

It'll take all the day to perorm all these songs.

Back