Michael visits Bollywood actor Hrithik roshan

drsh83

Proud Member
Hey guys,i havent posted in the forum for sme time,and saw this news clipping..tght its interesting,as it mentions michael's plans to shoot smething,hopefully a new video..http://www.zeenews.com/Entertainment/Movies-Theatre/2008-12-10/489703news.html

Surprise! 'Pop King' Michael Jackson visits Hrithik Roshan in LA!

hrithik-roshan-150.jpg
Spicezee Bureau

Mumbai, Dec 10: Looks like Bollywood’s light-eyed hunk, Hrithik Roshan has some Hollywood bigwig fan following. The actor was recently visited by the King of Pop, Michael Jackson himself. Now, that’s some pleasant surprise for someone who’s a big time ***** fan.

spacer.gif
Grapevine has it that Hrithik couldn’t believe his eyes when the ‘Pop King’ walked into his caravan in Los Angeles, where he was stationed for the shooting of ‘Kites’, being directed by Anurag Basu.

Hrithik, who was busy decking up for the next shot stood aghast when ***** walked in his royal style. A source close to the actor revealed, “Hrithik was in his make-up room when Michael's two bodyguards entered. He was taken aback to see these burly men enter the room. On questioning them, he learnt that they were Michael's body guards.”

Hrithik who is often seen following the jazzy ***** moves for most of his dance sequences was shocked on learning the visitors name.

“Michael introduced himself to Hrithik. It was a funny scene to see someone like him, who the whole world knows introducing himself. The two spoke for a short time and then Michael left”, adds the source.

It is believed that the singer had come to do a recce, as he was to shoot in the same bungalow the following day.

Wow, that's pretty awesome! I hope he's shooting his next short film. And lmaoo on Michael introducing himself, indeed that must be very awkward/funny. Like, "Hi, how are you? I'm Michael Jackson.." loooool :D. Like oh ok, nice to meet you..what was it? Michael? :D

What's a "recce"?

Using context clues..it seems like it means when someone goes to the location that they're going to be shooting in so that they can get a better feel of the place and kind of map it out before actual shooting. But that's just my guess based on the sentence..

What's a "recce"?
MoeJack, your're right.
recce:
If you recce an area, you visit that place in order to become familiar with it. People usually recce an area when they are going to return at a later time to do something there.[ BRIT, OLD-FASHIONED ]

ex. The first duty of a director is to recce his location.

If something is in the working, then...this is fantastic tidbit!

is this the same actor who threw a party in Michaels name at the Oberoi hotel in Mumbai in 1996, when Michael was staying there? He looks like him.... I can't remember the name though. Anyone know?

Cool news titbit! Satyagrahi, I think that may have been Jaaved Jaffrey..though I maybe wrong. It was Jaaved who presented that award to Michael.

What a pleasure it must have been, unbelievable actually

It just proves once again that Michael is the greatest source of inspiration for so many great celebs. :)

is this the same actor who threw a party in Michaels name at the Oberoi hotel in Mumbai in 1996, when Michael was staying there? He looks like him.... I can't remember the name though. Anyone know?

Hi Guys.. im frm India...

It was Javen Jaffery who had presented the Bollywood award to Mike when Mike was in India.

Hrithik Roshan only became a star in the early 2000.. or 2001. so Hrithik was a unknown commodity when Mike was in India..

However Hrithik is considered a very good dancer in the Indian Films, however his style is different.... it is wat mike wud call the aerobic style of dance...

It was Javen Jaffery who had presented the Bollywood award to Mike when Mike was in India.

Hrithik Roshan only became a star in the early 2000.. or 2001. so Hrithik was a unknown commodity when Mike was in India..

However Hrithik is considered a very good dancer in the Indian Films, however his style is different.... it is wat mike wud call the aerobic style of dance...

nevertheless Hrithiks moves are inspired by Michael and he is a big fan he even said so some years ago in an interview.

could one state the date?

Loose translation

There is no date given of his visit
but the article was posted Dec 10th
and it said MJ recently visited the studio to check it out
where it is presumed he would be shooting the next day :)
while he was there he intoduced himself to Hrithik Roshan

so It seem his presumed reason for going there was to rece the area
(check it out) and become familiar with it

Michaele did say he was working hard on
"Music, Flims and perfomances'
in his recent love letter to fans

Loose translation

There is no date given of his visit
but the article was posted Dec 10th
and it said MJ recently visited the studio to check it out
where it is presumed he would be shooting the next day :)
while he was there he intoduced himself to Hrithik Roshan

so It seem his presumed reason for going there was to rece the area
(check it out) and become familiar with it

Michaele did say he was working hard on
"Music, Flims and perfomances'
in his recent love letter to fans

to be honest I kinda doubt that he went there recently the outdoor shooting for Hrithiks movie ended back in October...
He is already back in Mumbai, I dont see him being in the States now :no:

thanks for the reply, Peter_Pan. And Tehara too. :cheers:

It was Javen Jaffery who had presented the Bollywood award to Mike when Mike was in India..

Not sure if there were any other awards presented to him while he was in India during the tour, but the Bollywood Humanitarian award he received was in New York, not in India, in 1999.

Roshan is an awesome dancer, easily the best in the Bollywood film industry you can see him doing some of Jacksons moves but the guy has his own style and he's done some great roles too I reckon people should check out his films like Fiza and Jodaa akbar

I wonder if Michael has ever seen Bollywood Thriller?

I really think he would laugh sooo much if he saw it!

Afterall he likes parodies, he was the first to allow his videos to be parodied. Beat it - Eat it and Bad - Fat!

Lol, is it me or this isn't the first time Michael introduces himself in front of people? :lol:
It is a bit weird, though it is the normal thing to do when you meet a new person, lol. :D

Thanks for posting, nice read ^_^

Back