Michael Jackson Auction in 2009 [Official auction trailer on Post #160]

Re: Michael Jackson Auction in 2009

ok, we posted this at the EXACT same time, lol...mods can delete mine if they wish! haha

ok, we posted this at the EXACT same time, lol...mods can delete mine if they wish! haha

I know that was weird. At least I'm not the only one to google news "michael jackson" at 8 in the morning! hahaha :D

Members are not permitted to use the prefixes. Clicks to see what auction is all about lol.

I don't get it at all, what is that about? :no:

Its an auction of "the personal property of Michael Jackson and the contents of Neverland Ranch."

Some of the items include..."an astounding array of Fine & Decorative Art items, paintings and life size bronze and marble sculptures to Memorabilia from the Life & Career of Michael Jackson. The auction also includes Amusements, Arcade Games & Disneyana, Entertainment Memorabilia and Garden Statuary Furniture from the personal collection of Michael Jackson."

Its an auction of "the personal property of Michael Jackson and the contents of Neverland Ranch."

Some of the items include..."an astounding array of Fine & Decorative Art items, paintings and life size bronze and marble sculptures to Memorabilia from the Life & Career of Michael Jackson. The auction also includes Amusements, Arcade Games & Disneyana, Entertainment Memorabilia and Garden Statuary Furniture from the personal collection of Michael Jackson."

Oh, thank you :)

is anybody of you buying this catalog? 500$ is just too much, but 100$..hm..sounds ok doesn't it? oh boy, I don't know what to do :D

It's sad that he's selling all this stuff but well, I guess that's part of his 'past' and now he wants to move on to the future.. :)

Thanx for posting!

I can't belive what I'm reading, this is huuge, I mean, Michael's personal belongings being sold is quite sad actually, for me atleast. All the memoribilia wich he has collected over the years, his personal belongings stage costumes etc. This is defenitly the end of Neverland as we know it. I know Michael can't live in the past and has do to what's best for him. At this point in his life and career I think this is the best for him as far as his career and image goes. And Michael wouldn't never let go of these things if he didn't want to. At the end of the day he's the one deciding this, and as long as he's happy with it. I'm fine :)

(starts saving money for april lol)

Ok, I finally admit it.
Mike is broke.

Selling off Neverland to Sycamore valley was one thing, and span by some as a smart business move (rather than as a consequence of his financial state), but I can't really see any reason to sell of all these personal items unless he absolutely needs to.
If he could afford to keep them in storage somewhere then he would.
He needs to get back to work and actually release something soon before this mess gets worse, not just work endlessly in the studio - that doesn't generate profit.

hm, I don't think that's 'proof' that Michael's broke. Obviously he doesn't want to live on this property. And during his career he surely acquired lots of stuff. Michael isn't the only star who's selling personal items from time to time, several stars do because they simply got too much :D

Lord knows where he's planning to live from now on. Perhaps his next property is smaller and he doesn't want to keep all those things, who knows?

And I'm sure he doesn't sell ALL his stuff. He's surely keeping his favourite items.

Ok, I finally admit it.
Mike is broke.

Selling off Neverland to Sycamore valley was one thing, and span by some as a smart business move (rather than as a consequence of his financial state), but I can't really see any reason to sell of all these personal items unless he absolutely needs to.
If he could afford to keep them in storage somewhere then he would.
He needs to get back to work and actually release something soon before this mess gets worse, not just work endlessly in the studio - that doesn't generate profit.

Michale has new stuff now :)
Seems to me hes just cleaning out his attic and closet because he has no use for all the stuff
he accumulated at Neverland _ He doesn't want it or need it all _ Im sure he kept that which has
the most value to him and is letting the rest go _ if he isnt using it , its just clutter ...

also a portion of the proceeds are going to Charity

a portion of the proceeds benefiting MusiCares®,
a charity of The Recording Academy®.

Your shouldnt assume and make it into more than it is.
Believe what you want but Michael doesnt need YOUR
negativity or advice in this matter -

Last edited:

I want to buy a catalogue. Do they accept Maestro cards? Will Maestro come under MasterCard? :(

hm, I don't think that's 'proof' that Michael's broke. Obviously he doesn't want to live on this property. And during his career he surely acquired lots of stuff. Michael isn't the only star who's selling personal items from time to time, several stars do because they simply got too much :D

Lord knows where he's planning to live from now on. Perhaps his next property is smaller and he doesn't want to keep all those things, who knows?

And I'm sure he doesn't sell ALL his stuff. He's surely keeping his favourite items.

I agree with you. I mean, this is nothing new, they have ALL done it at one time or another.

Aside from the fact, MJ must have LOADS of stuff. He's been in the business for how long now, what is it 40+ years. The stuff that he is selling is probably a very small fraction of what he has acquired over his career.

And doesn't he also rent a airplane hanger somewhere in California, which holds a bunch of MORE stuff. And let's not talk about the 50+ cars he owns. Man, in short, I would have to say that Michael Jackson just has TOO much stuff. LOL!

I agree with you. I mean, this is nothing new, they have ALL done it at one time or another.

Aside from the fact, MJ must have LOADS of stuff. He's been in the business for how long now, what is it 40+ years. The stuff that he is selling is probably a very small fraction of what he has acquired over his career.

And doesn't he also rent a airplane hanger somewhere in California, which holds a bunch of MORE stuff. And let's not talk about the 50+ cars he owns. Man, in short, I would have to say that Michael Jackson just has TOO much stuff. LOL!

About the the 50 cars and hangar in cali... do you have more info on that?

I want to buy a catalogue. Do they accept Maestro cards? Will Maestro come under MasterCard? :(

You could always try and find out :)

I'm getting the 100$ one, Just out of curiosity :p
I don't see why anyone would buy an MJ signed Item if it wasn't signed in person and especially for you!

is anybody of you buying this catalog? 500$ is just too much, but 100$..hm..sounds ok doesn't it? oh boy, I don't know what to do :D

It's sad that he's selling all this stuff but well, I guess that's part of his 'past' and now he wants to move on to the future.. :)

I wish I had $500 or even $100 that I could spend on buying the catalog. I hate being a poor college student!! hahaha :D

Oh, thank you :)

Your welcome!! :flowers:

Thanx for posting!

I can't belive what I'm reading, this is huuge, I mean, Michael's personal belongings being sold is quite sad actually, for me atleast. All the memoribilia wich he has collected over the years, his personal belongings stage costumes etc. This is defenitly the end of Neverland as we know it. I know Michael can't live in the past and has do to what's best for him. At this point in his life and career I think this is the best for him as far as his career and image goes. And Michael wouldn't never let go of these things if he didn't want to. At the end of the day he's the one deciding this, and as long as he's happy with it. I'm fine :)

(starts saving money for april lol)

I completely agree with you. It is sad and I know that if I had a lot of stuff hanging around I'd get rid of it eventually. It kind of reminds me of a yard sale but because its a high profile celebrity they call it an auction. It sounds better and the media can't change the words in the headline too much to make it sound like a bad thing, which it's not. *also starts saving money* :D

Good point. I didnt think of that!

Even when Michael is auctioning stuff off he donates to charity. Which makes me think that he isn't broke. If you were dead broke you still wouldn't be donating to charity!

You could always try and find out :)

I'm getting the 100$ one, Just out of curiosity :p
I don't see why anyone would buy an MJ signed Item if it wasn't signed in person and especially for you!

Yeah, I'll be buying the $100 one as well.

I'll have to wait until after Christmas though, will it still be available by then?

I wish I had $500 or even $100 that I could spend on buying the catalog. I hate being a poor college student!! hahaha :D

Your welcome!! :flowers:

I completely agree with you. It is sad and I know that if I had a lot of stuff hanging around I'd get rid of it eventually. It kind of reminds me of a yard sale but because its a high profile celebrity they call it an auction. It sounds better and the media can't change the words in the headline too much to make it sound like a bad thing, which it's not. *also starts saving money* :D

Good point. I didnt think of that!

Even when Michael is auctioning stuff off he donates to charity. Which makes me think that he isn't broke. If you were dead broke you still wouldn't be donating to charity!

Hey, we could buy something real expensive together, and I would have it for one month and you could have it the next month and so on.. LOL

Portion's of it will go to charity. As far as we know that portion could be 1%.
All artist donate to charity in fear of being called greedy and egoistic :D

Not that it matters. Just a comment, that charity doesn't have to mean anything

Yeah, I'll be buying the $100 one as well.

I'll have to wait until after Christmas though, will it still be available by then?

cool... yeah I guess they'll still have it because it didnt mention anything about how many they'd stock. Just the signed one being limited to 500.

I am really interested in what Michael is going to sell. Btw: Where are all the gifts and presents, fans gave to Michael the last years ?

Oh and i came across this picture ...

large_57_2009-michael-jackson.jpg

I'll buy the one for 100$ as well..
Even tho' I think it's kinda sad, his personal stuff getting sold. :/

who knows, maybe it is the right decision !

shame. the media will have a field day with this when they pick it up

Beginning with a highlights tour to major cities worldwide, Julien's Auctions will host a 7 day museum quality exhibition at 9900 Wilshire adjacent to The Beverly Hilton open to the public on Tuesday April 14th through Monday April 20th,
intresting bit i guess

Upcoming Auctions

King of Pop: A once in a lifetime Auction Featuring
The Personal Property of
Michael Jackson

with a Portion of the Proceeds Benefiting MusiCares®
April 21st – 25th, 2009
9900 Wilshire adjacent to

in Beverly Hills, California

Live Broadcast By:

a.jpg
n array of treasures from Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch ranging from Michael Jackson's iconic white-jeweled glove to the grandiose entry gates to Neverland Ranch are up for sale in a tour de force auction boasting more than 2,000 items in a live auction conducted by Julien's Auctions. Beginning with a highlights tour to major cities worldwide, Julien's Auctions will host a 7 day museum quality exhibition at 9900 Wilshire adjacent to The Beverly Hilton open to the public on Tuesday April 14th through Monday April 20th, the auction begins on Tuesday, April 21st and runs through Saturday April 25th.
This monumental five-day auction to be conducted by Julien's Auctions April 21st-25th, 2009 at 9900 Wilshire Boulevard adjacent to the legendary Beverly Hilton Hotel, offers an astounding array of Fine & Decorative Art items, paintings and life size bronze and marble sculptures to Memorabilia from the Life & Career of Michael Jackson. The auction also includes Amusements, Arcade Games & Disneyana, Entertainment Memorabilia and Garden Statuary Furniture from the personal collection of Michael Jackson with a portion of the proceeds benefiting MusiCares®, a charity of The Recording Academy®. Auction Network will broadcast the auction live on national television and stream video of the auction online providing fans all over the world a front row seat to watch and bid in real time on the items up for sale.
Michael Jackson began his assent to the zenith of international pop culture in the 1970's as the stand-out member of the Jackson 5. His aspirations for success as a solo artist would be realized beyond anyone's wildest imagination in the following decade with the release of his albums Off The Wall, Thriller, and Bad. His altruistic personality and undeniable musical talent proved him capable of reinventing everything from music industry conventions to age-old racial barriers, becoming the first black entertainer to be embraced by the new crossover audience of the MTV generation. “The King of Pop” became one of the defining aspects of 1980's popular culture. His highly acclaimed, extravagant worldwide tours propelled him into the international spotlight, earning him recognition and respect from millions of fans around the world. Michael Jackson's innovations reach far beyond his groundbreaking musical aesthetic extending from short film to high fashion and influencing countless generations to come.
Neverland Ranch is named after Peter Pan's magical island whose youthful inhabitants never grow up and was created in 1988 when Michael Jackson purchased the 2,700-acre property in central California's wine country.
Neverland became an awe-inspiring wonderland containing larger-than-life superheroes, a custom made horse-drawn carriage and antique automobile replicas, top-tier 19th century paintings and sculpture, exquisite furniture and fine art, renowned international awards and Michael Jackson's iconic concert costumes.
Michael Jackson was an enthusiastic and avid collector of everything from exquisite antiques to prized entertainment and popular culture memorabilia. Julien's Auctions is proud to present all these items and much more for sale to the public in this once-in-a-lifetime auction of the personal property of Michael Jackson and the contents of Neverland Ranch.
Beginning February 15th, 2009, bidders will be able to place proxy bids, register for the auction and explore the history of the more than 2,000 lots in this historic auction by visiting www.juliensauctions.com.
The Catalogue

The six box set catalogue can be pre-purchased by logging on to www.juliensauctions.com or by calling (310) 836-1818. The catalogues are comprised of a 6 book set in a hard box cover and the price is $100 per set plus shipping and handling. A limited edition catalogue box set, signed and numbered by Michael Jackson, will be available for $500 plus shipping and handling.
Exhibition Schedule:
Tuesday, April 14th – Monday, April 20th
Open to the Public (10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Daily)
Auction Schedule:
Tuesday, April 21st – Saturday, April 25th
Auctions Begin at 9:00 a.m. Daily
at 9900 Wilshire adjacent to

in Beverly Hills, California
Auction Inquiries:
juliens-auctions-logo-gold.jpg

P.O. Box 691789
West Hollywood, California 90069
Phone: 310-836-1818 • Fax: 310-827-2125
Email
Web: www.juliensauctions.com
www.juliensauctions.co.uk

Registering to Bid
Registration is required to bid in this live auction and can be done either in person at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California, or by visiting our Register page before the sale or by calling (310) 816-1818. Online bidding registration can be completed via Auction Network online.
Placing Bids

There are four ways to bid in this sale:
  • Place bids in the room by attending the auction in person
  • Bid over the telephone through an auction house representative, who sits in the room and conveys the bid to the auctioneer
  • Enter Absentee bids. Absentee bid forms are printed in the back of each catalogue, and are also available by calling Julien's Auctions or online at www.juliensauctions.com
  • Proxy and live interactive bidding prior to and during the auction is available online through Auction Network

not saying anyone cares just pointing out the obvious.
question is will anyone buy the tacky crap urns lol

Back