I Truly understand y mike is taking this break

trellmj

Proud Member
Well some people dont understand that mike benn ginving us hits since 1970. He been in this business going on 38 years. Thats a long time. He now had hit afta hit afta hit. And havent had a break yet. He been goin goin and damn going. Since 1970. So i really understand y het just relaxing and taking care of his kids. This man had no break yet. If he wasnt making music he was touring for 2 years. Then another cd then tour agian. The same thing over and over agin. Give this man a break

trellmj

Rest

Well some people dont understand that mike been ginving us hits since 1970. He been in this business going on 38 years. Thats a long time. He now had hit afta hit afta hit. And havent had a break yet. He been goin goin and damn going. Since 1970. So i really understand y het just relaxing and taking care of his kids. This man had no break yet. If he wasnt making music he was touring for 2 years. Then another cd then tour agian. The same thing over and over agin. Give this man a break

trellmj
That doesn't really mean anything, maybe he's just not into it anymore. B.B. King has been touring and recording every year since the mid-1940s and still is. He doesn't tour the whole year like when he was young, but maybe half a year and he's 84 years old. And Mr. King is a millionaire, so he doesn't need the money.

Well some people dont understand that mike benn ginving us hits since 1970. He been in this business going on 38 years. Thats a long time. He now had hit afta hit afta hit. And havent had a break yet. He been goin goin and damn going. Since 1970. So i really understand y het just relaxing and taking care of his kids. This man had no break yet. If he wasnt making music he was touring for 2 years. Then another cd then tour agian. The same thing over and over agin. Give this man a break

trellmj

Amen to that one....I completely concur. Any man doing that much work year after year is deserving of a break. I am not upset he isn't performing. I'm just glad he's well and happy..

well break times over RELEASE SOMETHING PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!! (even if its a fart (noise) )

RELEASE IT!!!!

I totally agree (not with u chaos, sorry lol). Mike's also been very ill, plus he's taken a hell of a lot of sh*t from people...something that artists like B.B. King and James Brown never had to go through.

Sorry, but if he never released anything again i would not blame him!

hes done sooo much for us over the years and taking in the fact that he did those court cases which was hell for us so imagine what it was like for him.

Re: Rest

That doesn't really mean anything, maybe he's just not into it anymore. B.B. King has been touring and recording every year since the mid-1940s and still is. He doesn't tour the whole year like when he was young, but maybe half a year and he's 84 years old. And Mr. King is a millionaire, so he doesn't need the money.

okay thats is bb king. mj and bb king are 2 differnt people. bb king didnt go through all the pressure like mike did-trellmj

Amen to that one....I completely concur. Any man doing that much work year after year is deserving of a break. I am not upset he isn't performing. I'm just glad he's well and happy..

thank u babe. dont be mad fans he done so much for the fans omg. to the world. let em rest. he be bck

I totally agree (not with u chaos, sorry lol). Mike's also been very ill, plus he's taken a hell of a lot of sh*t from people...something that artists like B.B. King and James Brown never had to go through.

thanks for agreeing with me. i mean he been through hell so if he relsease it will be great. the classics will live on forever so, im happy-trelljj

okay thats is bb king. mj and bb king are 2 differnt people. bb king didnt go through all the pressure like mike did-trellmj

Back when B.B. started, just being black was pressure. He grew up picking cotton all day for little or no money when he was about 7 years old. His grandparents had been slaves. He saw people that had been lynched, his tour bus had been shot at by racists, and a lot of other things during Jim Crow, I'd say that is a bigger problem than tabloid stories. He also had a harder time because he performed a type of music that didn't get airplay or sold a lot and the blues was considered low class by a lot of people, but he persisted. He performed for over 20 years before he really made any money or got popular outside of the juke joint audience, and that was just because some young white British acts were blues fans and populaized B.B. and other blues performers to the masses.

Last edited:

Back when B.B. started, just being black was pressure. He grew up picking cotton all day for little or no money when he was about 7 years old. His grandparents had been slaves. He saw people that had been lynched, his tour bus had been shot at by racists, and a lot of other things during Jim Crow, I'd say that is a bigger problem than tabloid stories. He also had a harder time because he performed a type of music that didn't get airplay or sold a lot and the blues was considered low class by a lot of people, but he persisted. He performed for over 20 years before he really made any money or got popular outside of the juke joint audience, and that was just because some young white British acts were blues fans and populaized B.B. and other blues performers to the masses.

B.B. King's entire career is amazing. It's lasted like, what, 60 years. Ironically though he was a blues legend for the first 22 years of his career, it wasn't until "The Thrill is Gone" (1969) that he became a superstar in the mainstream.

oh ok. but how this thread became a bb king thread

i think michael needs a break as much as any working person. I don't think he needs it in a special way, in fact he got time to relax between albums. Look at Prince's discography he's done like 35 studio albums

Agreed. People act like he only has 6 studio albums, but he actually has 10 (Got To Be There, Ben, Music and Me, and Forever Michael are studio albums.) He's been recording, either solo or with the Jackson 5, since he was 5, which is close to 50 or 60 albums that he's appeared on, not including compliations (that's a ballpark figure, but pretty close.) That's a s***load of albums, and people are asking for a new one! I don't blame him for relaxing and enjoying spending time with his family, and taking his time until he gets it right.

For someone who's given us music so selflessly, it's insulting when fans demand more and more. And for someone who's had the life he has (including a criminal trial that nearly killed him)...people need to cut him a break.

i think michael needs a break as much as any working person. I don't think he needs it in a special way, in fact he got time to relax between albums. Look at Prince's discography he's done like 35 studio albums

yea prince has a lot of ablums but they dont sell
yea i said it they wasnt sellers
trellmj

yea prince has a lot of ablums but they dont sell
yea i said it they wasnt sellers
trellmj
Selling has nothing to do with working. I think the point was that Prince puts out a lot of music. Prince has never really cared about selling a lot of records, just that he can put out whatever he wants when he wants to. That was one of his problems with Warners. He would just record some stuff, turn it in to them and go on to the next thing. The record company wanted him to promote whatever current album he had out, when he had 2 or 3 more albums that he wanted to release at the same time and had no interest in promoting "old" stuff. Prince is a studio junkie who has over 1,200 unreleased songs, and doesn't really enjoy doing anything else, so Prince isn't really relevant to MJ.

Selling has nothing to do with working. I think the point was that Prince puts out a lot of music. Prince has never really cared about selling a lot of records, just that he can put out whatever he wants when he wants to. That was one of his problems with Warners. He would just record some stuff, turn it in to them and go on to the next thing. The record company wanted him to promote whatever current album he had out, when he had 2 or 3 more albums that he wanted to release at the same time and had no interest in promoting "old" stuff. Prince is a studio junkie who has over 1,200 unreleased songs, and doesn't really enjoy doing anything else, so Prince isn't really relevant to MJ.

yea prince do have a asssssssssss of cds omg
but where is he now???????????????????????

Hey Trellmj, good call with coining Prince as a "studio junkie,'' that's a perfect description of his mindset for making music. That in no way is a jab or negative thing to call him, it's just facts. Good, bad, or in between Prince still has released alot of material which is good for any Prince fans b/c it keeps them happy. MJ has probably written hundreds if not thousands of more songs and material than Prince. It's just that MJ is incredibly precise and maticulous with what gets recorded and released. It's a tactic that worked for a while, but now new fans and old fans alike are starving for new material like it's no one's business.

B.B. King has had his own routine for over 40 years, but it's been much more low key and toned down than anything MJ or James Brown ever did.

James Brown went through alot of trouble for those who don't know. He was arrested and jailed at one point. But James was also from a different time when a performer was a performer and that's it. He was the ultimate showman who performed until literally death. James never knew anything else than to go 100% and full throttle in terms of performing alot and performing as much as his body would permit. He had a side life, but it was riddled with family problems and other issues. He's the best example of a performer who was a pure performing entertainer. We'll never see another like him, he literally danced and danced until he couldn't dance nemore. We'll hands down never see another artist who went as long as James Brown did.

MJ has said it many times, he doesn't want to be on stage until he dies like James Brown At the rate James went, and the energy he had, if he retired or slowed down 20 years before his time was up he probably could have lived until his 100's for all we know. Times are different and performers come and go. Mj is special though, he's the last of a breed of artists who gave us all he had through music and performances. But for such a large decrease in material and performances from MJ definately has sucked and he needs to return to top form and show he can still do what he did 10 or even 20 years ago.

Last edited:
Hey Trellmj, good call with coining Prince as a "studio junkie,'' that's a perfect description of his mindset for making music. That in no way is a jab or negative thing to call him, it's just facts. Good, bad, or in between Prince still has released alot of material which is good for any Prince fans b/c it keeps them happy. MJ has probably written hundreds if not thousands of more songs and material than Prince. It's just that MJ is incredibly precise and maticulous with what gets recorded and released. It's a tactic that worked for a while, but now new fans and old fans alike are starving for new material like it's no one's business.

B.B. King has had his own routine for over 40 years, but it's been much more low key and toned down than anything MJ or James Brown ever did.

James Brown went through alot of trouble for those who don't know. He was arrested and jailed at one point. But James was also from a different time when a performer was a performer and that's it. He was the ultimate showman who performed until literally death. James never knew anything else than to go 100% and full throttle in terms of performing alot and performing as much as his body would permit. He had a side life, but it was riddled with family problems and other issues. He's the best example of a performer who was a pure performing entertainer. We'll never see another like him, he literally danced and danced until he couldn't dance nemore. We'll hands down never see another artist who went as long as James Brown did.

MJ has said it many times, he doesn't want to be on stage until he dies like James Brown At the rate James went, and the energy he had, if he retired or slowed down 20 years before his time was up he probably could have lived until his 100's for all we know. Times are different and performers come and go. Mj is special though, he's the last of a breed of artists who gave us all he had through music and performances. But for such a large decrease in material and performances from MJ definately has sucked and he needs to return to top form and show he can still do what he did 10 or even 20 years ago.

thanks i agree with u
mr brown is the hardest wroking man that ever live
and i personally know him
and went to his funeral
and seen mike there
it was one of the happesist but saddest day of my life
i have apic of mike being scared of all the nervous people who wanted mike to perfrom
mike was so shy
he was crying it was amazing
yea james brown is from my hometown augusta gerorgia
and mike always used come in the early 2000s to james brown house to visit
it was crazy

trellmj

Thanks for agreeing Trellmj. Without James Brown there'd be no Michael Jackson today. James Brown is the ultimate showman and i'd like him to be remembered that way. We've never heard alot about interactions between MJ and James Brown. Hopefully some day Mj will tell us stories about when he used to hang out with him. I mean they MUST have seen eachother and spent time with eachtoher more than any of us know.

Thanks for agreeing Trellmj. Without James Brown there'd be no Michael Jackson today. James Brown is the ultimate showman and i'd like him to be remembered that way. We've never heard alot about interactions between MJ and James Brown. Hopefully some day Mj will tell us stories about when he used to hang out with him. I mean they MUST have seen eachother and spent time with eachtoher more than any of us know.

yea james brown is the hardest working man in showbiz
yea i hope he tell us how he used to learn form james brown
but my best friend is james brown neice
and she told me classic stories about james and michael
iwas appall
trelljj

Back