What's "COME TOGETHER" doing 'n here?!

roiklow

Proud Member
Hello everybody!

My favorite album of MJ is HIStory but something has always bugged me about this album. Why did they put a bad-era song such as Come Together wich is a cover of a beatles song on a 1995 album with songs mostly written and composed by MJ and where MJ plays lots of instruments. I Just Don't Get It. 14 tracks would be too short for an album?

Isn't "The Way You Make Me Feel" also on HIStory? It's a Bad era track too, lol.

Hello everybody!

My favorite album of MJ is HIStory but something has always bugged me about this album. Why did they put a bad-era song such as Come Together wich is a cover of a beatles song on a 1995 album with songs mostly written and composed by MJ and where MJ plays lots of instruments. I Just Don't Get It. 14 tracks would be too short for an album?

:angel:Mr.Jackson speaks to the world through his music, the "HIStory" Book I Album/CD tells a story..!
He don't sing it if he don't mean it..! :angel:

Hello everybody!

cus MJ owns the song. lol

Come Together should have been the main attraction on a soundtrack cd to MoonWalker

Originally, "Why" was suppose to be on HIStory, but because 3T loved the song, it was removed from HIStory. In it's place was "Come Together".

I kinda wished the live version was on the album instead because it's longer, and makes you get up and dance more than the studio version.

Originally, "Why" was suppose to be on HIStory, but because 3T loved the song, it was removed from HIStory. In it's place was "Come Together".

I kinda wished the live version was on the album instead because it's longer, and makes you get up and dance more than the studio version.

Here's an explanation. Plus knowing that MJ wanted a 15-track album (2 cds with both 15 tracks) he could not leave a hole in there.

So that's why i guess!

Personaly i like this version of Come Together but when you I listen to an album (a complete full studio album (no greatest hits, no live album i mean) it's like reading a book you have the result of what this artist is feeling at that particular time what kind of arrangements and new tech has he used in that particular time. So puting in the midle a song that corresponds to another era, another time, another story really, decreases, in my opinion, the overall quality of the album. (It is still my favourite though:wub:)
I would History Album to include BOTDF instead of Come Together! it would have been awesome :p

thats was in the greatest hits disc, hes talkin about the disc full of the new songs.
It was a joke
Personaly i like this version of Come Together but when you I listen to an album (a complete full studio album (no greatest hits, no live album i mean) it's like reading a book you have the result of what this artist is feeling at that particular time what kind of arrangements and new tech has he used in that particular time. So puting in the midle a song that corresponds to another era, another time, another story really, decreases, in my opinion, the overall quality of the album. (It is still my favourite though:wub:)
I would History Album to include BOTDF instead of Come Together! it would have been awesome :p
I really learned a lot about Alvin, Simon, & Theodore from listening to their "Chipmunk Rock" album. :tease:

Last edited:

Really? I did not know this...

made me laugh when at the time history was released prob the most well known DJ in the uk played this song(as they were playing a song from the new album on each show on the station). and didnt even realise it was a beatles cover.he thought it was a new mj track and had no idea it was around 7 years old aswell. great research! lol

Back