Interview: Matt Forger speaks

mjdatabank

Proud Member
December 16th:

Exclusive - Matt Forger Speaks *

matt_forger.jpg

Matt Forger has been working with Michael Jackson since the Thriller days.

When you think of excellence, pioneering, hard work and innovation, Matt Forger is never far. Forger and Jackson teamed up on various projects such as Thriller, the Victory Tour, Captain Eo, and all Michael Jackson's projects up to Thriller the 25th Anniversary Edition.

In our exclusive interview, Matt Forger talks about the creation of Thriller, working with Michael Jackson... and more...

MJ data bank: How and when did you meet Michael Jackson ? What was the first Michael Jackson related project you worked on ?

Matt Forger: I met Michael when the recording of the Thriller album began. I had been working with Quincy Jones, Bruce Swedien and Rod Temperton on a few album projects and his was the next project on Quincy's schedule. (MORE)

t25book.jpg

*: This is the Full Length Version of this Matt Forger interview published in:

Thriller 25th Anniversary: The Book, Celebrating the Biggest Selling Album of All Time

Interview by: Richard Lecocq / MJ data bank
Photos: DR

oh yeah, my fave kind of interviews! thanks for posting! :yes:

Thank you very much for your comments :)

Matt Forger must have been first hand witness of memorable times in the studio...
Just think of all the unreleased tracks he should have heard....

Well done, mjdatabank! That was a nice read. Thanks for sharing. :flowers:

Thanks again peeps ;)

Again, 2008 has been a good year for Michael Jackson: the T25 campaign was a good opportunity for fans and people to focus on the Master's music and legacy.

Thriller will live forever, we can also all be glad to see new fans jumping in the wagon thanks to that re-release ;)

Thanks for posting this great interview, mjdatabank.
I really enjoyed reading this. Thanks again

Back