December 16, 2008

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
There wasn't a news thread yet so I went ahead and posted one. So here's what's up in the world of MJ...

Sony loads music and movies onto MicroVault Click USB drives, can ...
[SIZE=-1]engadget, CA - 1 hour ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]All rants aside, Sony has just introduced new pre-loaded MicroVault Click USB drives, and the first three include Michael Jackson's Thriller (2GB; $19.99), ...[/SIZE]

Why Quincy Jones calls Michael Jackson "Smelly"
[SIZE=-1]6abc.com, PA - 2 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](AP Photo/Tom Gannam) WASHINGTON (AP) - December 16, 2008 -- It's been a long journey since the days when Quincy Jones referred to Michael Jackson as ...[/SIZE]

Junkyard Scientists
[SIZE=-1]Get Bracknell, UK - 7 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]... Junkyard Scientists pair the big band sound of classic soul & funk with the contemporary styles of Timbaland, Jamiroquai and Michael Jackson. ...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]BBC News[/SIZE]
New face of law and order in the West Bank
[SIZE=-1]Times Online, UK - 17 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The traffic cop doing Michael Jackson-esque moves outside the Stars and Bucks café in busy Ramallah attracts a lot of attention. To many however, the sight ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Dancing policeman becomes internet hit [SIZE=-1]Telegraph.co.uk[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]BBC News[/SIZE]
Hollywood's sleuth to the stars jailed
[SIZE=-1]Times Online, UK - 9 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Mr Pellicano, whose clients included Tom Cruise, Michael Jackson as well as high level Hollywood executives, had already been convicted on 78 counts of ...[/SIZE]

Today in
Michael Jackson History
2003 - Michael Jackson's album "Number Ones" was certified Gold by the RIAA.

Awesomeness. The USB thingy is finally released. Very nice.

Thanks for posting the news and mentionings.

December 16 N&M

Hey guys. Shall we...

Cdn. Choreographer Demonstrates How To Dance At The Office Holiday Party

Ah, the holidays.
A time when co-workers, freed from the constraints of the cubicle, break out their dancing shoes at the annual non-denominational end-of-December party.
No one is expecting Beyonce-like moves on the floor, but when moon-walking is horribly out of date and standing at the bar getting quietly hammered is seriously frowned-upon, what's an office-party bound gal to do?

Cheesman has been dancing since his figure-skating coach forced him to the barre.
"I took tap, which has nothing to do with skating," he admits.
"But I always liked Sammy Davis Jr."

That led him to the Alvin Ailey School in New York and his first job at the age of 17: appearing in Michael Jackson's "Bad" video.

"It was a great first job," he laughs.

"Most of my career has been based in music videos, you know, working with Michael and Janet [Jackson] on the most expensive video ever made" - he's talking about the billion-dollar Scream - and doing tours or directing and choreographing music videos.

"But most recently I've been living in London....I'm making the switch from the music video world to the stage."

Full article http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_30147.aspx

WASHINGTON (AP) - December 16, 2008 -- It's been a long journey since the days when Quincy Jones referred to Michael Jackson as "Smelly."

Jones says he called Jackson that when they were recording "Thriller" because that was Jackson's term for "funky."
Jones says he's sad that Jackson is not living up to his potential these days, but he figures Jackson is coming to grips with a lot of things.

He says Jackson used to apologize to him all the time for what he has done to his face, but Jones says that's "a very personal decision."
Jones has a new book out called "The Complete Quincy Jones: My Journey and Passions

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/entertainment&id=6557913

Junkyard Scientists

Junkyard Scientists are a 9-piece funk and soul outfit, born from the thriving music scenes around London and Reading.
With a passion for live performance and a do-it-yourself mentality, Junkyard have honed and fine-tuned a stage show that has risen the bar wherever they’ve played.
Influenced by soul/ funk pioneers such as George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic, Curtis Mayfield and Stevie Wonder, Junkyard Scientists pair the big band sound of classic soul & funk with the contemporary styles of Timbaland, Jamiroquai and Michael Jackson.

More http://www.getbracknell.co.uk/entertainment/music/local_bands/s/2039119_junkyard_scientists

Today in
Michael Jackson History
2003 - Michael Jackson's album "Number Ones" was certified Gold by the RIAA.

2004 - FOX News reported that Deborah Rowe had been subpoenaed to testify in the Michael Jackson child-molestation case.

Number-Ones4.jpg

Re: December 16 N&M

I feel a thread merge comin' on. :lol: Thanks for the news.

WASHINGTON (AP) - December 16, 2008 -- It's been a long journey since the days when Quincy Jones referred to Michael Jackson as "Smelly."

Jones says he called Jackson that when they were recording "Thriller" because that was Jackson's term for "funky."
Jones says he's sad that Jackson is not living up to his potential these days, but he figures Jackson is coming to grips with a lot of things.

He says Jackson used to apologize to him all the time for what he has done to his face, but Jones says that's "a very personal decision."
Jones has a new book out called "The Complete Quincy Jones: My Journey and Passions

I'm sorry, but I have to LAUGH!

Quincy has had a vast career in his own right, but watch, everytime they mention his new book, they are ONLY going to be talking about the Michael Jackson portion of the book. WATCH!

LOL!

I feel a thread merge comin' on. :lol: Thanks for the news.

Here at mjjc we are a bunch of over productive folks. You see, me and Shannon had a bet on who would do the news thread the fastest. I guess nobody won! lolol

here is some other bizniz news tidbits:
Sony/ATV rolls with rest of Oasis
[SIZE=-1]musicweek.com, UK - Dec 5, 2008[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]By Paul Williams Sony/ATV has confirmed a worldwide publishing deal with Oasis members Liam Gallagher, Glem Archer and Andy Bell. The deal means all members ...[/SIZE]

Police blotter: Hummer owner reports break-in on 300 block of 8th ...
[SIZE=-1]Huntington Herald Dispatch, WV - 12 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]STOLEN VEHICLE: A resident on the 1200 block of 10th Avenue reported his ATV and trailer stolen on Friday. The owner reported the items had been stored on ...[/SIZE]
Sony/ATV rolls with rest of Oasis
[SIZE=-1]musicweek.com, UK - Dec 5, 2008[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]By Paul Williams Sony/ATV has confirmed a worldwide publishing deal with Oasis members Liam Gallagher, Glem Archer and Andy Bell. The deal means all members ...[/SIZE]
Cohen to receive £1m for 'X Factor' song
[SIZE=-1]Digital Spy, UK - Dec 14, 2008[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Sony/ATV chief executive Marty Bandier told The Times that commercial use of the song usually comes with a large price tag. "We get a host of requests from ...[/SIZE]
The New 2010 Recon ZX Toy Hauler by Jayco, Makes its Debut at the ...
[SIZE=-1]PRX Releases (press release), CA - 1 hour ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Other available options include a Sony Xplod subwoofer and amplifier with exterior waterproof Sony exterior remote and 5500-watt generator. ...[/SIZE]
chart_7777cc3.gif
[SIZE=-1]OTC:NRVH[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]eFluxMedia[/SIZE]
Courtney Holt Named President of MySpace Music
[SIZE=-1]Appscout, NY - Nov 26, 2008[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]It currently features songs from EMI Music, Sony BMG, Universal Music Group, Sony/ATV Music Publishing, and indie rock aggregator The Orchard. ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Courtney Holt Named President of MySpace Music [SIZE=-1]MarketWatch[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]MTV executive to lead iTunes rival [SIZE=-1]Crain's New York Business[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]all 65 news articles »[/SIZE]
Keyshia Cole and Soulja Boy Tellem Premiere Albums on MySpace Music
[SIZE=-1]RAPWEEKLY.COM, AZ - Dec 12, 2008[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]... The EMI Group, SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT, Universal Music Group, Warner Music Group, and Sony ATV, and whose independent music distribution partners ...[/SIZE]
Nokia Comes With Music Phone Announcement
[SIZE=-1]antiMUSIC.com, CA - Dec 12, 2008[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Nokia has also secured music publishing rights from CELAS on behalf of EMI Music Publishing, GEMA on behalf of Sony/ATV Music Publishing, SACEM on behalf of ...[/SIZE]
chart_7777cc3.gif
[SIZE=-1]AMS:NOKA - NOK[/SIZE]
Billboard Holding "Digital Music Live!" Conference on Changing ...
[SIZE=-1]AHN - Dec 9, 2008[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Guests include Rob Bennett, GM Entertainment Video and Sports, MSN; Peter Brodsky, EVP for Business Affairs, Sony/ATV Music Publishing; Eliot Van Burskik, ...[/SIZE]

Thanks Rasta. I totally LOVE the business update.

Oasis! That's huge. MJ is so gangsta, no wonder the media likes to pick on him, he's UNSTOPPABLE and they know it. LOL!

All of those little tidbits just add more CHA-CHING to MJ's pocket. HOLLA!

"Most of my career has been based in music videos, you know, working with Michael and Janet [Jackson] on the most expensive video ever made" - he's talking about the billion-dollar Scream - and doing tours or directing and choreographing music videos.

"But most recently I've been living in London....I'm making the switch from the music video world to the stage."

Full article [URL="http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_30147.aspx"]http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_30147.aspx[/URL]

Billion-dollar scream movie ?? - wasn't it like $15 million ??

yeah sure michael apologized to Q over such a thing. i sooo believe that. if u gonna lie Q at least lie about sth that makes sense.

Thanks Rasta. I totally LOVE the business update.

Oasis! That's huge. MJ is so gangsta, no wonder the media likes to pick on him, he's UNSTOPPABLE and they know it. LOL!

All of those little tidbits just add more CHA-CHING to MJ's pocket. HOLLA!

you are welcome and as I posted in another thread..

while the world is debating his sanity becuz of a outfit and disguise........Michael is surely rebuilding his empire and capitalizing on his investments .... without the haters and detractors be none the wiser...

the meaness of the media does hurt but on the other hand... it gives him a cover to conduct his business..

his is a regular Dr Jekyll and Mr Hide.............

yeah sure michael apologized to Q over such a thing. i sooo believe that. if u gonna lie Q at least lie about sth that makes sense.

Actually, Teddy Riley said something similar, so I don't know why you're so sure he's lying. I also don't know why you say it doesn't make sense. MJ did change some stuff and maybe Q who has known him for a long time had opinions about it. A lot of people have, even those who love MJ. I for one happen to think that he was perfect to begin with, so if it had been up to me (which of course it wasn't), I wouldn't have wished for him change a single thing. But as Q said, it's a very personal decision.

Actually, Teddy Riley said something similar, so I don't know why you're so sure he's lying. I also don't know why you say it doesn't make sense. MJ did change some stuff and maybe Q who has known him for a long time had opinions about it. A lot of people have, even those who love MJ. I for one happen to think that he was perfect to begin with, so if it had been up to me (which of course it wasn't), I wouldn't have wished for him change a single thing. But as Q said, it's a very personal decision.

because the phrase "im sorry quincy that my skin turned white due to vitiligo" or "im sorry quincy that i had a nosejob" doesnt make any sense at all to me. i dont know if it does to someone else here but to me it doesnt. plain and simple.

Did Quincy have to say that? Jesus. And Michael's working on 'living up to his potential' Quincy, just give him some time. It's not like he's sitting on his ass, like your comment seems to assume.

Q has known MJ since he was a young man so maybe he did say those things to him. I think MJ was dealing with alot of deamons in those days, he was hurting from his father and maybe alot of things we don't know about, also the changing of his skin. I personally don't think he has alot done obviously his nose cleff on the chin etc. But the most dramatic change is his skin colour. I still beleive Q loves him dearly and have you noticed its the ones who love him and know him the most and the longest are the most critical. Its because they love and care for him and they don't want him to be nieve and let people take advantage of him.

They know his talent and don't want him to waste it

bull. q doesnt seem to love him at all. he wasnt there to support him during the hardest time of his life. but lets not get into that now.

He's not wasting his talent though. He's using it as we speak.

Maybe Michael said that to Quincy, but if he did, it's personal, and Quincy should keep it to himself. Quincy seems detatched from Michael's life today and for the past 20 years.

I think Q still cares he was like a father to him, you can't just shake that off, he probably felt angry with him, and especially with the last case. He was probably angry that he let this happen again

yeah he felt "angry" and thats why he didnt support him and said that he didnt know michael as a person only as an artist. he felt "angry" yeah.

Wasn't Quincy the one who introduced Michael to Gaven or set that meeting up somehow? I seem to recall that being the case. Tra, la, la.

Wow, his greatest hits album went Gold; cool! Jsut wanted to say that.

Carry on people. :lol:

I swear to God I remember there being some kind of Quincy connection. But whatever. I don't know why he's always talking about his face. He know's the media will harp on it.

Last edited:
Honestly, I have a hard time beliving that MJ would apologized to Q about a personal decision. I do not care what anyone thinks. It is not even in direct quotes so whatever.

he was hurting from his father

Here we go with the "claims". Blah.

Anyway, thanks for posting the news, guys. Interesting information regarding the ATV catalogue.

mmmm Can we move on from the Quincy bashing please... If Michael apologized or not we'll never know, and if he chose to do so then it was HIS personal decision and who are we to say if he should have or not.

Honestly, I have a hard time beliving that MJ would apologized to Q about a personal decision. I do not care what anyone thinks. It is not even in direct quotes so whatever.

I'm with you Bee. The so-called quote, which is NOT even a quote, makes no sense. Aside from the fact, that I just don't trust the media.

We should all know how they get down by now. What Quincy had to say, "probably" wasn't juicy enough for those fools, so they ADDED a few words to spice it up. I mean, this would not be the first time they did something like that.

Thanks for the news. I think Quincy clearly still cares about MJ, That is the impression I get when I read some things he has written about him on his homepage. The media often twist what people say also I agree with Bee and Big Apple2 about that.

mmmm Can we move on from the Quincy bashing please...
move on to where exactly ? :lol: its not like we have a million things to talk about.... move on from this move on from that and in the end we'll be left with nothing to talk about except maybe what we had for lunch lol. q has said crappy things about michael in the past and most fans dislike him for that. now he said sth that doesnt even make sense. its only natural for the fans to comment on it. last time i checked this was a message board :flowers:

Back